1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Mike D'Antoni

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BaiHua, May 10, 2019.

1. Zergling

Zergling Member

When McLemore hit a three to cut the lead down to 5, the Rockets gave up open corner 3s on consecutive possessions. The first was McLemore leaving hus guy open and then Tucker left his guy open.

Just dumb, low IQ basketball. This team isn't bright and is very poorly coached.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clear evidence is that Portland got some goodness out of Melo and we got nothing out of him

roslolian and LabMouse like this.
  3. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I honestly think they are confused. P.j is a much better defender than that. This is a habit that has been trending with him

4. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

With Tucker's decreased production, I'm shocked they haven't load managed/given him a game off here and there. Relatively speaking, he's ancient, and plays very heavy minutes. The guy has to be exhausted at times- they really should be resting him occasionally in hopes of keeping him fresher.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

99% chance he's gone at the end of the season.

I don't think it would be wise to fire him now without a succession plan.

LabMouse and Sajan like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Thank God none of you make any life or death decisions.

Knee jerk reactors calling for all heads to roll but no plan in place to do better.

Grass is not always greener on other side, most times it is much much worse.

hakeem94, napalm06 and HP3 like this.
  7. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I think melo is getting more out of himself more so that any other team. He flamed out in OKC too. I think not having any team interested in him for a year caused the attitude change.

TimDuncanDonaut, napalm06 and D-rock like this.
  8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

D-rock likes this.
  9. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Depends on the organization. You do not really die.

25 years without title, there is little heat.

With the Lakers, 5 years without title, fans are getting uneasy.

30 years without title in Milwaukee, nobody cares much.

The Knicks fans always feeling shetty.

#690 daywalker02, Jan 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    hakeem94 likes this.
  11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I have little doubt in my mind that the group of posters who go the hardest at MDA could be given the opportunity to choose any free agent coach of their liking and then within a year or two would be going just as hard at them as they did at MDA.

Some people live to complain. Especially when the arguments surrounding how good or bad a coach performs are so hard to technically prove one way or the other. And there is always the coaching haters trump card of saying “we will never win a title with this coach” when in reality that’s a good bet to make on ANY coach in the NBA. Makes it hard to truly prove someone wrong when they dig their heels in the sand about a certain coach.

HP3, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Firing a coach can turn out good or bad, depends on multiple factors and you can't really predict what's going to happen if Mike get's canned, but i don't think he'll, we'll ride this season with him and then Tilman will sign another coach in the summer, that's what i expect at least.

And we'll see who he signs and how that goes, personally, i'm not a fan of Mike so, i'm intrigued by a possible change, but i also don't see all these better coaches available out there, especially for Harden and Westbrook, cause i think a guy like Stan Van Gundy for example, is a better coach then Mike, but in terms of personality i highly doubt he would work with Harden and Westbrook so, my guess is eventually it'll be another players coach or a young guy.
    Patrick as a coach/gm :eek::D

LabMouse likes this.
  13. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

The problem for current head coach Mike, you have to give him for new contract if you do not let him go after this year. How long do you want to keep him for a head coach position? Mike fans, let us know. It is not your money to keep him, but it is the owner money.

14. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Just keep him longer than the Texans keep O'Brien.

LabMouse likes this.
  15. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

LabMouse likes this.
  16. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Four more years!

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Hmmm...fire him and get who? You have a veteran team and you don't have time for a new coach to "figure it out".

D-rock likes this.
  18. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

idk if you're talking about the texans or rockets, but we're still waiting for both coaches to figure it out.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Melo flamed out cuz he made 28M in OKC...he was a vet min Houston and in Portland it was a failure of epic proportions he couldnt add any value to the team and got cut 2 weeks into the season. Melo as a decorated all star got less chance than an undrafted rookie it's not hard for other teams to top that. He was just used as a scapegoat for all the troubles in Houston qhen everybody else including Harden, Cp3 and Capela were playing bad too.

If you compare Melo's production in Portland vs his production in Houston, its not that different. Melo could have produced these same numbers if he was given time to get comfortable with the system and more importantly play himself into shape cuz we know they had a horrible camp.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Melo is not missing piece to championship. Too much displaced angst around him, waste of energy.

DeBeards and HP3 like this.