1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As a true Rockets, nah HOUSTON fan... it's my right to hate Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houstunna, Dec 8, 2015.

1. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

I hear what you're saying and I agree that it's going to take more than wishful thinking to snap Harden out of the funk he's been in, but I'll never buy that a season ending injury is the solution.

2. tdo

tdo Member

Okay. He will never be efficient again. Missing wide open corner 3s is just the new norm for him. Missing lay ups is his new game.

Seriously you can't be taking 22 games over 3 seasons right? He is not old, so there is no expected drop off here. I am pretty sure he would have been "figured out" before his 7th season in the NBA if that were the case. I can't believe we are actually having this conversation. He is missing shots he typically makes offensively, and playing with minimal energy and effort. It really is that simple. Not that someone in the league finally decided to share their secret formula on how to stop him. The more difficult question is how to get him to play with some damn effort.

3. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

Harden is becoming the "either he's really good or really bad" type guy. Can it turn around? Sure! Do I think it'll happen this season? Nope! Two summers ago Harden was with team USA and came to the Rockets in great shape. Now without the push from team USA he came in out of shape and with no fire. We saw through the media what his summer consisted of moreso than any other player in the league. This is very cliche but if Harden has Watts work ethic he could easily be the best player in the league. Those things aren't taught. That's just in you and he doesn't have it. He won't develop it either.

4. Raven

Raven Member

Rockets won't trade Harden until they exhaust every other possible solution. Firing McHale was the first change, but there will be others. Many others. Expect a massive roster shakeup that goes beyond deadline trades. Harden's transformation into a clown act, btw, only validates the need for multiple stars, and the Rockets will be hell bent for leather to add another one this offseason.

And I'll repeat, why overpay Dwight if he couldn't even lift the team up when Harden is mailing it in?

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

actually the 7th season claim is irrelevant. There's nothing to figure out before that if you don't reach that upper tier. Once he had the "mvp caliber" season he had last year, this assuming he reached the peak point. Once that happens as the league adjusts to that, its on the player to either still continue to impose their will on the game or struggle through it as a result. I don't think you're understanding the point here. Despite what he's done the last few seasons here, last year he reached a point where the question was is he going to be able to still get better or the other way around. Again the point is not about him being efficient again but to have the same/similiar caliber season last year and translate over to your team is something only the true elites can do.

6. tdo

tdo Member

I'm not missing your point, I just don't agree with it. Which is fine, we just have differing opinions. I think the last few years are relevant since he has shown for many seasons that he is an efficient scorer that can also elevate the play of his teammates. He hasn't been as good this season which sucks, but I still have hope he can bounce back, given his history of success. I could be completely wrong, but I'm banking on a much larger volume of work than you are, you are basing it on the most recent body of work.

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Of course the offense isn't currently elite, meaning this season. But he deserves benefit of the doubt his FG%s and stats will raise closer to his norm... which is elite. His foolish passing will improve too.

8. Rio Rocket

Rio Rocket Member

after dirk won mvp, the mavs had little success for 3 years. doubters said he his peak was losing to the wade heat in the finals. doubters said he was soft and did not have the heart of a champion.

1 person likes this.
  9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

10. maw7079

maw7079 Member

I am a 33-year Houston sports fan... And I approve this message.

Also, F@$k Harden's lazy ass!!!

11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

The only thing more annoying than the LOFs, is all these idiot "fans" that defend Harden...

They act like yer not a real fan if yer not willing to gobble whatever CRAP Harden is spewing..

They constantly make excuses without understanding that - yes, there are nights when your shot may not fall... yes, everybody cannot be an elite defender... but EFFORT IS 100% CONTROLLABLE - REGARDLESS OF CIRCUMSTANCES - and if someone isn't even willing to TRY to do their best... SCREW 'EM!

12. tdo

tdo Member

Calling people idiots, and proceeding to spell you're, yer. How ironic.

So if you are the GM of the Houston Rockets, what do you do with Harden? What is your solution?

13. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

tinmac is avoiding this thread like the PLAGUE! lol!

14. qiankun

qiankun Contributing Member

Find a trade, or get fired by Les.

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Agreed, OP.

Harden hasn't won me over as a person, or as a leader.

Not everyone has to, but he's now billed as an alpha-dog player and talks the big talk.

It's going to take more than flashy plays to earn respect once you're in that kind of spotlight, otherwise you're just another player.

16. swakid8

swakid8 Member

Something to remember guys, when Dream was younger, he was pretty wild himself. It wasn't until dream found something that calmed him down.

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Jesus dude how many seasons of basketball have you seen? Its almost as if you're not seeing something because you don't want to, and that level of ignorance is something you won't be able to unearth no matter how many people call you out.

This sort of evaluation is not simply looking at the box score or results, its about looking at a pattern. Thats why so many people have caught on, because the pattern James is displaying is one that's been seen countless times in the history of the NBA. You'll get the benefit of the doubt for being a novice, but watch your manners about calling one of the other posters I think, for being a bad fan when they have been on this site and supported the team in ways you probably don't know. Nobody on this forum wants to hate or criticize their franchise player, but the hallmark of rational people is to be able to look at themselves, or in this case their team, and see what is dead wrong and needs to change.

18. onreego

onreego Member

Dream was wild but he always had that fire. Personally, I'm glad we have Harden versus Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lin/Lamb, but I do get the TMac sleepy vibe versus that Jordan type fire.

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

2 things can flip Harden quick...

1) New coach who holds him accountable
    2) Meets a woman who truly looks out for his best interest

The latter is more unlikely, but the best. The former will happen, but the question is how Harden reacts. I say if he still doesn't act right.. bench him, embarrass him, suspend him, and do without him. Go get Thibodeau, if James can't hang, let him go. I'll still support the team and buy tickets.

20. jbasket

jbasket Member

Hakeem played defense though.