1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A well-regulated Melisha

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Buck Turgidson

Those 2 are the exact NRA dumbasses who will end up killing people unintentionally..."look we saved our house".

Pointing them at each other? And at other people? Dumb b**** has her finger on the trigger? Good times.

Deckard, DVauthrin, CometsWin and 2 others like this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

I don't think you could hit the broad side of a barn without an AR. You're just one of those guys.

3. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/white-...lt-threatened-but-support-black-lives-matter/

"It was like the storming of the Bastille, the gate came down and a large crowd of angry, aggressive people poured through," Mark McCloskey said. "I was terrified that we'd be murdered within seconds. Our house would be burned down, our pets would be killed."
    It's always strange the words that people use in these situations...the "Storming of the Bastille"...I get that he wants to sound educated by using a reference like that, but does he know what the Bastille was?

http://www.bl.uk/learning/timeline/... July 1789, a,in the Revolution that followed.

On 14 July 1789, a state prison on the east side of Paris, known as the Bastille, was attacked by an angry and aggressive mob. The prison had become a symbol of the monarchy’s dictatorial rule, and the event became one of the defining moments in the Revolution that followed. This article reporting the events of 14 July was published in an English newspaper called The World, a few days after the event took place. A medieval fortress, the Bastille’s eight 30-metre-high towers, dominated the Parisian skyline. When the prison was attacked it actually held only seven prisoners, but the mob had not gathered for them: it had come to demand the huge ammunition stores held within the prison walls. When the prison governor refused to comply, the mob charged and, after a violent battle, eventually took hold of the building. The governor was seized and killed, his head carried round the streets on a spike. The storming of the Bastille symbolically marked the beginning of the French Revolution, in which the monarchy was overthrown and a republic set up based on the ideas of ‘Liberté, égalité, fraternité’ (the French for liberty, equality and brotherhood). In France, the ‘storming of the Bastille’ is still celebrated each year by a national holiday.
    Guy, you're the one that's "defending the Bastille."

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I know whenever I see a large number of black people walk past my house I get scared and reach for my AK-47s. But I built a heavily fortified pill box in front of my palatial mansion so I can threaten passerbys in safety.

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Nevermind on the trigger discipline... safety off -- fingernails need a manicure.

Did they switch weapons/ clothes -- is this her hand?

RayRay10 and NewRoxFan like this.
  6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

There is income and totally normal middle class neighborhoods with all kind of races of people.

Just because there are people living in opulence like this couple doesn't mean the rest of the country is suffering

Income disparity in 1900 was different.

7. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I could not only do it but can do it looking right and shooting left , js tbh

8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

10. Rashmon

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

How many mansions burned down that day? How many murders? Please advise.

NewRoxFan, ROXTXIA and RayRay10 like this.
  12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, the mansions and murders would have occurred if not for the good Kens and Karens of the world, amiright?

A whole new meaning to "get off my lawn!"

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

He's not even talking to the interviewer. He's talking to the prosecutor, drawing up a nice bit of defense testimony. Terrorists! A revolution!

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

After seeing this part of the video I think they were right to go all Rambo on them. Those protesters had no business going that far.

15. Rashmon

They got the guns but we got the numbers...
    Gonna win yeah we're taking over...
    Come on

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I don't blame the homeowners for having weapons drawn, but they did make a tactical error. They've got a mansion that they can barricade behind with a wide balcony for the high ground. Standing on their lawn leaves them vulnerable with no cover and a poor escape route.

NewRoxFan and RayRay10 like this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

I wonder how much money he spend restoring that. Maybe some of that money should have been spent on the people living in slums only a football field away from the mansion.

It is like people live in a fantasy land. What do people think happens when you have massive income inequality in such close quarters. I suppose the next step will be buying barbed wire fences and a security detail like they did in South Africa and Venezuela.... but that won't work for too long either.

RayRay10 and Rashmon like this.
  18. Rashmon

They would have been better suited providing water to the protesters. Or some caviar...

NewRoxFan and RayRay10 like this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

Virtually every prominent trial attorney in a Democrat.

Rather than improving the protection of their mansion, or hiring security, society needs to address income inequality. There will always be some inequality, but less than a football field distance from that home are decaying slums. Incredibly 40% of the children in St. Louis live in poverty.

It isn't good for anyone..... it gets much worse and everyone loses because extreme violence on both sides will happen.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not that it matters, but Missouri has been a hard red state this century.

At a Cardinals game at Bush Stadium, a guy literally told me, a complete stranger, during a game that the problem with the stadium was they let too many n*****s in, like he was telling me the weather was nice. That is Missouri.

vlaurelio, RayRay10 and Nook like this.