1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017 "Harden why u do dis" Breh Draft

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Yung-T, May 31, 2017.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Commish will proceed to the 2nd round in time.....I am sure.

2. lwqbulb

lwqbulb Member

I thought it was first to 4 votes?

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It is, you've won this.

4. lwqbulb

lwqbulb Member

Thanks. I know it is tough for you. No one wants to lose. I hope the next draft will be better in terms of judging with the Sim and the appeal votes.

You did any testing regarding the Sim matchups?

#1104 lwqbulb, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

No problem, I'm cool with you.

Just want to improve these drafts and judging for the future.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Btw I'll be home in roughly five hours and try to assemble our teams on 2k, just for f's sake.
    Think most legends are in the game, except for Barkley.

daywalker02 likes this.
  7. lwqbulb

lwqbulb Member

I am curious who will really win in the Sim matchup. We will see.. we can also based on that to see if it is really accurate. And can base on who this draft winner is. I maybe able to try out Sim but mine is 2k14 and is an old laptop. Will see how it goes.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I've got 2k17 on pc, think it has more legends.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good thing this has been cleared up.

Now I was still going to post my thought process that went into the Draft and my Generic Game Plan.

Draft: I went for 2 Champions Hakeem, arguably best Center Alltime, we can argue but he is at least Top 2 Two way Center.
    Jerry West - my beacon in the Back court. He can do it all, immensely good rebounder, playmaker, scorer. Top 12 Alltime player.
    The 3 pter wasn't introduced in his time but a lot of experts say he would rock that 3 pointer like the best of them.

Giannis - next best thing in the NBA - surely a superstar to come, can play up to 3 Positions each, can assist, can rebound, can block shots, 6'11, agile like a gazelle, and hungry like a panther.
    His weakness he cannot shoot 3s to a good percentage but is likely to get better.

Porzingis, Beal - Allstar caliber younger players. Can shoot, can help set up an Offense, have the length to bother opponents.

Bench - I got Kenny, 3D Scott, Van Horn as shooters. JR Rider can roam free, scoring at will from the bench. Swen Nater was a brave pick, his handle is not known but he was one of the best rebounders in the 80s. (12 rpg Career wise, one season 16rpg) ABA Allstar, leading rebounder. He can get garbage points and help facilitate.

Game Plan: I decided to go with Coach Rudy T because of the Synergy between OLAJUWON, KENNY on the bench and RUDY himself.
    As a former SF/PF himself, Rudy T will put strong emphasis on SFs and PFs and of course Olajuwon.

On Offense: We'd like to go to Olajuwon, Giannis, Kristaps on this, mainly Inside Out and have JERRY WEST and BRADLEY BEAL penetrate or shoot the rock.

The bigs can step out and drill long range shots. Hakeem with the corner 3s at times. MAIN WEAPON: footwork, Shakes and the Marquee FADE AWAY.

We would put in SHOOTERS from the bench to increase that effect. Kenny is the main assist guy here.

RUDY T will also learn to put in the George Karl's Run and Gun and Adelman's Princeton High Post Offense with Giannis, Porzingis, Swen Nater, Hakeem all sharing the load of playmaking. Run and Gun in the BACKCOURT - everyone moves on Offense, never stand still and whoever has the best position shoots and scores.

On D: We'd like to mix it up. One on One Defense with the ZONE. I am comfortable with that. Throw in length and athleticism at the foe!!!

Everyone can pass, shoot, score, steal, rebound and shotblock. The difference of talent level in the starting 5 isn't really that obvious except for the two HOFers.

#1109 daywalker02, Jun 22, 2017
    lwqbulb and Yung-T like this.
  10. lwqbulb

lwqbulb Member

Guess I am up against jmc for round 2. I am not on computer so I can't do the round 2 matchups yet unless I get back home. Will do so later if no one does it yet. Have to update my lineup first before anyone post it.

I tweak my lineup to move redick to the 1 and mutumbo to the 4. Jordan would be the primary ball handler for pick and rolls and iso plus post up while redick will run off screens. With Wallace and mutumbo plus sabonis as mean screens and cutters. Since Steve ker is my coach I feel the need to insert redick in my starting lineup to utilise his skilllset though Jordan will be the main scorer. Mutumbo is moved to the 4 and I believe he is Athletic enough and would be able to guard tim Duncan. Sabonis would man the 5 guarding Gobert and would also help the offence with his post moves and passing ability. The bench would not suffer much with as jmc forwards are not huge and maxwelll will be the primary scorer along with ibaka who can spread the floor. Harlem is an elite mid range shooter and provide leadership. I believe I have tweak my lineup right in order to face jmc team. May add on more later but am at work now. I am from Singapore btw.

