1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Utah Jazz one of 12 teams inquiring about Patrick Beverley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Nah, it may be a downgrade in terms of names, but Favors and Burks are bench guys for them now, Anderson and Pat would be starters for, also Lou might be a better player than Burks at this point all things considered.

I get that reading Favors there seems like there's an all star involved, but he's not, i don't really know what his actual value might be due to his spot issues, injuries and the fact that he's going to get paid next summer...

I don't know, like i said early i wouldn't do it if i'm Utah, mostly cause i wouldn't want to lose Hood (who's also going to get paid btw), but they need shooting and decent contracts anyway.

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

classic moreyball move lol more bang for your buck.

who's your second option after cp3? are you going for lowry and keeping your plan of 2 playmakers, or at that point you're willing to go for blake/hayward/milsapp?

3. Asian Sensation

I'm a Bev fan like everyone else but his value is at an all time high and it's not going to get any higher. He's the perfect asset to ship off in order to accomplish something major.

Classic case of buy low sell high. Hate to see him go but if it means CP3 is walking thru that door. Deuces.

Beardaholic13 and BigShasta like this.
  4. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

As much as I would hate to see Bev in a Jazz uniform, doesn't it feel like it's the perfect place for him? That franchise and Bev really fit together.

BigShasta likes this.
  5. threepointshot3

His offensive rebounding is what we will most. For a tiny guard he crashed the board better then 90% of the team.

lw17 likes this.
  6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Bev's contract is a bargain and including him is probably the only way to get rid of Ryan Anderson.

baller4life315 and RasaqBoi like this.
  7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

When and how?

This is such a dumbass post. You can't hurt your chances of playing with all star or superstar talent if you never got the chance here.

BigMaloe and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  8. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Morey would never do Bev like that.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Who are the other 11 teams, and what are they offering?

10. basketballholic

Actually I'm all in on Frank Mason. I wouldn't have a problem starting the young man if we drafted him. He can shoot it. Great handle. High bbiq. Great decision maker. And he is a plus defender.

If we can't get Mason I want to sign Pierre Jackson to a low dollar value deal. And then hold and see what else develops in the point guard market through trade, etc.

Don't want to sign Lowry. Love him. But he's too old and too much money. I'd be interested in Jeff Teague at the right price. But I think he's going to get too much.

I'd trade a second or a couple seconds for Ty Jones and plug him in.

Honestly, outside of Paul and Rubio I don't want to pay a point guard big bucks. I'm looking for point guards that can defend Curry and make Curry with defensively.

Outside of Rubio, the rest of the guys I mentioned are small guys that can get into Curry's dribble and Curry would have to defend them on the other end. I want a guy that's quicker and faster than Curry. The only exception being Paul and Rubio, who are both terrific defenders that Curry would have to defend.

#130 basketballholic, Jun 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I hope not.

12. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

all other 29 teams are interested in Bev since it's a such valuable contract, but at what price?

13. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

The jazz would absolutely never do that trade

14. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Basketball God bbhollic wants frank mason?? Guess I'm all in then

15. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

would love to get Favors in our team. 26 this year and his best basketball ahead of him.

16. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

lmao,what if fans were in control of one trade per year? that would make the nba so much funnier

17. craguin

craguin Member

If Bev is packaged with Ryno, I'd rather see Morey trade them to the Kings.

[James Ham / CSNBayArea.com - June 20, 2017] Report: Galloway to opt out of deal, opening up more cap space for Kings
    With the move, Sacramento moves an estimated $56 million under the salary cap for the 2017-18 season with a team option on Arron Afflalo for $12.5 million with a $1.5 million buyout. If Afflalo isn’t retained, the Kings can move $67 million under the salary cap with just seven players under contract.

[Jason Jones / SacBee.com - June 20, 2017] Langston Galloway will opt for free agency this summer
    Galloway’s decision means the Kings will begin free agency with all three point guards from last season as unrestricted free agents. Darren Collison and Ty Lawson will also be free agents.

BigMaloe and saleem like this.
  18. JD88

JD88 Member

On the same token, even if his value never gets any higher, his game will continue to translate to positive production, likely for the remainder of his career.

19. lw17

lw17 Member

Hate to see him leave, completely despise it but his work ethic makes him a winner. I'd Love to see him play for Cleveland....I hear LeBron respects him.

20. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I wouldn't mind him going to Cleveland. Lebron is good friends with him.

Bev for Frye / Pick

Frye has 1 year left 7 mill coming off next summer.

Asian Sensation and lw17 like this.