1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros Off-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 31, 2019.

1. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

The Astros will need to make a lot of changes if they want to get back to the WS. I believe we should get rid of Reddick and trade Correa for a pitcher.

2. HTown2017Champs

Correa's overall approach this postseason was atrocious. Yes, he hit several key homers including the Game 2 walkoff against the Yanks, but overall, he was way too aggressive. Swung at low balls in the dirt, and tried way too hard to just swing through the fences. Disappointing. Not to mention it seems like it's always a given he misses half of the regular season due to injuries too. I love him when he's healthy and locked in, but this is a business, and tough moves just have to be made at times.

lw17 likes this.
  3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Springer, Altuve, and Correa are like peas, carrots, and sauce. I don't like the idea of breaking this trio apart. I still think Correa's best days are ahead of him and we would regret letting him get away. I hope he stays.

Smacktle, BMoney, texans1095 and 2 others like this.
  4. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The Astros may try and trade for Mancini, but there’s no chance they trade Michael Brantley to make room for him. None. If they don’t believe in Tucker long term, they might be willing to move him for Mancini, or they could center a package around Josh James. But, Brantley will remain an Astro until his contract expires after 2020.

5. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

Trade Correa f Move Bregman to Short and sign Rendon..

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

pretty much all these things.

7. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

How much of a contract will he command?

8. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Nationals already offered him 7 years for 210-215 million.

He hasn't said yes to that and an article speculated he wants something closer to what Arenado got at 260 million for 8 years.

9. astros123

astros123 Member

What type of package do you think we could get from the Mets for Correa?

Correa doesnt clear enough cap. We'd have to trade Verlander + Correa

10. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

I’m down for the reunion tour: Jason Castro, Dallas Keuchel, and Jordan Lyles. Complement them with Collin McHugh, Will Harris, and Robinson Chirinos.

11. conquistador#11

Betts, Rendon, Mancini, Strasburg, Jin Ryu Guile and Ken, Trout, The great Hambino sign them all.
    Crane prints the federal reserve that's 4. 5 trillion, yo.
    Gimme the loot, Gimme the loot.

The front office has shown they're willing to make moves to win. I trust them.

12. raining threes

They could trade Greinke and Reddick to create space.

I seriously doubt Sanchez is going to get 6 million.

13. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Mlbtraderumors has his arbitration estimate at 5.6 million. Astros would have to work out another deal. I would hope a one year deal for less with a team option for a second year at 7-8 million IF they think he's worth it.

14. AznH-TownFan

AznH-TownFan Member

Jordan Lyles should be in play. Could be our next CFM or Miley type signing. As long as we still have JV and Greinke, I just don’t see how we can afford to go get a Wheeler type pitcher without going way over the cap. We have to have our younger pitchers a chance to develop for the future. That mean guys like Urguidy, Whitley, Abreu, James, and Javier really have to step up in order for the astros to sustain this success, whether they’re pitching for the Astros or as trade value.

jim1961 likes this.
  15. tmacfor35

No telling but last night he said nothin would be sweeter than winning a chip with his hometown team. Houston is his hometown. He may sign for 25million over 5-7 years.

16. tmacfor35

It’s all speculation, but I don’t think any team would give him that long a contract.

Also, he didn’t sign because he doesn’t want to play for them. He wants to play somewhere else.

17. tmacfor35

Y’all please remember that the Astros just last year almost landed Bryce Harper. The way Lunhow values prospects, one has to think he was willing to resign Harper.

Money doesn’t seem to be a giant issue to Crane and Lunhow when the opportunity is there.

18. HTown2017Champs

Rumor had it we were exploring a trade for him at the deadline.
    TBH, if we did get him, I'd expect it would be to play 1B and eventually succeed Gurriel, given our OF situation and some of the MiLB guys we have coming (Brewer, Barber, etc)

19. tmacfor35

Reddick is getting replaced by Tucker.

Marisnick is a great 4th outfielder.

Bullpen is fine. This team really doesn’t have too many holes.

20. Poloshirtbandit

I think Marisnick gets replaced with Straw.