1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Official] Joe 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Apr 25, 2019.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

But it wasn’t our only choice. We voters had too many choices over the summer and fall to choose from and that led to just going with the guy with the greatest name recognition, goodwill, and credibility of all 20+ choices.

I chose Biden myself on Super Tuesday because it was a calculated risk. Will it pay off... I don’t know. Biden gaffs are built into the risk assumptions though with voters.

But this idea that we don’t have enough choices is crazy. The problem is probably that we had too many choices and smart leaders should have worked better with each other to help convince people to rally around a better candidate during the process.

However it does look like we are probably going to be getting a really good vp standing next to Biden that’ll be someone we can be much more confident in to say smart intelligent things and be more proud of. Biden would be smart to make that announcement sooner rather than later and announce a cabinet top starting with Samantha Powers as Secretary of State.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I agree with you, in large part, I'm just upset with the whole primary process. Because of where I live, I essentially have no say in who the candidate is.

I just don't know how the American people can fail so hard two elections in a row when it comes to Repubs AND Democrats. Makes me question my fellow voters.

RayRay10 and dobro1229 like this.
  3. dobro1229

Trust me I question myself. I first supported and donated to Warren. My wife was all about Bernie. I flip flopped around candidates all summer and fall and ultimately felt like Biden had the best set of policy positions to appeal to enough people that Bernie did not. I felt he had the goodwill too that could last through a rigorous election period that someone like Mayor Pete might not be able to take.

But yeah... I’ll own up to being one of those voters. There’s a lot of us that wonder why with so many options why it ended up with Biden. To be fair though, I think Biden is a fair choice although we can certainly question it... looking back it’s inexcusable that Bernie and Hillary were our only two choices in 2016. I feel like if even Warren was on that debate stage with Hillary she would have been able to “Bloomberg” her in a way that exposes how truly unpopular she would be in a general election. Even Tulsi Gabbard, as annoying as she was, really did well to test other nominees in a way that helped show how they would fair against Trumper talking points.

But yes... I deserve and welcome the criticism in the candidate selection process for sure.

RayRay10 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Lost in the “YOU AINT BLACK” Friday was Biden’s bold faced lie that the NAACP has endorsed him every time. They’ve actually never endorsed him, according to their press release this morning. Fact check.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Yep... we should applaud the NAACP for speaking out and making their position clear

https://www.naacp.org/latest/naacp-blast-trumps-state-union-false-dangerous-narrative/

https://www.naacp.org/latest/naacp-condemns-senate-vote-donald-trump-impeachment/

AleksandarN, jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  6. bigtexxx

I must have touched a nerve (truth typically does that) with bobrek. He completely dodged Biden’s lie.

7. Nook

Nook Member

This is part of who Joe Biden the candidate is.

He will make gaffes and at times stick his shoe in his mouth when he isn’t properly focused or prepared.

He also has a line of positive traits as well.

He is fortunate to be running against a monster, but he needs to stay focused if he wants to win.

Yesterday was a mixed bag for Biden. It also came out that Tara Reade has been lying about who she is again. She lied about her degree, she lied about being a professor for years. She lied about her basic credentials when testifying as an expert witness under oath. Most likely multiple defendants in domestic violence cases will be able to appeal their cases now. Ms. Reade will likely be facing criminal charges for lying under oath resulting in convictions. Her prominent attorney has dropped her now and she is shopping for another one. This all comes after a trail of people coming forward in the last 10 days claiming she lied and conned them.

8. dobro1229

I find it odd that as someone who is pretty tuned in I still didn’t see anything in the MSM about the Tara Reid news. Wall to wall coverage of two other things though... Trumps press conference and Biden’s you ain’t black comment.

Just let that be a wake up call that the so-called “liberal media” will do Biden no favors this fall.

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  9. bigtexxx

Also not to be lost in Joe’s “YOU AINT BLACK” Friday was his use of the word ain’t. He clearly used it to try to fit in with Charlemagne da God and his audience. It’s demeaning and talking down to the black audience.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

You're the kid that tattled on other kids when you thought they were doing something wrong in school, huh?

Seems like a lot of Trump supporters are that way the last day or so....

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Biden could say stuff like this once a week and he still wouldn’t get replaced. You know that infuriates Trump and his fans who have really been amping up their trolling lately in hopes that he will.

AleksandarN, Ottomaton and RayRay10 like this.
  12. bigtexxx

most republicans don’t want Biden replaced. He’s a buffoon who has lost significant cognitive ability and a very weak candidate.

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

How so? I agreed with you that The NAACP was right in speaking the truth. (Also...i won't be voting for Biden or Trump)

ETA.... and my first word in response to your post was literally "yep"... you know....a word of agreement...

Ottomaton likes this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You don't clap back at the nominee for President of the U.S. and expect for any other politicians to do your show, I mean we are talking about the host of the freakin Breakfast Club.

Charlemagne is no dummy and he handled himself well but he knows how to read the room and is not trying to score cheap point.

Reeko, Invisible Fan and RayRay10 like this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The MSM would look like they are piling on and victim shaming if they reported all of the Reade stuff that has come out.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

#beWell Tara Reid

2 half serious = 1 Full serious, right?

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  17. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

4 years of the left criticizing (rightfully so) Trump supporters for defending his ignorant actions.

...but Biden is ok. Trump says worse things.

When did we reach this low in politics where Trump is the bar of acceptability.

18. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When Trump became acceptable as the President to the majority of American voters.

#1998 Ottomaton, May 23, 2020
    Last edited: May 23, 2020
  19. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Ah yes, this aggravating “new” low of comparing a candidate to the person he’s running against to show why he’s a better alternative.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He got in because voters in those critical November swing states supported him in the primaries. Most Dem candidates in the field can't vouch for that strength. Amy spoke to middle America but didn't appeal to them. Pete is too new and too untrusted.

He was on life support early on so it wasn't bigly forced as it was with Hillary.

Credit Trump the school girl for calling him sleepy, but he's authentic enough to appeal to Pennsylvania types. That might be all that matters barring a last minute progressive purity Purge.

A lot a Trump's exclusive voters run on fear and desperation. If Biden can at least acknowledge them, that's half off Trump's energy.

I'm not sure how he's going to unite the progressives. Wheels are falling off in America and dams be breaking. Paying due bills is neither sexy nor popular with the American people

#2000 Invisible Fan, May 23, 2020
    Last edited: May 23, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.