1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Ghostbusters 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Very Serious
    Very Stranger Things

Not 100% on it yet

Rocket River

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  2. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Didn't Murray have something of a "falling out" with Harold Ramis because he felt that Ramis got too much credit for the success of Stripes and Ghostbusters? It was Murray's being an ass that prevented the making of another sequel. As for bad scripts, the 2016 movie script was plain awful which is why it bombed. They wanted to blame sexism but that script was derivative, silly and uninteresting.

3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Thought Ramis, as director, and Murray had different opinions on how Groundhog Day would go. They must have been having the same argument every day.

4. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I think it looks promising and I'm thrilled it's not a direct sequel to the first two films. I'm guessing there's a lot that wasn't revealed in the trailer, which suits me fine!

I'm in.

5. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Looks fun. Who cares if it's not the next Shawshank Redemption. I'm looking for something to take me away for a few hours... and this should fit the bill nicely.

VanityHalfBlack and FrontRunner like this.
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The story is that Akroyd was working on the script until just before Ramis died. That was the first time he joined the project and Murray was interested at that time.

Prior to that the last script that was pitched was Akroyd alone and was allegedly "Ghostbusters go to hell" and was an alternate dimension movie where the Ghostbusters chased demons into hell with Minotaurs as police offers and all this other stuff that Bill Murray said he wouldn't be a part of.

FrontRunner likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

I'll allow it.

Reitman's kid wrote it? I'm giving it a shot.

Blurr#7 and boomboom like this.
  8. hooroo

hooroo Member

I think his issue was the scripts. venkman wasn't the lead character as he was in the previous movies.

That's a Paul Feig movie.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  9. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

That trailer definitely has me excited. It has just the right amount of nostalgia while introducing the new (connected) characters. I wanna see more, but right now I'm digging it.

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Isn’t Ghostbusters supposed to be a comedy? The tone felt off.

11. VanityHalfBlack

I'm with you on that. Doesn't seem so based on the trailer.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

13. VanityHalfBlack

Spoiler: All the kids die in this movie.

KingCheetah likes this.
  14. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

That would be a bit of a departure for the franchise. I'm pretty sure Bill Murray and co. are dead, though, or we would have seen them in the trailer.

I have complete faith in Murray, who's funnier now than he was back then IMO. If he approved the script it's got to be at least decent.

15. Buck Turgidson

Is Murray up as much as Akroyd is down? I say way more.

16. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I'm not sure I understand your question. If it's, has Akroyd's career fallen further in the shitterrr than the likes of Chevy Chase, I would say yes.

I've never been a huge Bill Murray is hilarious guy, and probably wouldn't laugh very hard at his performance in Ghostbusters if I were to see it today, but he stole the movie in his latest Zombieland cameo, IMO. That might be where he's best now, in a cameo--get in and get out, while the laughs are good.

17. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

From a trailer?? I mean we complain that trailers give away too much now we got the whole tone and feel of one trailer. Sheesh.

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Yes. Tone is one of the few things a trailer should communicate about a movie.

19. Buck Turgidson

Murray has done amazing work since their heyday, Akroyd has not, at all. Akroyd has been writing scripts and pushing this sequel for 20 years or so, so I assume if Bill signed off now it has a solid chance of being good. Unless Bill has gone completely into "**** it, I'm Bill Murray" mode, which is possible.

DFWRocket and FrontRunner like this.
  20. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

The trailer gave me enough to be intrigued. Most importantly, it showed that it is directly connected to the actual Ghostbusters movies, and not the ill-conceived remake from a couple years ago.