1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lack of Fan Interest in the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I was at a bar and they had the UFC on. I was like can you put one of the TVs on the rockets game and they were like no you have to look at it on the side tv. This was the preliminary fights not the main event. At the gym they never seem to have the rockets on. If the Texans are every TV is on the game. Even the Astros get their games shown.

I don't know if there is no fan interest because they don't show the game, or people don't care and they don't show the game.

2. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

I didn’t even watch the game last night, so there’s that.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Was at work, they had the fight on. Probably better that way

Mr. Turbo and Highlyrated like this.
  4. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

then get your ass off the fan page

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

i mean... who wants to watch the refs play anyway? don't blame them at all

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This core is rotten. I wanted to see a rebuild last season.

I’d enjoy watching Memphis over Harden chucking for 50 every night

7. JW86

JW86 Member

Makes sense, everyone knows we're not winning anything with 5/6 legit basketball players on the team.

hou$tonScrew$tonTX and J Sizzle like this.
  8. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

They're probably waiting for the players to care first, before they do.

Ramo$e, Highlyrated, JimmyB and 9 others like this.
  9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

In a week where the city of Houston needed a pick me up the Rockets went 0-3.

They got what they deserved.

I'll never stop watching the Rockets as long as I am able but this city doesn't care about the regular season. We have become Atlanta-esque in the way the stadium needs to reinvent itself to revitalize the interests of the customer.

Ramo$e, kdchilds, GotGame15 and 8 others like this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

I know you're not talking about Toyota Center & attendance but this is a dead horse.

Toyota Center will never mistaken for having home court advantage
    Toyota Center is never going to full
    Toyota Center is never going to be loud
    and people can make all the excuses they want.
    It's the location of Toyota Center, it's the traffic, it's the start time, it's the ticket prices, but but but they're using this ticket option (instead of previously flash seats??), blahblahblah all the excuses in the world...
    Sports radio doesn't talk Rockets
    Gym/Bar owners don't want to show the Rockets

Houston just isn't that into the Rockets.

[​IMG]

J Sizzle, bmelo, B-Bob and 4 others like this.
  11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I'm not sure why, but the team hasn't connected with fans in a long time.

This also seems to be the worst team we've had since Dwight was here. I personally feel less invested then I have been in a while because this budget roster is really tough to watch unless Harden is in god mode.

12. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I chose the pre lims over last night too lol. You know what you get with Houston this year. Can't fault people for watching the fights.

Sajan likes this.
  13. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Trash team with no future to look forwards to. Don’t blame anyone for not watching.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I've been asking bartenders to switch it to the Rockets' game for over a decade. Nothing new.

15. Newlin

Newlin Member

I purchased my own tv. I watch whatever I want. Last night in the 4th quarter of the Rockets game I changed the channel. Sometimes the Rockets just aren’t entertaining.

16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Most people I know don't care about the Rockets. It's why I am here always arguing with you bros lol. otherwise I'd be on an island by myself.

17. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I’m soured because the owner is wasting prime Harden. Not enough assets to make a deal, but really boils down to TF not willing to do what it takes to make championship moves.

There is a reason Harden is playing poorly. I have a bad feeling that this thing is going to get much worse.

I will always be a fan through good and bad times, but when you know they (ownership) aren’t trying to win it sucks.

18. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

You just like to b**** about everything. That's just your thing. You probably complain about your boyfriend's dick size when you're out at brunch.

19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

My viewership has declined in the last couple of years. Its the same ol Rockets. Build up a lead-lose the lead, play down to competition, Harden goes off-nobody else does, Harden doesnt go off-the anthony doesnt how to adjust. Lame duck coach, lame duck philosophy. Getting tired of the cycled outcome.

Scarface281, GotGame15, Sajan and 7 others like this.
  20. smp

smp Member

Same here. Everyone I know watches the NFL. Nobody watches the NBA. I have several friends from LA, Seattle, and New Orleans and it’s the same thing. They only follow their hometown NFL teams. They don’t give a crap about the NBA unless it’s the playoffs.

I also realize I’m part of the problem here though. I used to have season tickets and I let them go. Then I would go to several games a year. Now I never go but watch on TV instead. Last night I chose dinner with friends and then the McGreggor fight over the Rockets.

I don’t know man. I guess I’m just losing interest a bit. There’s something about the game with all the 3’s, no post up offense, and no defense that is becoming boring. Ticket prices are too high for the entertainment value yet somehow the seats are sold but empty.

The Rockets desperately need a championship or at least a trip to the finals to become relevant in Houston. 1995 was a long time ago and the love for the Rockets in this city has been fading from that point.

GotGame15, Rokman and ElPigto like this.