1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by tellitlikeitis, Apr 9, 2017.

1. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

The matchups are set.

2. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

I think the Rangers got a good draw finishing 4th in the Metro which places them in the Atlantic playoff bracket. This guarantees they wouldn't have to face Pitt or Washington until the conference finals. I like Washington still out of the east but I can see the Rangers finding a way to the cup if they can quickly dispose of the Habs and the Sens/Bruins while a potential quarterfinal match up of Pitt/Washington could hurt whichever team squeaks past the other.

In the west it is tough to go against the Blackhawks who I am waiting for all this postseason hockey to catch up to but it just doesn't. The reason I think they continue to make deep runs is because they do a great job of updating and in some cases improving on the supporting cast around the studs. The Wild have really hit a wall here down the stretch and even though the Blues haven't fared much better I still see the Blues moving past the Wild only to get eliminated in short order by the Hawks. On the other side, I don't like this Ducks team and expect the Flames to pull the upset and set up the series I would most look forward to outside of the Stanley Cup in the Oilers v Flames. Both are young exciting teams that can light it up. I give Calgary the edge on D, and the Oilers the edge up front and McDavid is that something special to pull them past the Flames before playing in a too soon for the big stage series against the Hawks.

In the end I do think it is the Caps year and like them to beat the Hawks for the Cup in 6. But if my prediction of the Rangers coasting to the ECF while either the Pens or Caps use up too much energy beating each other gives us a Hawks/Rangers Finals I believe the Hawks would make quick work of the Rangers in 5.

In any event, NHL playoffs is the most exciting postseason around and I am looking very much forward to watching it unfold over the next 2 months. A great consolation for my Avs stinking it up this season with a almost historically bad season which has seen them not playing meaningful games at any time during the 2017 calendar year.

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Go Hawks!

tellitlikeitis likes this.
  4. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Is the universe trying to correct itself after the Cubs won the World Series

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

All four games went to OT last night. Only happened three times I think.

6. what

what Member

Let's go NASHVILLLLLLEE, smashville!

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Not a hockey fan, but it's cool traveling to other parts of the country and seeing sportsbars get hype during games.

NHL playoff is supposedly the best playoffs. More upsets, more competition compared to other sports

8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

The TENN-TEX fan

TENN first, or course

9. sew

sew Member

Pulling for Nashville and Subban.

**** the Habs.

10. what

what Member

go preds!!!!!

11. what

what Member

damn this is a hell of a game, heheheh

12. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Damn Pens.
    Damn Predators, Rinne, Subban, etc. Phucking it up.

5 cups while "my" Blues are still waiting for a Cup appearance for the 1st time in 50 years let alone winning the damn thing.:mad: