1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston making Ryan Anderson, Lou Williams & Patrick Beverley available

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 21, 2017.

1. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

Griffin has a player option, so not a FA officially yet (being petty here, I know, sorry)...But the whole "getting stars" narrative just seems foolish to me. It should be "get stars WHO FIT what the team is trying to do". This is why I will argue that getting CP3 simply wouldn't work. First, him and Harden effectively do the same thing, so you're getting 50 cents on the dollar when they're both on the floor and second, I think they would clash. CP3 being so uptight would lash out at Harden if he didn't get his way, and Harden in turn would give his usual passive aggressive BS.

I would be behind a PG13 rental, or the parallel universe Hayward signs with us. Best option from a fit and realistic stand point is Milsap. Would be more than willing to move assets for him!

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

He'd be a great 3rd option off the bench. A great 8th man. Agreed.

3. ch44

ch44 Member

If we make a trade tomorrow, I think most people will be upset in the return we get for our guys. Gotta look at the bigger picture though. The plan isn't to fix the team tomorrow.

Deuce and OmegaSupreme like this.
  4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Imo... Griffin or Milsap is the play...
    We got a 3 guard rotation of Harden/Bev/EG on reasonable deals... leave it alone... it aint the sexiest combo but i believe it could be the 3 guard rotation on a championship team - with the right additional pieces...
    From there you gotta explore upgrading Ariza... see if you can swing PG - depending on price tag for a rental... if you can afford to add Gallo....
    but top priority has got to be PF... you're gonna overspend - but you're gonna ditch Ryno's 20M/yr... Milsap is the conservative solid play... Griffin is the gamble....Ibaka will be overpaid...
    Then you need someone to shore up the 5 with CC...

as much as CP3 or Lowry might be enticing... it shouldn't be a top option...

5. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Boom

No Chill Rocket and kjayp like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

7. jayfree

jayfree Member

Looks like EG3 could be part of a trade targeting Paul George. So in essence, all the Rockets did this year was get a few free agent cast offs in EG3 and Anderson and a decent scoring (injury prone) Beverley and turned them into wanted players. Now they can sell high on them in a trade for another super star as well as land a FA superstar.

EG3 goes, we still have Williams as our 6th man. PG takes over the PF spot. Or if we get Blake or Milsap and have PG at SF spot then Ariza is trade bait or also moves to the bench (Which could be a good thing). We could also go the route of signing Paul instead moving Harden back to the 2.

Imagine,

C Capela
    PF Blake
    SF George
    SG Harden
    PG Paul

G Williams (instant offense)
    SF Ariza (nice defense)
    C Nene (bruiser- still think he doesn't get injured we beat SA or at least take it to game #7)
    PF Harrell
    SF Dekker

8. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Wonder if Bulls will bite the pat bev and lou wiliams bait + whoever for Jimmy Butler.

9. koby1868

koby1868 Member

It is not possible for us to sign Griffin and CP3 plus trade for PG13... completely unrealistic.

10. steveng125

steveng125 Member

You have no depth

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

No YOU Have no depth! :mad:

Your mama has depth!!!!! :eek:

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

That's what I am afraid of.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member