1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hydrochloriquine/Z-Pack/Zinc, savior of America?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ElPigto, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Roscoe Arbuckle

False. And I'm tired of the media and Government suppressing this. HCQ has been prescribed in the billions for 65 years. Not only for Malaria cases, but as a preventative measure for people who were traveling to places with high cases of malaria. Hmm. That sounds oddly familiar. It was also given out freely to people for arthritis relief. In fact. Mr awesome guy Fauci came out 15 years ago to support HCQ to prevent Covid-2...

https://www.globalresearch.ca/cover...quine-15-years-ago-cure-coronaviruses/5713659

The first actual study that came out showed it cut deaths in half. (still waiting on the HCQ deniers to show a peer review)

https://www.henryford.com/news/2020/07/hydro-treatment-study

The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons have also shown a peer review showing it works.

https://arizonadailyindependent.com...iJAxsAK7lgPYuUwQVf5fRA9nDtAb6BNu93hdd2HM-fee8

Actual peer review:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1545C_dJWMIAgqeLEsfo2U8Kq5WprDuARXrJl6N1aDjY/edit

Just today this came out from Baylor Cardiologists.

https://thetexan.news/baylor-cardio...Aw_rahwlf2s5Llb91sT6WU-Wx1e4ZG5NztUQrj0HLSJbU

I know how much fun it is to mock all of this, but y'all are the ones panicking over this whole thing.

You either want it to end or you don't.

generalthade_03 and B@ffled like this.
  2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Roscoe Arbuckle I appreciate your enthusiasm but you’re being misguided by your sources.

The Henry Ford trial is a retrospective trial and it was overshadowed by prospective randomized controller trials which showed no benefit.

You are right in a sense that HCQ and AZT are overall safe medicines, but when you have adverse effects and no clinical benefit then on the grand scheme they’re harmful. When you are using these medications appropriately, the medications are not harmful compared to the benefits.

The AAPS is a weird libertarian/right wing response to the mainstream medical boards (which have issues of their own). They have an agenda to push, and being in consensus with the evidence is not apart of that consensus.
    https://respectfulinsolence.com/202...association-promotes-covid-19-disinformation/

Your google link has articles until April 2020. We have had several major trials published investigating HCQ/AZT and COVID-19 which did not reproduce or support the observationally reported data. And don’t worry that it may work in lab but not in patients. We have lots of treatments that should work based on both the science and preliminary but still don’t in actual patients.

Finally unless I am misreading, it’s two cardiologists and not any statement from BCM which would carry more weight. Frankly, we can prescribe medicines off label and there is no reason these two doctors can’t practice what they preach. But they’re cardiologists and they should not be involved in the routine diagnosing or treatment of patients with COVID-19 pneumonia. COVID related heart inflammation maybe, but not the typical presentation.

Finally, I think it’s a sad state of civics when you and others like yourself think that this is a coverup or something else sinister.

I am not going to engage more on this with you. But unless there is an RCT showing benefit of zinc plus HCQ/AZT; this is just a rehash of an already answered clinical question.

please excuse any typos; I used my phone.

3. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Watch this before the enemies of America are going to take it down. I’ve stated in my past posts already but it’s worth repeating. I myself have taken HCQ plenty of times in the past for my medical missions. A well known proven drug with a good safety records is being demonized and politicized to death just because Mr Trump dared to mention it. This drug is not the be-all and end-all against this virus, but at least, it’s another tool in the toolbox to fight this WuhanFlu.

There are doctors out there that actually doing something about this virus. I’ve met Dr Bartlett while working in Midland years ago, an outstanding physician that cares deeply for his patients. Here is his treatment on the virus. If I were to catch the WuhanFlu, I would not hesitate to try his protocol from the beginning instead of waiting around until you get really, really sick.

https://covidsilverbullet.com/

https://www.cbs7.com/2020/07/28/dr-bartlett-discusses-covid-cure-with-midland-county-leaders/

4. lpbman

lpbman Member

??

What does the effectiveness of treatment have to do with the spread of a pandemic? Even if I grant your assertion that HCQ works as well you say, how does that help slow the spread?

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This pretty much was what I was going to respond to. Regarding the cardiac risk of Hydroxychloroquine.
    https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safe...oroquine-covid-19-outside-hospital-setting-or
    FDA cautions against use of hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine for COVID-19 outside of the hospital setting or a clinical trial due to risk of heart rhythm problems
    Does not affect FDA-approved uses for malaria, lupus, and rheumatoid arthritis

"June 15, 2020 Update: Based on ongoing analysis and emerging scientific data, FDA has revoked the emergency use authorization (EUA) to use hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine to treat COVID-19 in certain hospitalized patients when a clinical trial is unavailable or participation is not feasible. We made this determination based on recent results from a large, randomized clinical trial in hospitalized patients that found these medicines showed no benefit for decreasing the likelihood of death or speeding recovery. This outcome was consistent with other new data, including those showing the suggested dosing for these medicines are unlikely to kill or inhibit the virus that causes COVID-19. As a result, we determined that the legal criteria for the EUA are no longer met. Please refer to the Revocation of the EUA Letter and FAQs on the Revocation of the EUA for Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate and Chloroquine Phosphate for more information."

