1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Laughingstocks of the NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Feb 6, 2020.

1. SS0101

SS0101 Member

While I would say this has a lot of truth to it, I would counter by saying the playing field has leveled in the league in terms of star power. We will not face a team with a trio of super stars or an entire starting lineup of all-star to super star level players. This year more than any other year in a VERY long time will be "our 2 super stars and role players against your 2 super stars and role players." Because of that, this gimmick just might have a chance at working.

burlesk, Patience, noppeper and 4 others like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

certainly didn't die for GS. and if you really pay attention more and more teams have adopted to playing small ball when they otherwise didn't much and having to go to that option if need be.

old heads have a real problem adapting to the modern changes in this game. mostly bc they don't allow themselves to see it based on being too stubborn

3. Handles

Handles Member

Rockets proceed to win a series - "yo but they can't win another round" and "not going to win a championship with midgets"

Gotta keep moving those goal posts until they're right. Then it's "lol told you all along"

Richie_Rich, D-rock, burlesk and 13 others like this.
  4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

If you would have told me before the start of the game that Harden was gonna shoot 3/10 and only put up 17 points , I'd have said they would lose by 20 .... but all that doubling of Harden did was open it up for Westbrook to go nuts.

He played like an MVP tonight and if he continues that type of shot selection teams will continue to pay a heavy price for doubling Harden.
    The keys to this working is Westbrook's shot selection , limiting those mid range shots and 3's and the rest of the team hitting a decent percentage from 3.

Go ahead and double Harden , Westbrook is getting layups ....

MDA is either a mad genius or crazy .... so far he's looking like a genius.

D-rock, burlesk, Patience and 6 others like this.
  5. malakas

malakas Member

Why so defensive??
    You must be blind to not see how this whole deal is indeed funny af.

I think it is great that we are the laughingstock.

The jokes are for once, genuinely hillarious and it is better to be treated with humour than the malicious biased critisism that we were treated before.

I laughed a lot from both all the jokes on social media and by just watching the team play at some points.
    It was mindblogging and hillarious.

Any basketball fan would find what is going on with the Rockets funny whether it works or not.

6. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

AND...that was night 2 of a back-to-back in high altitude

BamBam and diehardrockets like this.
  7. Possum

Possum Member

durants height was a non factor. He mostly played on the outside. So your point is mute

D-rock likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

9. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Seriously, I don't want to give the Rockets too much credit by saying we've recreated their death lineup, but this idea that the Rockets are maniacally going into uncharted terrain is not true. They called that lineup the death lineup for a reason.

burlesk likes this.
  10. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

I'm glad that the TNT Idiots put themselves out there like that. It was fun watching how sad they all looked afterwards as they realized that the Rockets just exposed their idiocy for the world to see.

Richie_Rich, D-rock, burlesk and 2 others like this.
  11. oelman44

oelman44 Member

The difference between pre-game and post-game rhetoric was hilarious... went from 'how could this possibly work' to 'how can other teams stop this'. And the grand idea they throw out is let Harden and Westbrook 'get theirs' and d up the rest of the team... yeah, good luck with that.

Richie_Rich, D-rock, burlesk and 6 others like this.
  12. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

I can’t see it working in the playoffs, but damnit I’m gonna root like hell for it to work

and we still HAVE TO get a big just in case

Sajan likes this.
  13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yall mad because people are.... calling it like it is, though? Sigh.

I get it. Cat is an apologist. Seen it enough times already.

14. Remlap

Remlap Member

All of you losers who piled on this thread at the beginning got OWNED

[​IMG]

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

im actually laughing at them tbh

16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Durant, Green, and Iggy gave Capela fits when they rotated on to him when Capela was down low. That's why he was so ineffective against the Warriors.

burlesk and Possum like this.
  17. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Well yeah ok you got me there, but Durant isn't really a centre and refuses to be listed as 7ft. :)

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Could it be that no one can predict how each team will fare in the playoffs on February 6th???

burlesk likes this.
  19. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Can I ask Steph Curry instead?

Richie_Rich, Deuce and topfive like this.
  20. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

The one game thing is hilarious to me. It’s already been 4 and we are 4-0. They all watched it on national tv vs Zion or was everyone just too busy watching Zion to notice the Rockets were playing small ball.

burlesk likes this.