1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros Off-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Just saw this.

Vivi likes this.
  2. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

If that's all it took Kluber must be damaged goods. A reliever and a fringe outfielder for a supposed ace!?? Wtf

3. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Not sure why the Indians didn't just wait until the trade deadline to see if he rebuild some value. I guess a closer and saving money is enough for them, but man Kluber fell fast lol

4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

So, youre telling me if we wouldve kept delino on the 40 man, we couldve traded Rondon and him for Kluber. Damn, missed opportunities man......

5. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Only explanation for that trade is that Kluber is damaged goods. DeShields sucks.

6. Nook

Nook Member

There are concerns about Kluber but the Indians also really really wanted Clase as they view him as a top prospect

texans1095 likes this.
  7. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

DeShields dreams of being good enough to just merely suck.

CometsWin and Htown Legend like this.
  8. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Pretty relieved it’s not the angels

Mr.Pringles, Vivi, texans1095 and 2 others like this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Vivi likes this.
  10. FEDEXROCKETS13

@Nook do you happen to have a Twitter I can follow

raining threes and Nook like this.
  11. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

I would like a Dallas Keuchel reunion. If nothing else don’t let the Angels improve.

jklb likes this.
  12. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I understand why it feels that way to some. For me... Cole was inevitably going to be gone--we've known since mid-season at a minimum. The fact that we went through this with CFM and came out just fine makes me feel confident in Luhnow prioritizing and finding starting pitching as needed. From a Yankees standpoint, they already had the talent. Yes, this makes them better. But it was going to be a dogfight with them in the playoffs regardless--so in some ways, it feels like status quo given that they're out of division at least.

Rendon to LAA doesn't move the needle IMO. They're still not good, and now their money is tied up. Not sure how they move up from mediocrity.

Kluber to the Rangers is different. I was concerned about his ace status going into last year, and then he really showed the effects. If his arm comes back at age 34, this one actually matters the most on the list to me somehow. But I'm going to assume that the injury risk / age / recent history combination means it's not likely to work out in their favor..

13. jim1961

jim1961 Member

It was inevitable that the year would come where we seemed to lose more talent than we gained and other clubs started catching up to us. 2020 maybe the first of several of those. Not saying we wont be a very good team in 2020, but I think the days of us being the favorite to win it all, or even the favorite in the AL maybe passed.

The cheating scandal just adds more bitterness to the taste of things. That will pass if we dont get caught up in something else in the near future.

14. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

And yet they’re still the favorites to win it all... determined by people who do that sort of thing for a living.

raining threes and kaleidosky like this.
  16. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Lets wait until at least spring to take any 2020 predictions very seriously.

17. Nook

Nook Member

sorry I don’t. I just don’t have time. @Deuce is a really good twitter follow for Rockets and NBA in general. @justtxyank is another good one.

Deuce and raining threes like this.
  18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I’m not as Astros fan. I’ve heard this sentiment form a lot of Astros fans and I don’t get it.

the 2020 Astros on paper are better than the team that won the World Series. They easily project to be the best offense or at worst #2 behind Boston. The pitching staff is still really good and they’ll likely add to it.

don’t get why Astros fans are dejected in the slightest

the Yankees are chasing the Astros

Astrofan59, King1 and Snake Diggit like this.
  19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Cause we went from the outhouse to the penthouse pretty swiftly, so now a lot of us are spoiled and dont want to be booted from that view we have.

raining threes likes this.
  20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Including your’s?

Barring an injury or a sudden retirement of one of the Astros studs, they will be the favorites. If they add anything else to the already loaded lineup, it would only increase their odds.