1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Chance of War with Iran

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mtbrays, May 15, 2019.

1. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Not surprising, when I was in Qatar in 2012, there was a lot of rumors about Iran and we actually held exercises mo that in case something happened. One of the things constantly beat through our heads was that Iran easily had the capability to do some damage to every base in the Middle East region. We were told repeatedly that this wouldn’t be like Iraq.

War with Iran would be disastrous for everyone involved. We’ll be lucky if it doesn’t happen...the casualties would be enormous compared to what we’ve seen in decades if it does.

Nook, Deckard, FranchiseBlade and 3 others like this.
  2. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

lol. youre not a conservative. youre a trumpublican. bigly difference.

jiggyfly and da_juice like this.
  3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Call me old fashioned, but I'm not a fan of this tit for tat regarding Trump's phrasing after the fact.

Maybe it's Trump fatigue from his chronic lying, but I think foreign policy coverage should move forward on pressing for future details and goals rather than questioning moves by the cic in retrospect.

It's not like we got to convict the Bush Junta for all their endless and ongoing ****ups.

Nor did the reporting after the fact make the public more vigilant and punishing against power grabs, lies and cover-ups.

I can't even say this is for posterity given the relatively poor accuracy some of these influencers are peddling...

JuanValdez likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

Perhaps I am not understanding your phrase "tit for a tat". My sense is that the reporting is drilling down into why we attacked iran. So far the reasons have been a moving target and even republican senators are unhappy with the explanation. Perhaps if the excuse was simply "he was a very bad man"? But this president and his cabinet have earned the media's and citizens' distrust.

Blatz likes this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

God couldn't have created a greater cluster **** combination than Trump and Iran.

Nook, Deckard and RayRay10 like this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Presidents have been known to lie in these situations and Trump is undoubtedly a worse offender. I think we're in too deep with partisan nitpicking to the point where leaders can't make decisions without a side complaining every step along the way. The minute by minute representation is a bit cancerous imo. I'm not even sure the outrage is change provoking for either side anymore, or at the very least, the threshold to do so increases as fatigue sets in.

I don't like the move or rationale myself but I've already seen more headiness about their justification (leaks, official and unofficial accounts, etc...) than what future steps the US is taking for Iran.

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Dude, lying about the pretenses to justify an attack or assassination to the American public seems like a pretty big deal to me that most administrations don't do so casually especially directly from the president.

Nook and joshuaao like this.
  9. Invisible Fan

That's not my main point, but since you are a subscriber to The Feed, I'm interested in what are you going to do about it...if it's a pretty big deal to yout?

10. NewRoxFan

So give him a pass on what might be a criminal or even impeachable offense? Should we not expect the truth ever, from this president? From any future president? Or am I missing your point?

joshuaao and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. NewRoxFan

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dont mess with botexxx!

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Glad you found a safe space where people agree with your reality.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You don't know much about about politics or the military do you?

15. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

[​IMG]

fchowd0311 likes this.
  16. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

The endless pettiness is numbing. There are reports coming out today that Soleimani was picked as a target months ago. If I weren't so over it, I might care. Bad guys attack embassy. Bad guy dead. WWIII hasn't broke out. And the Iranian population are starting to speak out against the regime. Sounds good to me. Let's move on and judge later on when history reveals the details as it usually does.

17. Invisible Fan

Facts do matter to me. I just think the current news cycle about this is over saturated and undercooked. Trump made a domestically convenient move to divert attention away from impeachment while using the embassy riot as pretext. Even if he admitted it...what then? Impeach him again? The nerve! Best course to do, should it be truly significant for the hypertense, would be to get as many people to vote him out...

The slow drip "as it develops" outrage p*rn doesn't really help anything except fill airtime and sell papers.

Given this era's apathy for Trump's deeds, it might even have a more desensitizing effect given the limited mindshare most people are willing to afford to politics.

And again, it steals news attention away from what people are more concerned about, our future relations with an Axis of Evil.

#1337 Invisible Fan, Jan 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    jiggyfly likes this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This the classic cooking the frog. It shows that we haven't learned anything from 17 years of war in Iraq and to pretty much expect forever wars from hear on out as we just get desensitized and apathetic to our presidents using the military when they feel like it.

And I agree we should get many people to vote him out. It seems odd though to ignore and excuse extremely questionable actions by this Administration as a rallying cry to vote him out.

19. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

He is reckless and a liar. It's the norm and nothing need more to be said about him. Except...

His reckless actions push Iran to go nuclear shopping, Iraq to demand Americans get out and ISIS is happily waiting for the US to pull out. Or we can enjoy occupying their land for the fun of it.

20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Hey MSM! Get over it!

Astrodome likes this.