1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boogie Cousins is the most overrated "star" in the league... Not even top 15.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Canada, Jul 29, 2016.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I plead stupidity on this one. I have no idea if it would be good to have him on the rox or not.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  2. RightTooCensor

I'm just gonna re-post the same thing I said on another site about the topic; let it be known that the guy Cousins was talking to had been scrutinizing him on a constant basis since he's been a rookie:

There's nothing wrong with poking the bear, what gets people riled up is when the bear pokes back. 6 years of smut is nothing compared to one finger point and a couple curse words. I feel for certain NBA players that have to go most of their careers with media members criticizing their character and manly-hood on a daily basis.

There are certain fans (and media members) that expect players to suck it up and take the criticism they get on a daily basis because they are the ones getting paid millions of dollars. For the most part, guys do suck it up and barely react to the scrutiny, but in this instance the reporter commented about Cousins' family which is where you draw the line as a person. I'm disappointed guys like Howard Beck don't see it that way and will continue to defend the reporter that's just looking for the next scoop on Cousins' lack of leadership.

It's funny that just because Cousins' brother plays in the NBA that it is acceptable to criticize him to Boogie, but if he (or anyone else in his family) didn't play basketball then the reporter would be deemed a scum of a man.

ramotadab and RedIsen like this.
  3. MONON

MONON Member

In his head, he's a "star" & he's been pampered all his life, because "he's the man". At present, he would completely destroy team chemistry. I do think that MDA & this system could turn him around, but not this season. In a year or 2 here, he could become a very good player for us. Then his only draw back would be that he doesn't run the court well. Capela has it all over him in that department.

4. RightTooCensor

The Sacramento Bee claims that Boogie was trying to control the media as if they're the victims. They've been pushing his buttons and degrading his well-being for six years now. The Bee is gonna do their best to destroy whatever value is left of Cousins, he needs to leave that city ASAP.

5. RightTooCensor

It's much easier to believe that the middle-aged 5ft. white journalist is getting bullied by the moody 7ft. black athlete than vise-versa.

don grahamleone likes this.
  6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Cousins is mentally weak.

He's picking a fight with people who can crucify him publically.

7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lmao

saleem likes this.
  8. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

He's dumb. And honestly, you could make the argument that he's not even top-20...

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Do not want unless he comes cheap and eager to play off the bench.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'm really starting to get cold with the idea of having Boogie here, i love his talent and i still think a change of scenario can only make him a better guy/player, but between his attitude and his fit with Harden i'm not sure anymore...i guess it all come down to what you will eventually trade for him, but while i was ok in trading Clint and Ryan with other things for him, i'm not so sure at this point...might be a better idea to just wait and eventually go after him as a free agent -> if we can't get Hayward this summer or George the next...

11. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

dont want that cancer here

12. Normalus

Normalus Member

You can talk anything about him, but don't you dare to talk about his Cousins.

ramotadab likes this.
  13. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Remember when a lot of people wrote Eric Gordon off ? Funny how being on team u don't want to be changes you.

14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Maybe for Corey Brewer, KJ McDaniels and a 1st. Otherwise I'm good.

ramotadab likes this.
  15. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

Boogie is no saint, but if I had to play for the Kings and live in Sacramento i'd be pissed too.

Look at their recent draft picks and FA signings. It's not good.

16. jbasket

jbasket Member

I would take him in a heartbeat. Sacremento kills careers. Trade anybody but Brewer.

17. oelman44

oelman44 Member

As much as I hate Simmon's new website the Ringer, his two pieces imagining how Boogie would do on the Celtics was pretty accurate. It could work really well, or it could be a disaster. Very high risk/high reward situation.

18. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Then you don't want him lol

19. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Only way you get the opportunity to trade for a player as young and talented as Cousins is if he's being a malcontent. That's the risk you take otherwise you draft your talent or you take your chances in free agency where you strike out more often than not.

If the Kings offer Boogie for our young pieces like Capela and Dekker you'd better believe Morey does it.

ramotadab and jbasket like this.
  20. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member