1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons "seriously injured" in car crash

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Josh Smith, Jan 20, 2020.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Hoping a lot of this is just lawyer speak and that the brain damage wasn't serious.

2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Taking this stance is ridiculous, but I get it some of you guys don't have any sort of sympathy.

DreamShook and YOLO like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Well he is one of the bigger idiots on the board

4. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I wish Parsons a speedy recovery and back to before this accident. This is about money, money from Atlanta Hawks. When lawyers speak for you, besides criminal cases, it is about money. The Hawks most likely want to void the remaining years. I think his contract probably didn't have an paid injury clause. Sad to see another Rockets home grown hanging it up.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

two posts too soon, but appreciate the sentiment.

hakeem94, Yung-T, DreamShook and 2 others like this.
  6. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

1. He's going to get the cap on the other driver's insurance, plus the other driver might have deep pockets, who knows.
    2. It is possible he's insured himself from catastrophic injury, and will collect on his own insurance.
    3. It is possible the team has insurance on him, and may or may not collect with this information.
    4. He has to protect his contract dollars, and having the accident be the result of criminal negligence from another party (and not his own fault) may protect his NBA contract money.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  7. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

Sucks. Hope he can live a somewhat normal life

8. magichat281

magichat281 Member

That is really horrible but you know i believe in Karma. All those people he ripped off robbed and conned.

9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

It seems I have a follower....

YOLOL at it again. Dont you have a wall to argue against?

Does my sig of your own dumbassery make you a wee bit mad?

10. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

you hit the nail on the head. I'm guessing that he was in the course and scope of employment for a large corporation. Also, herniated disc, labrum tear, and concussion is not career ending, so this could be them posturing to get his UM/UIM to pay the million+ that he likely has on it. I've done this for an ex D league client of mine. The word potential is a strong word.

hakeem94 and Gray_Jay like this.
  11. gotsis

gotsis Member

He was a douche at times, but come on, it's not like he did anything extremely bad and the mistake of giving out the huge contracts are on the teams that did that, not him.

Can't believe people actually think this is deserved karma, talk about the irony of stating that and then calling him a douche.

oelman44, Williamson, Tfor3 and 2 others like this.
  12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

The guy is a manipulator of people for his own benefit. He messed with peoples lives and money with that crook agent of his. The guy screams douche in his everday interactions. Im a pretty big believer in karma and if he deserved it or not wouldnt be up to me. Its for the cosmos. I can be considered a lot of things, douche is not one of them. *******, maybe, but definitely not a douche.

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I mean... a bunch of us are really holding back on the jokes until we know he's okay. (fingers crossed, for multiple reasons)

hakeem94, AroundTheWorld and napalm06 like this.
  14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I hope Chandler’s injuries aren’t as serious as reported and he makes a full recovery. As someone who is still dealing with the consequences of a fellow running a red light several years ago because he was, “in a hurry to get to Target,” (a quote), the offending driver doesn’t have to be drunk to be stupid. The injuries don’t always become apparent soon after the accident, either. Best of luck, Mr Parsons.

Tfor3, DaDakota, Patience and 3 others like this.
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

After reading this, Hawks make it seem like Parsons will be just fine. Hawks wouldn't down play a severe injury afer a DUI car crash would they? I don't think they would.

BallSoHarden and malakas like this.
  16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Interesting if there are discrepancies between the Hawks' injury/medical report and verbiage used in his lawyers' lawsuit. It would look bad, I would think, if he only had a concussion but the lawyers made it out to be life threatening.

17. JackLordsHair66

Yeah very odd that the Hawks description of injuries seems so glaringly understated compared to the lawyers press release... Something smells funny here. Regardless, wish Parsons well no one deserves that kind of stress brought into their lives thanks to someone else' negligence !

Jayzers_100 and B-Bob like this.
  18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wow a drunk driver at 2pm? This person has to be locked up for life.
    this is sad I hope Parsons gets well.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

delete.

#39 DreamShook, Jan 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why would his lawyers say his injuries probably less severe ?

You got to be worst poster here Lin fan
    @Reeko

Os Trigonum likes this.