Every drug has side effects. Aspirin has side effects. If you have problems clotting aspirin isn't recommended because it inhibits blood clots. Hydroxychloroquine is a proven treatment for malaria and lupus. At best for COVID-19 it's an early treatment that could relieve some of the symptoms. Given that risk have to weigh it against the the cardiac risk.

Further even if Hydroxychloroquine proves effective as a treatment it won't end the disease. It's not a cure.

RayRay10 and DVauthrin like this.
  6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

UCLA is an enemy of America? LOL

and I assume you have a doctors prescription when you took HCQ right?

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Amazes me that trump supporters are still arguing this...

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I know a NURSE who supports this. Because - TRUMP! Lulz.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Well, that's that then

RayRay10 and KingCheetah like this.
  10. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

It's NOT a cure. I understand it to be an effective treatment when used in low doses along with zinc and whateveritscalled. The data shows it to be effective when using it early, particularly prior to hospitalization. I'd most certainly ask my doctor even if I had to sign a waiver. Why wouldn't you want to give yourself (and others) a better chance against the virus? And as many that try to debunk it, there seems to be just as many professionals putting their a$$es on the line by saying they believe it's effective and administer it. What's wrong is the censorship of these doctors speaking out. Even the one who believes in demon seed. If there's one ounce of validity, the people who are censoring it have blood on their hand as far as I'm concerned and yeah, there's plenty to go around. Wonder if there wasn't an election coming if there would this type of censorship?

Is this level of censorship is ok? Is this part of the progressive vision? Or is not objecting to it a means to an end? The left is giving up that liberty on behalf of the nation and have no idea that it's being done or why. It would be cool if someone with clout on the left spoke out about censorship. I think ALL of America would appreciate it. We'll handle the 2A rights. We need help with the 1A.

11. generalthade_03

https://publichealth.yale.edu/news-article/26218/

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/932262

The enemies of America are too numerous to mention, but the end results are the same for Americans if we do not fight back.

As a former physician I can self-prescribe most medications except for the control substances. I don’t normally self-prescribed because I’m more into natural health than prescription drugs, and also it’s kind of frowned upon by our colleagues even though it is legal for us to do so, I only take prescription meds only on rare occasions. HCQ was prescribed to me by the medical director on those medical missions.

#191 generalthade_03, Aug 1, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  12. generalthade_03

That is the point I’ve made about HCQ. The left is trying to silence us. Why are you loonies creating controversy when there isn’t any?

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Intel?

What?

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Unless you’re maintaining a medical license, you shouldn’t be trying to prescribe anything. I assume you need to get a license as a podiatrist though which gives you all the prescribing perks of any other medical license.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

All of those links are from April and other more thorough reviews have come to other conclusions.

The Baylor report has not come out yet and even those doctors are saying it "may" have benefits.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

The data is the arbiter. This was not political. Anecdotal evidence said it worked, science was there, so they did the studies. It didn’t work.

Stop doubling down on this. If it worked we would use it. If we wanted to cause people to die, we would say don’t wear a mask, don’t bother distancing, and actively spread this to everyone. Instead people keeping holding onto any false hope thinking there is a grand conspiracy.

DVauthrin and RayRay10 like this.
  17. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

If it makes you less grumpy about it happening at the end of this presidential term, COVID will still be here when Biden wins and it will be just as awful. This pandemic isn’t going anywhere.

18. generalthade_03

Still have my license my man, I retired from my practice but still do consulting works.

19. generalthade_03

That is a bunch of BS and you know it. I’ve been practicing medicine for over 20 years and have seen plenty of politics in medicine but nowhere near the level of craziness with this drug. Remove Trump from the equation with Obama and you will have a completely different reporting from the fake news. For the last time, HCQ is just one of the tools in the toolbox to fight this virus, there are protocols out there that can treat this in the early stage like the one with Budesonide protocol by Dr Richard Bartlett. However; you can believe whatever the crap the fake news media is feeding you about HCQ.

Roscoe Arbuckle likes this.
  20. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

I linked the trials earlier in this thread. Including the bogus Surgisphere one.

Why would University of Minnesota, McGill, University of Manitoba and University of Alberta lie about their RCT Results (NCT04308668, published in Annals of Internal Medicine Jul 16 and NEJM Jun 3)? Why even do the study if you didn’t think it was worth researching?

Why would the Coalition Covid-19 Brazil I Investigators lie (published NEJM Jul 23)?

There are 116 more trials registered with 213 done. If this is political why bother with any of these? Neither researchers nor physicians are a monolithic political block.