1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All-Time draft FINALS: RedNation vs. Yung-T

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by DonatasFanboy, Sep 10, 2012.

1. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

First to 4 wins!

Please break down your vote. You can use this scheme:
    Frontcourt
    Backcourt
    Bench
    Offense
    Defense
    Chemistry (how do players fit on the court)

Or just explain the main weaknesses / strengths that you think will determine the winner.

Voters: all participants + VBG and IzakDavid13 as outside judges.
    Anyone else welcome as well, as long as you explain your vote.

RedNation

pg: Isiah Thomas
    sg: Joe Dumars
    sf: Rick Barry
    pf: Kevin Mchale
    C: Hakeem Olajuwon

Bench:
    G:Tiny Archibald
    G: Dale Ellis
    F: Carmelo Anthony
    F:Chris Webber
    C: Otis Thorpe

vs.

Yung-T

PG - Chris Paul
    SG - Chris Mullin
    SF - LeBron James
    PF - David Robinson
    C - Bill Walton

Bench
    PG - Alvin Robertson
    SG - David Thompson
    SF - Michael Cooper
    PF - Bobby Jones
    C - Pau Gasol

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

All the best to both of us, may the best win.

[​IMG]

3. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

i'll do this quickly.

frontline - Yung T. Hakeem is the best big. McHale gets advantage over Admiral because he's more familiar with PF. But LeBron is much better than Barry.

back - Red. Isiah = CP3. I'd take Dumars over Mullin for his defense. And Red gets an extra point for proven chemistry.

bench
    - close, but Yung-T. I think Red's bench is more talented, Yung-T has a more complete, all around bench.

offense - Red. A great offensive team with no big flaws. McHale / Hakeem overlap a bit and there's some ball stopping. But really, those are minor issues that just come with super talent.
    + the bench.

defense - I'll say even. I've said what i think of Walton, I think he's awesome and a top 10 center all time, but also a bit overrated here. I don't think he's on par with the dominant elite, which is Hakeem, Kareem, Wilt and Shaq. His biggest achievement vs. other greats is basically sweeping Kareem on his way to a title in Western Finals, where Walton played very well, but was still kind of destroyed by Kareem and got bailed out by superior supporting cast. That's not to say Walton wouldn't have been one of that top if able to develop injury free. By the time he added weight and strength, he was a shell of himself. Hakeem was heavier, stronger, and yet very quick in his prime and possibly the best defensive center ever next to Russell.
    I'd take Hakeem+McHale defensively, but LeBron+bench even it out.

Chemistry - Red, though it's close. Yung-T has great passing everywhere, but LeBron/CP3 overlap each other quite a bit as ball dominant guys.
    Red: Bad Boys backcourt, Isiah-Hakeem core, surrounded by jumpshooters; + McHale more used to playing at PF than Robinson. Some ball stopping, but close to perfect.

Red wins in 7.

4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Frontcourt - redN
    Best frountcourt out of entire draft, no need to explain anymore...

Backcourt - redN
    I like the isiah dumars combo more than paul mullins...alvin supplys great d but i like tiny and the distance of ellis better...

Bench - wash
    RedN is more offense packed while yuntizzle is defense packed...

Offense - redN
    hakeem and mchale in the post kicking out to barry is fantastic... i jus dont like how people wanna throw 2 centers out there... no matter how athletic.they are, its a spacing problem...

Defense - yungt
    Its world class..

RedN in 7

5. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Frontcourt: RedNation
    Backcourt: Yung-T...I put LeBron in the Backcourt.
    Bench: RedNation...just
    Offense: Tied...if I had to choose RedNation...just
    Defense: Yung-T...just
    Chemistry: RedNation

As much as I think Bill Walton is over rated, and better suited to comming off the bench. I find it very hard to go against a big 3 of Paul, James & Admiral.

But in saying that, I saw Hakeem demolish the Admiral time and time again, and Paul would have his hands full with Isiah.

Could go either way...so very close.

In the end, too much overall firepower...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    RedNation game 7 overtime WINNER!

:grin:

6. jvu

jvu Member

FC redN haaaaaakeeeeeem baby!
    BC redN isiah was amazing during his time. Would equate to cp3. Dumars > mullens
    Bench yung sizzle gotta love that mike coop/thompson and I hate melo so you win barely
    O redN
    D yung t
    Chemistry yung t cp3-bron bench I love that combo. I think your FC could've been much better. rN I don't really like your bench but your FC chemistry of mchale/ Olajuwon would be great. It would've been perfect of you picked up a C and put Hakeem at PF. Oh well you made it to the finals anyway. So good job.

Finally
    Yung T @7 barely

7. jvu

jvu Member

lol I enjoyed your effort. This is definitely the vote of the year haha

8. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

yep IzakDavid rocks!

*in Hollinger's voice* could Yung-T beat the odds and come back from 0-3?
    1-3 now, this will be interesting!

9. IzakDavid13

It was very hard to go against Yung-T's team. He has an awesome point guard in CP3, Mullin who was a tough gritty player, with a smooth stroke. LeBron James. The Admiral and The Greateful Dead Guy.

His bench was also tight, I love David Thompson & Cooper, but in the end Hakeem & McHale down low, Barry on the wing, the Bad Boys in the backcourt with
    DAT BENCH
    [​IMG]

Of Tiny, Dale 'Downtown' Ellis, Melo, Webber and O.T.!

Daaaamn!
    [​IMG]
    DAT BENCH!!!

Too much depth to handle.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Maaaan I made the ultimate Winner Picture for RedN, just gotta make the winner official in the next few hours. Ya gon be screamin when seein this masterpiece.

1 person likes this.
  11. IzakDavid13

Repped for your sportsmanship mate.

I believe that the outside judges should be repped for their hard work...VBG and who's the other one?

Oh, look it's me! Who would've thought...:grin:

;)

1 person likes this.
  12. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

First of all, I would like to thank everybody who cooperated to make this a fun draft and who filled in for me with matchups and such while I was gone. Also thanks to IzakDavid and VBG for their votes.
    Frontcourt
    This is pretty dang close, but IMHO I have to give this to RedNation because Chris Webber was a huuuuuuge beast in his prime. Both well thought out and great fontcourts though. RedNation

BackCourt
    Dang, gotta say that these are some great teams. Thomas is a little better than CP3 as Dumars is also slightly better than Mullin. Then RedNation, also has Tiny on the bench who is an All-Time starting caliber PG, and a great shooter in Dale Ellis. Then Yung-T has alot of D there with Robertson and Paul and maybe Cooper(if you consider him a SG or SF). Slight advantage to RedNation

Bench
    I'm also going to go with RedNation on this one, but it could go either way, I think RedNation wins bench because of Tiny.

Offense
    This one, RedNation's got it.

Defense
    Yung-T all day. My man Michael Cooper!!!

Chemistry[/B
    Tie, I don't really see any promblems anywhere.

Overall
    Close matchups, but RedNation wins the Championship in 7. Congratulations!

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Congratulations to my boi RedN, been a good draft and thanks to all people that spent their time to vote in all matchup threads. Can't wait for the next Draft, brahs.

[​IMG]

14. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

hehe, awesome pic. Congrats to the champ!

15. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

lol nice pic Tizzle