1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons "seriously injured" in car crash

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Josh Smith, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Josh Smith

Josh Smith Member

whoa, hope he's okay

"Last week, Parsons' vehicle was struck by a drunk driver, and the incident resulted in "multiple severe and permanent injuries, including a traumatic brain injury, disc herniation and torn labrum," according to a statement from the law firm Parsons has retained for the case."

Vivi likes this.
  2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

That's horrible. Kind of surprised there was less news about the wreck. Wish him the best for long-term health (his fading NBA career aside).

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

This is very unfortunate.

Drinking and driving at 2 PM on a Wednesday? How dare u endanger the lives of others because of your recklessness. We gotta get people like this up outta here. Throw that idiot underneath the jail. 15 years for being guilty of stupidity, and then tack on the rest of the charges.

getting hit by some moron who’s driving under the influence is 1 of my biggest fears because my life could be ended or significantly ruined via something I have no control over

4. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

Very sad , the fact that people still driving when drunk ,in Uber or Lift age, is beyond my understanding.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Damn, man. This is pretty awful.

roslolian, Tfor3 and Patience like this.
  6. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

That's a bummer...

7. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Incredibly sad news.

The extent of his injuries are relatively vague at this juncture, but I hope he’s able to make a full recovery to live a normal life outside of basketball.

Get well, Chandler.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Horrific story I too am surprised that more details weren't reported last week when it happened. I will say this though, the lawyer is trying to create a case against the drunk driver therefore that press release has a tinge of sensationalism in it.

BallSoHarden, ak99999 and B-Bob like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

damn that's terrible

10. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

I'm not sure why the plaintiffs firm would go to that much trouble, absent the driver working for a really deep pocket. Most people are going to be judgment-proof, beyond the value of their insurance policy. If Parsons is as busted up as it sounds, his care and damages are going to go right up to the cap of that policy anyway, so why spend further time demonizing in the media that worthless POS drunk driver? 2PM and drunk? Smh.

How horrible for Parsons and his family. Let's all take great care out there to pay attention, and do our best to see that something like that doesn't happen to us.

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

brain trauma, oh my goodness.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This update from Hawks was 5 days ago.

DreamShook and B-Bob like this.
  13. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Whoa...that's terrible. Hope the brain trauma wasn't one of the permanent injuries.

roslolian likes this.
  14. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Dude just had a concussion, he'll be aight.

15. omgTHEpotential

Nice to see fellow Clutchfans staying classy and being able to separate basketball from the real world. All of you in this thread have my respect.

amaru, naldodiaz, dreamshakin and 9 others like this.
  16. gotsis

gotsis Member

Sucks. Dude can't catch a break. Hope for a speedy recovery and that it doesn't have any further damages that will affect daily life, since he already was virtually retired from the NBA.

17. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Cant catch a break? That contract hes sitting on seems to be a pretty big break. Man screw this dood. I understand the sympathy for human life but maybe karmas catching up to this douche for all the shitty things hes done...?

csj, fba34, Sadboy and 1 other person like this.
  18. JW86

JW86 Member

He’s been going downhill ever since leaving the Rockets, should be a lesson in humility. However, this is awful and something you don’t wish on anyone. It’s probably less severe than his lawyer’s is making it out to be, but speedy recovery nonetheless!

19. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

The other dude was drunk driving at 2pm...

[​IMG]

That should be life in prison.

No ifs and buts.

Dont care about your sob story etc etc.