Coach: Steve Ker
    PG: JJ Redick / Patrick Beverly
    SG: Michael Jordan / Kirk Hinrich
    SF: Gerald Wallace / Vernon Maxwell
    PF: Dikembe Mutumbo / Udonis Haslem
    C: Arvydas Sabonis / Serge Ibaka

Yung-T likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

2nd round

Horry vs JMC

Donatas vs. LwqBulb
    (hold your horses, JMC got another one first)

FTW vs LCAhmed

Jontro vs Daywalker

Gladiator time!

Yung-T likes this.
  12. Jontro

Jontro Member

give me a few to rethink my roster to face daywalker breh.

13. lwqbulb

lwqbulb Member

wow I just realise the rest of the breh automatically moved to the next rounds. That's a steal for them. Pardon me. Guess I was drunk,

I will stick with Redick at 1 and move Sabonis back to the bench. Redick will run off screens with Jordan as the main ball handler. Harden and Durant combo is nice but would be guarded by Jordan and Wallace which would be a nightmare for them. And on the other end Donatas do not have any players that can guard Jordan, definitely not harden as we know but maybe tony allen but that would bring him less floor spacing at the offensive end and tony allen is not really on par with jordan. No one could slow jordan down on the opposing team. If harden is on the floor, we all know what will happen on the defensive end. He would have to guard Redick, Jordan or wallace. Redick would run him off screens. Jordan would iso the hell out of him. And wallace will cut and post him up. I believe I made the right adjustments to my lineup.

Coach: Steve Ker
    PG: JJ Redick / Patrick Beverly
    SG: Michael Jordan / Kirk Hinrich
    SF: Gerald Wallace / Vernon Maxwell
    PF: Serge Ibaka / Udonis Haslem
    C: Dikembe Mutumbo / Arvydas Sabonis

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yes, I could see Bird scoring 30 pts. That is no problem.

Mutombo is a 15 ppg guy at his best and we count in best stats.

Bird would not rape Ibaka as I rate Ibaka pretty high. Good talent. Ibaka will give him more problems than you give him credit for.

I am not saying he is going to outscore you but the thing is you have Christie, Bowen in your lineup, they are not scorers either.

Bench guys only play for 20 minutes at best. They are a factor but not a major one. Sorry there.

Bynum had 1 season of 20 ppg, that is not enough for me.

I think as you described it you could have slight advantage but not a clear one.

You overrate your players drastically and belittle the players on Bulb's roster, his defensive and offensive potential.

If Jordan can score over 30. Lwq breh has a legit chance IMHO. He can win by a buzzerbeater. You know who.

Injury riddled Saboni - aren't we taking longer injuries out of this?

I have taken out the crazy mind of Andrew Bynum.

#1114 daywalker02, Jun 22, 2017
    lwqbulb likes this.
  15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I'm not belittling anything, I'm just plainly comparing the scoring output. It's a fact that he only has one true scorer, who's at the same time matched up against prime defenders.

You mention the bench players, but in this matchup they could play a lot more minutes because of his lack of scoring, so elite scorers like Jackson and Middleton would play a serious role.

Again, even the way he described the offense in his last post was Jordan and Redick coming off screens, this simply doesn't cut it when matched up against a team with the best perimeter defenders.

There's nothing belittling when stating that guys like Payton and Bird would kill Bev, Hinrich and Ibaka, it's not debatable by any standards.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

hay daywalker, wanna trade breh?

17. lwqbulb

lwqbulb Member

Yung would trade you Payton and Bird for peanuts to beat up daywalker haha.

Jontro likes this.
  18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Just to add, it's weird how you always factor in fatigue, bench players having little minutes etc when judging my team, but when it comes to lwqbulb, you suddenly don't mention fatigue and also act like Hinrich, Reddick and Sabonis would play huge roles and play integral parts.

Just doesn't make sense and seems one-sided, be consistent. Player x and y being underrated also isn't an explanation of how they'd outscore elite scoring counterparts.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

If you win this, I'd also feel better.
    How about a lineup of:
    Payton
    MJ
    Bowen
    Bird
    Mutombo

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That's actually a cool idea somehow. Loser of a round gets to supply his opponent with one player for the next round.