1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Westbrook beats out James Harden for 2016-17 NBA MVP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 26, 2017.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That's so awesome...and probably true.

Who the f--k says "I'd like to thank my teammates for all the sacrifices they made to help me." That's what you say about your mom, dad and wife ... not your freaking teammates, who YOU are supposed to help get better. No one says thx for the sacrifices

Sheesh, he just admitted it. And he used that line for everyone in his speech,,,which shows he views the team like his parents and wife and coaches and trainers and etc who are paid to help him....and make sacrifices for him.

I have no problems with WB. Luv him. But I can't believe he said that....lulz

3. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

How does a guard receive props for being a competitor when he spends every game ignoring defense and constantly leaves guys wide open to shoot, so he can grab rebounds and chase a statistical benchmark?

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Westbrook, the guy who jacks up shots at a level rarely seen in the history of the NBA, pads his stats, barely contests any shots on defense, has a low BBIQ, and was 1 of the main reasons why KD left OKC plays the game the way it should be played? Lmao.

some people on Clutchfans just say the dumbest sh*t, holy sh*t

alethios, topfive and ferrari77 like this.
  5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I honestly believe to is absolutely true. If you magically give WB Hardens teammates, Coach, W/L record and stats, he still wins in OKC

If Harden gets WBs teammates, stats and record, he still loses as long as he's in Houston with Morey.

tinman likes this.
  6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Yep, second i saw 'jordnnn quoted your post' under alerts, I knew here's an attack by one of the Harden apologists....

69-22 is the number that counts.... once gain, no denying the talent... but when you have a close race the guy with the better (or not as bad) image is gonna win....

Look man, the guy is a tremendous talent talent... but no, he does not have a good image.... kobe was an alleged rapist who sued his own mom - but he sold a crapload of jerseys and got tons of accolades - including an MVP.... but did people think he was a swell guy? No, he was a narcissistic ass... but you couldnt deny the talent....

the fact that you want to argue any nuance of anything negative about james harden it is abundantly clear that you think the guys Sh*t don't stink - more power to ya....

but if you think stuff like Shaqitin a fool, poor defense viral videos and quittin in game 6 hasn't resulted in a negative image to many - idk what to tell you....

The NBA is all about image - promoting a product.... that's why they love propping someone up like Curry - pretty boy setting 3 pt records making for perfect photo ops with his good looking wife and cute kid....

at minimum.... James is currently being sued for allegedly organizing a beatdown... if you think there's any chance the NBA is gonna let him be awarded MVP with that pending - yer crazy.... "Reigning NBA MVP James harden was in court today to give a deposition regarding he allegedly organized a beating of an individual outside of a Houston strip club that Harden is a regular patron..." - aint gonna happen....

#126 kjayp, Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

The funny thing is, if Kantar actually did his job and rebounded the ball, Russ wouldn't have averaged a triple double.

I'm just glad he isn't in a Turkish prison.

topfive and J.R. like this.
  8. hakeemthagreat

Are we talking about WB or Harden here?

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

lol ok buddy.

Just because I come around to point out how over the top your James is the devil posts doesn't mean I don't think he has a fault to him.

I will continue to argue that his faults are minuscule in comparison to his immense talent.

You can keep your tinfoil hat on.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Photoshopped
    Harden would have just crossed half court

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this is just silly after these scrubs got sent fishing by harden himself. and last nite will undoubtedly end up the pinnacle of westie's career. both teamwise and personally, he is going nowhere until he perhaps latches onto a contender in his twilight years ala david west

Fulgore likes this.
  12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'll keep my tinfoil hat on... and you keep those blinders securely fastened... lol :)

13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Is donkey face finally going to get laid on prom night? Wtf

14. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

This.

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Congratulations to Westbrook on a historic season and an MVP trophy. I'm glad Harden didn't get it. It's hard to say winning should count for something after your candidate quits in an elimination game in the playoffs and gets skunked by your injury-depleted rival. It's a regular season award, but Harden's Game 6 should be a disqualifier anyway. Still mad.

Also, I don't like the arrangement of doing regular season awards after the postseason. It's too late.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

Westbrook somehow got votes for 1st Team All-Defense by members of the media, I'm speechless

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I have to wonder how GSW won the championship. Zero guys on All-NBA first team, Klay Thompson doesn't even make third team, only one guy on All-Defense. Got DPOY and a top-3 finalist for 6th man, but not even a candidate for MVP, rookie, MIP, or coach.

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Why not both?

19. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

I know it really shouldn't matter but I think you have to account for Harden's style of play. I know there are stat geeks out there who are going to disagree with me but anytime I watch Harden play he is going for the whistle first and actually trying to score second. There are numerous videos out there that show his craftiness when baiting his opponent in fouling him and there are videos that show him actually hooking players so that it looks like a foul. As efficient as that can be, it's not something people want to watch, and if it's done so often the media will point it out. To the common fan, it's just ugly basketball.

20. craguin

craguin Member