1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blasphemy: I'm now a Pops fan

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockbox, Sep 25, 2017.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

From this day forth, I will always be a Greg Popovich fan. The man has integrity which is why people take pay cuts to play for him.

gatsby, Emtenndo, edwardc and 6 others like this.
  2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Pop has been ripping the dotard for a long time now. But yeah, I agree with you.

3. Mr. Space City

i f***s with pop and the spurs organization but their fans are soooooo bad

Kornel87 and macho GRANDE like this.
  4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I put Pops in the same category I put CP3. Hate, loath, despise the man on the court (well, because he isn't on my team). Off the court, nothing but love. Oh wait, I don't have to hate CP3 anymore... Pops, you next?

5. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Hah the funniest thing is seeing spurs fans b**** about pop when they lose. I didn't think it was possible, but it actually happens.

macho GRANDE and Vivi like this.
  6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I've never understand the concept of not supposed to be a "fan" of another player/coach/team.

Of course I root for the Rockets exclusively and over everyone.
    But I definitely respect and am a fan of Pop as a coach.
    I respect a guy like Dirk enormously. I think Cuban can obviously be a bit pompous at times, though I respect his love for his team and how he used to manage that team and can't honestly rip him that much today (they've had incredibly bad luck in free agency) except for the fact that he's ok with the being "ok" approach, but I think a good amount of that has to do with Dirk still being there and still being relevant and Cuban being so loyal to Dirk and not wanting to run him out via tanking, etc.

I respect and am "fans" of other players and teams, and am not of other players and teams, and it has 100% how I feel about them and their games or coaching or style. I never cared much for Kobe. Because I don't like his leadership style, or his inefficiency offensively. I don't like KG a ton. Don't care for his leadership style, and his inability to take over a game offensively. I like and am a fan of Dirk. Duncan. Most of the Warriors. I feel "ok" about Lebron - respect his game enormously, don't care for his constant passive aggressiveness.

You get the picture.

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Why from this day? Did i miss something?

Jontro likes this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

This is so true lol

9. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I'm assuming this is referring to his comments re Trump at today's media day, though he's trashed Trump in the past.

Vivi likes this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Oh i see...thanks.

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

what did pop say about trump?

12. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It has something to do about rivalry or some other reasons to hate a team.

For example, the Spurs and the Mavs are supposed to be our intra-state rivals. Utah is supposed to be the dirtiest team. etc. I actually don't really understand the rivalry thing. Maybe that's because I have been out of Texas for so long. But even in the days when I lived in Houston, I never felt that SA and Dallas were our rivals. The Lakers and the Celtics were the teams that I hated because they were the teams that stopped us from winning the championship. And the Rockets have been irrelevant for so long after the Hakeem era, it's even comical to claim that we were the Spurs' rival during the 2000s.

I am a certified Lakers hater. To me, the Lakers are the school yard bully who always take other kids' lunch money. I think they deserve hate much more than any Texas teams.

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I haven't been following the NFL side of things on this, but Pops said this as the end ... "This is an individual who actually thought that when people held arms during the game, they were doing it to honor the flag. [long pause] ... That's delusional. Absolutely delusional. But that's what we have to live with."

I'm not following. What did Trump say about holding arms as honoring the flag?

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

He also insulted people who voted for Trump and lectured white people on their supposed privilege. If Pop wants to go SJW, retire and take a commentator gig someplace.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am an admirer not a fan.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

What happened?

19. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

20. blink52y

blink52y Member

Pops just the man! I'm glad the NBA is sticking up to Trump!

hibbetts likes this.