1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Enes Kanter to be arrested?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, May 20, 2017.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well, glad he is back, think that dictator in Turkey is a terrible man, and wants to turn Turkey into a theocracy, which would further destabilize that region.

Ever wonder why the most stable countries in the Middle East are brutal to their people? Thousands of years of arguing about religion.....sigh.

DD

2. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

I'm thinking about retiring there. Right now my friends and family live in Houston and considering one American dollar here is worth 3 to 4 of their dollars you can make a really nice retirement there. Right now I love my family too much to leave.

I agree this is a basketball forum and let's try to keep this on topic now or move it to the debate and discussion. A lot of the usual D&D posters have leaked out of there and they don't stop arguing. I care about my health too much to argue all day. They can stress themselves out in pointless on line debates but the rest of the forum is for entertainment.

#82 Brown Lost It, May 23, 2017
    Last edited: May 23, 2017
  3. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

agreed.

move it or move on.

Yaosthirdleg and raining threes like this.
  4. Mr. Space City

the brand is brolic

5. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Now you know how it felt for the past 8 years under the filthy community organizer. He sicked his dogs on everyone that even remotely said something negative about him.

DikembeOlajuwan likes this.
  6. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

[​IMG]

7. raining threes

This is a guy who gets it. I don't want politics in my sports discussions.

I hope you find happiness there.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Really? He "gets it?" I was under the impression that he brought Turkish politics up. I certainly didn't. I just implied that he's lost it and has been done brown, which could apply to any number of members here, and possibly some of the Rockets. It could even be seen as a joke. Turkey is no joke. I have some every Thanksgiving.

#88 Deckard, May 25, 2017
    Last edited: May 25, 2017
    Air Langhi and raining threes like this.
  9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. malakas

malakas Member

ridiculous. Now they make up accusations and crimes as they go.

I feel bad for Enes. It's likely until that dictator dies, he won't ever be able to set foot in his homeland.
    And there are many others like him. Exile or jail.

11. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

I don't know his level of intellect... but I do know he's really messed up in the head lol

el gnomo likes this.
  12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

1. I think we can all agree that we're happy Enes Kanter is in the US and not in a Turkish prison. (Now, maybe if he was a Spur ...) Seriously, this has been a pretty scary reminder of things we take for granted. We can insult our presidents all we want... clearly!
    2. I really love and value freedom of expression. I often don't like their takes, but I'm glad the players have a right to say this or any other thing. Liberals, conservatives, God creditors, environmentalists, flat earthers or whatever.
    3. People wanted Muhammed Ali to just shut up about politics, but he was largely correct, I think history showed, about Vietnam and about the plight of black in 1960's America. He died a real American icon and hero to many.
    4. If you don't like what an athlete says, you can always cheer against them or skip the games they play in.

RiceRockets, Deckard, MadMax and 2 others like this.
  13. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

Wait a minute. If you had some strong views and someone put a camera in your face, you wouldn't share them? If not, why not? Lack of courage?

There are many people in the world, even 'nobodies', that voice their opinions publicly. Don't hold it against Kanter because he's famous. It's not like he was at a basketball game. The dude was just doing his thing, and you jumped in....

Everybody uses their position as a soap box... chik-fil-a uses its franchise to shove Christianity down our throats (their sandwiches really are killer)

14. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

The thing is, a lot of politicians start out doing something else. They start as businessmen or scientists or doctors or whatever and notice something that needs to be fixed. They try to fix it, and when that's not enough they run for office. So this whole, let's keep politics out of sports business is garbage. You don't have to listen, but last time I checked I care as much about Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton's opinions on the direction of the country as much as a Russell Westbrook's opinions. They are all equally qualified to speak, they are all Americans. I hate that talking politics is a faux pa, it's that attitude that keeps us in a forever growing divide.

B-Bob and Air Langhi like this.
  15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Great post. This kind of thinking is way too good for the people of the internet.

16. Buck Turgidson

But have you ever spent time in a Turkish prison?

[​IMG]

B-Bob and heypartner like this.
  17. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Im not going to debate the level Kanter when through to express his views. My point is less about Kanter and more about celebrities.

Being closed on Sunday is shoving Christianity down your throat? Great customer service and (semi) quality food is shoving Christianity down your throat? I have never been in a Chik-fil-a that has promoted Christianity. If you choose to get all up in the business of a corporations belief, then that is your business.

18. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Much like if you choose to get all butt hurt because some Americans are taking their responsibility about voting seriously, discussing issues and problems, it's definitely your choice to do so. Americans discussing politics isn't a bad thing, regardless of their status as a celebrity or not. Are celebrities less of an American than you or I are?

A lot of people who make the whole "keep politics out of Hollywood" statements are Republicans who are butt hurt that Hollywood isn't republican. If you're a "keep politics out of [insert tag here]" do you get all up in arms when an athlete thanks God or Jesus because of a win? To those who say athletes should just athlete, then even faith should be off the table. Literally, all they can talk about is the game. That's it. Nothing else.

Jeez, that would be dumb.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Your take, brother is 100% accurate.
    If Chick Fil A is closed, I will go to Popeyes.

20. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Yes, I find it just as obnoxious when Christian athletes promote their faith. Im not in favor of elitist that promote their belief unsolicited. If they want to promote their nonsense on their person twitter, then its up to them.