1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adam Silver: No big events in Texas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockets13champs, Feb 19, 2017.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Good for the NBA, this is such a non issue. Years have gone by without any problems and suddenly some moron wants to make a law.

We have more important stuff to worry about than bathroom etiquette, what is next we make the every other urinal rule a law?

Give me a break!

DD

2. raining threes

What's the issue at all,

Who brought up this issue?

3. raining threes

Nope,

I feel that a person should go to the bathroom that their junk dictates.

Common sense

Manos likes this.
  4. raining threes

When they've promised something, the city has spent money preparing for this big event and then the NBA/NFL take it away if you dont agree with their beliefs, I dont know if it's straight up blackmail but it's a 1st cousin.

Seems like Charlotte could file a suit against the NBA. Know any good lawyers?

5. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Last December the guy was checking me out in the sauna, didn't notice/pay attention. then I went to take a shower and he went in the one across from me and left his curtain 80% open and kept staring at me. I finished up and left without caring much.

Around 2 years ago two of the cleaning ladies were in the bathroom and I forgot what I was doing but they both came to my side of the locker room and they were just chilling there not doing anything and talking and laughing with each other in Spanish. I looked over and she wasn't cleaning or anything just waiting. I came back later to change and leave, because I think I was just grabbing something from my locker.

Again, both don't really bother me. The guys locker room is open field. One time a woman accidentally walked right through (after swimming I think) and no one batted an eye. I don't know how I feel about the women's locker room, but I think it's best to keep penises on one side and vaginas on the other. If you have a sex change then you can switch sides I guess.

6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I guess he won't consider NBA Conference Finals and NBA Finals as "Big Events" later this year.

BigShasta likes this.
  7. onreego

onreego Member

So where should this Human Being go to the bathroom?

[​IMG]

I understand your fears and paranoias but we should take the time to also think of theirs. Majority of the Transgender population aren't even comfortable using their gender identity's bathroom until they've fully transitioned. Imagine the internal battle they face. And as much as people want to use the argument of "it's their choice." It's really not. Now put yourself in this man's place if the bill is successful and imagine him having to go in a bathroom his "junk" dictates.

hibbetts and Williamson like this.
  8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I refuse to engage in any real "discussion" here because these things are usually just shouting matches in which no one is really willing to consider the other's views/perspective and possibly alter their own views. But I do want to state, for the record, that I'm with Silver on this. That bill is complete and utter nonsense and I don't think anyone who supports it even knows a transgender person or realizes what it will actually look like if they get what they want. You don't want your wives and daughters to feel unsafe in the bathroom? Then maybe consider that this is what it looks like when a transgender person uses the bathrooms of the gender on their birth certificates:

[​IMG]
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/3/13/1370710/--WeJustNeedToPee-Occupotty-TransLivesMatter

hibbetts and onreego like this.
  9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Great minds!

onreego likes this.
  10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Michigan State?

As for the NBA All Star weekend not happening in Houston, that's OK with me regardless of bathroom laws. NBA All Star weekend is kinda lame.

11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Serious question, do trans women pee standing up? That would make the Men's room a much better option.

12. Buck Turgidson

Bears **** in the woods.

13. Manos

Manos Member

You mean like allowing a 40 year old man into the women's locker room where 11 yr old girls are changing? That's a human right'? Clown....

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Not sure what the hell you are talking about but if a 11 year old thinks someone else (male or female) is ogling and/or making her uncomfortable in the bathroom she can report the incident to the police. I don't know how not having this law does anything to condone harassment.

Williamson likes this.
  15. Manos

Manos Member

I'm talking about this: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ton-state-man-undresses-locker-room/80501904/
    This is the kind of BS Texas is looking to avoid.

"No one was arrested in this case and police weren't called, even though the man returned a second time while young girls were changing for swim practice.
    Sort of works against the point they're trying to make. They're causing people to feel exposed and vulnerable with the intention of reducing people feeling exposed and vulnerable," said pool regular Aldan Shank."

This POS was well within his rights, strange to me that you don't feel the need to protect children from this kind of thing.

16. Postpremium

Postpremium Member

This is what I can't stand...Silver's faux moral objection. If he is truly standing up for what is right, then remove franchises from any state that passes such a law. Apparently he's OK doing business in a discriminatory state and earning billions throughout the year, but draws the line at the once-a-year allstar game. Please, spare me your moral objection. Money > morals.

BigShasta likes this.
  17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Hey Silver .... What you gonna do when the Rockets are in the finals this season ?! Have all 7 games on the other teams court ?!!

Careful who you boycott .... It might come back to bite you and Les in the ass pocket cause that knife cuts both ways.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

they should make a law forcing people to wash their hands after doing your business. also nothing worse than grabbing a door knob in a restroom for germaphobes.

now we'll know why the refs won't favor the rockets.

19. basketballholic

Maybe they stop going to China and other nations who are serious human rights violators then? Since they care about people's rights? Maybe they stop going to Mexico since they treat their illegal immigrants like stray dogs? You know, because they care about people's rights so much? Yokay. #hypocritical

#139 basketballholic, Feb 21, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    BigShasta and Purvis2Short like this.
  20. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

Lol, I'm all about human rights. However, when a supposedly transgender female attach a woman, man, or child in a rest room. How can you tell if someone is transgender, transsexuals, vs transvestite without violating the privacy act? How would you feel if your 6 yr old daughter went to a rest room and a supposedly woman with a penis is using the stall next door? In my opinion, a solution is for the state to provide a 3rd restroom but this would be expensive and labeling. Texas is so backwards and conservative that I really hate living here at times, but I actually agree with this law.