1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden will start the 2017 All-Star Game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jan 19, 2017.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The arbitrary valuing of Westbrook's 2 more rebounds per game than Harden in order to satisfy the "averaging a triple double!" logic remains silly, though I agree with you that it is likely how many voters will feel, which is very disappointing.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

i mean it sucks but the players do understand themselves how crazy it is that he is actually doing so. at the end of the day it's probably more of a respect and giving credit where credit is due to Westbrook.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I guess 30/10/10 just doesn't sound any crazier to me than 28/11/8. They are both equally video-game-like.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Off topic. Who is going to play center for the East? LeBron?

BigShasta likes this.
  5. ReliantTexan

ReliantTexan Member

Hui likes this.
  6. malakas

malakas Member

the players' votes reveal many gems!
    Pachulia got just 2 votes less than Draymond Green. Former teammates who like him voted for him, or it's just trolling?
    Marc Gasol 59..not bad seems he has respect around the league.
    Players like both Lillard AND Mcollum more than CP3 LOL and hardly any player seems to like much Klay Thompson who got just 3 votes more than ....Mudiay.
    Porzingis is appreciated more than Carmelo.
    Pretty much : CP3 and Draymond Green are very unpopular with players, and Melo and Wade also don't seem to have much "respect" voting.
    If it was done last year, you can be certain that most of the league would have still voted for Kobe.

124 players didn't vote for Lebron James. Very good argument in favour of taking away their voting rights.

BigMaloe and BigShasta like this.
  7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

don grahamleone likes this.
  8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Regarding James Harden & Russell Westbrook's results in the MEDIA All-Star vote. According to Feigen, the voters ARE NOT THE SAME.

Here are the Media votes along with the media voters listed at the bottom (PDF)
    http://official.nba.com/wp-content/...-Star-Starters-Media-Voting-Results-Final.pdf

Unless I missed it, I didn't see any Houston Media on that list. So like Feigen said, the All Star Media Voters are not as "distributed across markets" as the MVP Media voters. Makes a difference.

Also, LOL at the ONE Media CP3 vote. We all know that good old Steve Kyler was responsible for that!

BigMaloe, BigShasta and malakas like this.
  9. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

10. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

yea right..I thought I edited this post last night...time will tell how long he's out yea

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Last year James was persona non grata ... this year he's playing at a similar level and all the heads are busting nuts in their pants.

Weird.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Not sure if serious. He averages 5 more assists and 2 more rebounds per game this season, and is shooting more efficiently. Not to mention his team has won a truck load more games than last season at this point.

D-rock likes this.
  13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Right. Dick can only get so hard crazy good. Last year he had a historic season that put him amongst some of the greats,and he was snubbed and blacklisted from everything, he was a cancer. Now he's a unicorn and everyone wants to him.

I acknowledge his superior stats this year. Nice to have high IQ guys on the team. What he did last year with the players he had was a miracle.

14. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Media didnt have to choose between them this time. Vast majority of them voted for both of them. Some guys voted for Curry instead of Harden.
    MVP voting is different

heypartner likes this.
  15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You're right about signing that post "Weird" as that's one weird post.

Easy likes this.
  16. qiankun

qiankun Contributing Member

Nah Curry should stick to his belief of the right way of playing basketball and keep his spot from someone padding the stats. Proof: Westbrook leading the league in uncontested rebounds http://stats.nba.com/players/rebounding/#!?sort=REB_UNCONTEST&dir=1

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. YOLO

YOLO Member