1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CF Fans Smeg Fantasy Footy 2013

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Rocketball, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member

Guys,

It's getting that time of the year to start getting things going for the Fantasy Football Season - Clutchfans "Smeggy" Style. First thing, we need to see who is planning on playing this year, so let me know if you are coming back or not:

Here is the line-up from 2012:

PSJ
    Rockets34
    Jent
    Fade
    Sam
    Flash21
    Rook
    Longhorn
    Pete
    Smeg
    Ziggy
    Moe

Coming back for more punishment
    Running scared with tail between their legs

Then we got to decide on a few items/changes for this season:

1. Do we dump the keepers or do we want to keep them, if we decide to go down that route how exactly do we want to do it?

2. Do we want to change anything up with the scoring and/or format to the league, must decide this before the draft starts, once it starts, everything will be locked in place?

3. Lots of people are getting tired with Fanstar, so if ESPN allows IDP do we want to switch to that one?

4. When do we want to start the draft? Also, need to have everyone's emails so I can do a random draft order machine and have results emailed to everyone - week or two before the draft.

Let me know as as possible on your intentions to play this season, so if we need to can find replacements and any changes you want to make. It's gonna be a fun year!!!!

Vote:

Keepers: Yes - 3, No -1, IDC - 1
    New Website: Yes - 5, No - 0, IDC - 1

#1 Rocketball, Jul 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I vote for the switch to ESPN or preferably Yahoo which does allow IDPs.

3. Rocketball

Either one's fine with me.......

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

[​IMG]

Plus I would love to move from Fanstar. Don't mind which one just anyone but them.

Also the keepers is on you guys, I don't mind either way.

5. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I'll be back for sure.

1. Do we dump the keepers or do we want to keep them, if we decide to go down that route how exactly do we want to do it?
    I would prefer to not have keepers -- never really wanted them in the first place -- but will play regardless.

2. Do we want to change anything up with the scoring and/or format to the league, must decide this before the draft starts, once it starts, everything will be locked in place?
    I think the scoring system is fine.

3. Lots of people are getting tired with Fanstar, so if ESPN allows IDP do we want to switch to that one?

As long as we can continue to do a fantasy points head-to-head format with the same (or highly similar) scoring system, I would be okay with moving away from Fanstar.

4. When do we want to start the draft? Also, need to have everyone's emails so I can do a random draft order machine and have results emailed to everyone - week or two before the draft.
    2-3 weeks prior to opening day kickoff is usually enough time to start the draft. Would like to get the order established ASAP once everyone is confirmed for planning purposes, though.

6. SK34

SK34 Member

Can I join?

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

8. PhiSlammaJamma

In.

Keeper is good with me.
    Scoring fine.
    ESPN good.
    Defensive Players fun
    email is cweir13@yahoo.com

9. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

I am back again.

I like ONE keeper only.
    Scoring is fine as long as it is similar to fanstar?
    Any site as long as we keep IDP
    I guess around August 19th just like last year to start the draft.

Also if everyone agrees to make sure there is a trade deadline if at all possible?

10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

On second thought, I do have some input regarding the keeper system.

I think its best to just go ahead and re-draft this year. It'll be easier so that everyone knows and plans their roster around keeping a player. Everyone gets a fair shake and we won't get as much complaining if we start the keeper system the following season.

Plus I don't think I can take Ziggy b****ing in two leagues because he didn't get to keep his picks or traded away his best players for garbage.

Thanks again and regardless of whatever we decide I'm still in.

11. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I am BAAAAAACK!

1. Do we dump the keepers or do we want to keep them, if we decide to go down that route how exactly do we want to do it? Re-draft.

2. Do we want to change anything up with the scoring and/or format to the league, must decide this before the draft starts, once it starts, everything will be locked in place? Scoring is fine

3. Lots of people are getting tired with Fanstar, so if ESPN allows IDP do we want to switch to that one? Once again, instead of this 5th grade put together crap, pleaaaaaase switch to Yahoo!

4. When do we want to start the draft? Also, need to have everyone's emails so I can do a random draft order machine and have results emailed to everyone - week or two before the draft. With Yahoo, we can start whenever and be done in 2 hours max, i.e. See the leagues I have commished for the past 10 years on this board.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

LOL. I was a big fan of keeper last go-around but it seemed to create a 50/50 rift. I'll defer to you guys. I do own someone's picks, I think Moes, but I don't trust that guy, he lost his honor.

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I think my vote is tallied under the "IDC" category but I'd like to change it to NO on the Keepers voting.

Dude I swear the next time you complain about something I'm personally driving the wahmbulance thru your front door! :p

14. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

I thought last year we drafted knowing that we were doing keepers since we were able to keep one player last season anyways?

Either way I am fine with it, but I still vote for one keeper..but maybe that is me being selfish with all the top RB's I have :p

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah, we knew about keepers last year.

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yeah but the year before I came you guys had no idea that you were changing to a keeper league.

I was lucky enough that the guy managed to keep one pretty good guy in Rodgers as my keeper, but even so it's still not fair to everyone else that wasn't as lucky **cough cough, Zig** either.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Lol, I was upset last year because technically someone could have a keeper like Foster, then wind up with the 1st pick in the draft since it was random. But whatever. The things I say make sense. I'm a fair and honorable fantasy player.

18. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

I'm back to defend my title! Keeper vote - yes. Keep rules - yes. Switch leagues - yes.

19. Rocketball

Trust me, I could go either way and be happy (no not that, you guys are sick) I'm talking as it relates to keepers. I like it a lot cause it keeps people coming back year after year, keeps people active all season and it seems to spark more trading throughout the season (as it does with the baseball league). The hard part of it is how do you implement it, especially with new owners of past teams (such as our good friend Ziggy last year), but you have to start somewhere. In the end I will be happy either way and as it looks like so far, more people are in favor of it, but we need to clean up the rules and how to do it.

As I said I love the keeper concept, but if I had my choice I would use the following format (but there are other ways):

1. You have option of keeping 0, 1 or 2 players.
    2. You can only keep that player for 2 consecutive years, then he must be put back in the draft pool. You can however, keep him in year 1 and 2, not in 3, then redraft him and keep him in 4 and 5.
    3. If you keep a player, you lose the draft pick in the round you picked him in the previous years draft (no later than round 15, so FA picks that were not drafted and want to be kept would count towards your Round 20 pick). As for players that you keep for the second year, that draft pick slot moves up 5 spots. For Example: If I drafted Andrew Luck in the 12th round last season, I can keep him and lose my 12th round pick this season...if I decide to keep him again the following year that moves to a 7th round pick. If I keep a player I drafted in round 20 or higher, or picked up in FA then He is slotted as my 20th round pick automatically.
    4. You can decide keepers up to the day of the draft (trades as well), especially after knowing the draft order. That can be done either by random order, or worst to first order.

Other options I have seen run as well:
    1. Everyone gets 1 or 2 keepers and then draft.
    2. Everyone gets to keep 1 or 2, but loses 1st pick and second pick (not a fan here).
    3. Vulture keeper league (this is a little more complex).
    4. Dynasty type league (probably not the best for our set up).

It does look like we will definitely switch to Yahoo or ESPN.......though in keeping with tradition as many hate it, but love it as well, will keep our slow draft style - something strangely fun about it we all love..............

20. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Can we vote on that as well? I have gotten used to it, but I would vote to just to the traditional 1.5 to 2 hour draft and get it over with.