1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hydrochloriquine/Z-Pack/Zinc, savior of America?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ElPigto, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why would we quickly identify and point out the flaws and ultimately fraud in the Surgisphere Lancet study despite it just showing the same results? Because it’s not political. Well all research is political in that the researchers are desperate to succeed. But it’s not political to make a US presidential candidate look bad.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I'm still wondering why the entire world is politicizing HCQ.

DVauthrin, Ubiquitin and RayRay10 like this.
  3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Was there any doubt that this hyperpartisan idiot would do this?

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. IBTL

IBTL Member

This thread is an illustration of the lengths the republican party will go to try to make trump right.

Trump ( as he is prone to do) likes to say outlandish things like the hurricane will go to alabama , nuke the hurricane, inject it with bleach.
    You have enablers that simply wont let him put down the sharpie..
    I want hydroxycloroquine to work. Heck I would rub rubber dog sh*it out of hong kong all over my face if I had the rona and thought it might help..

Then I turn on the tv YESTERDAY and the fauci guy is explaining double blind studies and placebos and says its still hogwash. Why are we still running months old garbage? Its august

Will it do something? Maybe. Grandmas chamomile tea might help too.

Then turn on rush limbaugh nd rush is literally obsessed with it. These repugs will not drop it..

I think they are all after that 'gotcha' moment ( that doesnt seem to be coming) and want to hear that it works so they can own the libs. No other reason..So much so that they look completely bonkers. Think about it..do they want it to work? Or to own the libs?

If it comes out that it does help are we all supposed to drop to knees and auto vote trump?
    A PROVEN medicine doesnt own anyone and if it works and science with it then add it to the list!! Great!

In meantime the repugs look desperate and on a tangent walking around with sharpies in hand (what's new) while 150k dead and still no plan.

Or as trump says 'this is the plan' smh

jiggyfly, RayRay10, NewRoxFan and 4 others like this.
  5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

6. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

This is exactly the same thing as the sharpie. Great post! Or saying Trump has the biggest inauguration crowd of all time. We are being perpetually lied to and it’s pretty low effort as far as effective gas lighting goes.

Don’t let HCQ/AZT not working distract you from Trump and crew’s failed national effort to respond to a pandemic, the wasted months and denialism leading to a hemorrhaging US economy. Who knew MAGA meant erasing all of the GDP gains over the last 10 years?

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A friend of mine made a great statement about Hydroxychloroquine. If you get COVID-19 and you want to take it you should. You should check with your doctor first but you should have the right to do it. What he doesn’t want to see is tax dollars through Medicare, Medicaid etc going to it or any other treatment that hasn’t been thoroughly studied through peer reviews and not just anecdotal evidence.

jiggyfly, RayRay10 and Ubiquitin like this.
  8. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Dr. Immanuel was specifically saying it’s a cure. She was claiming we didn’t need to wear masks because of it.

9. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Also going to add to my previous post. For those claiming Hydroxychloroquine is being censored you can still take it. It is legal but it has to be taken under controlled situation we’ve already had people die from taking it not in a medical setting.

RayRay10 and Ubiquitin like this.
  10. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Don’t worry about HCQ bro, it’s a good drug that saved many lives over the years but it has turned into shiet by the loonies. I like you man, and if you or your family ever got bitten by the rona, Dr Richard Bartlett’s protocol is the way to go. I’ve met the man years ago when I was working in Midlands, excellent physician with great compassion for his patients.

He has had a lot of success treating his patients with the virus using Budesonide as a main drug in his protocol. I have prescribed Budesonide for my asthmatic patients when I was doing internal medicine, well tolerated and safe. If I were to catch the WuhanFlu, I would start his protocol myself.
    https://covidsilverbullet.com/

IBTL likes this.
  11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

it's safer than Tylenol

12. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

What are you basing that on? Would you say it should be available between the counter?

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. generalthade_03

It is available over the counter in a lot of countries Judo.

14. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

A lot of things are available over the counter in other countries doesnt necessarily mean they should be.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. generalthade_03

I’m just letting you know another fact about this incredible, stupendous, marvelous drug that triggered so much back and forth around here.

16. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

It's triggering me because there is so much science denialism out there. I was rooting for HCQ/AZT to be a magic bullet back the early days of 2020 but like others felt it was not appropriate to say it was a cure without more data. That more data came out and it showed no real benefit compared to standard of care.

So I get triggered when people hawk it as if the trials hadn't happened, telling people they should stop worrying and go back to normal because we have a cure. We have sacrificed a lot and it infuriates me when people deny the truth staring at them and are willing to throw it all away. I don't want to have 500,000+ deaths from COVID, 150,000+ is enough already and if we continue at 1K a day we will hit 300,000+ by the end of the year. Even if one of the early candidate vaccines work, we still are not going to have them available for everyone on Day 1.
    I am taking a break from posting here because this last week has really demoralized me, including your posts thade. This pandemic should have been contained by now instead of being blown wide open.

17. IBTL

IBTL Member

Hey im all for trying various things. I just think its amusing how trump said it in passing and now guys like rush are obsessed with making it right.

This reminds me of my father in law. Dude would eat dog sh*it just to prove hes right with his mouth frothing brown. Good stuff.

Repugs are stubborn and won't back down and just yesterday the jordan guy was asking all kinds of leading questions and the fauci guy kept shooting it down.

Its funny the extent to which repugs will latch on to some obscure point.
    Lets assume it does help? Good!
    But thats not the reason any repug is talking it. Its all about owning the libs..
    Its comedy...but creepy in an unsettling weird way

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. generalthade_03

One more thing, HCQ is available over the counter in France for many years and was pulled on Jan 13th of this year and was classified as class 2 dangerous drug where you need a script for it. Fauci was in approval of HCQ to treat COVID SARS 1 back in 2005 and COVID 1 is about 76% similar to this current virus, now he is vehemently against this drug? This thing goes a lot deeper than a lot you trying to tow the line here.

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So, France is out to get Trump too?

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. generalthade_03

I feel your pain bro and I believe you are being sincere. However; you must dig deep and ask many important questions like we have in the medical fields. Something is not right and it’s killing us, if you can put Trump aside and dig really deep, you may find the answer you’re looking for. I’m not here to convince you, I have never done that to anyone about anything. Freedom of choice and beliefs are powerful God’s given rights to us.