1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] World Series: Astros vs. Nationals

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 22, 2019.

1. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

They have a very thin bullpen. It would help substantially if they had to play 4 games in 4 days. They would have to, if all goes to plan, end up pitching some of their less than stellar relievers.

2. SemisolidSnake

Tucker singled to start the inning (good job, Tucker). Diaz hits a fly to center; Tucker tags from 1st and slips into 2nd (wow, really good job, Tucker). Actually, Tucker had everyone so fooled that Robles threw the ball to 1st from center and Tucker was nearly already at 2nd.

George comes up and hits his ball. Tucker is at 2nd. It looks like Tucker was staying pretty close to 2nd just in case he had to tag because he wasn't even past 3rd several seconds after it bounced off the wall. Regardless, George, had he been hoofing it (or even jogging decently), would been past 1st, close to 2nd, and would have had an easy shot to 3rd by the time the ball was collected and dealt with by the Nats' outfielders. If George is completely booking it, he might have to slow up to wait for Tucker around 2nd base, but there's no downside to him being that close. If it's caught, he's out. If it's not, Tucker's off to the races in front of him.

The fly Altuve subsequently hit would have been enough for a sac fly. Just such an immature move from an experienced player. It would be an immature move for a little leaguer, and you'd probably have to run laps for it. But to do this crap in the World Series?!

3. cardpire

cardpire Member

you just wasted all that time typing by not reading the post.

4. Theking

Theking Member

Totally agree with you!

5. cardpire

cardpire Member

agree with what? you're talking about a completely different play

6. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Don't hold your breath. weather.gov and darksky don't have that same rain forecast.

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

The X-factor is mostly effort.

Stros refocus similar to Game 1 vs Yankees.

FOUR wins next 5 games (or less) happening.

#1567 Houstunna, Oct 23, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  8. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

I'm not worried. Win game 2 and we'll be good.

punkoholic likes this.
  9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Game 2 is now obviously pretty big, but if we win this we're back in good shape.

Sanchez is very hittable despite his 2 great playoff starts, and I'm not sure what they're doing for game 4.

Marteen, mikol13 and everyday eddie like this.
  10. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Brantley should have went home.

11. msn

msn Member

I missed most of these 79 (!!!) pages, but has anyone complained about George watching his damn fly ball to the wall?

This is why I hate ppl admiring their dingers. If it's not a dinger, you look like an idiot standing on first or second when you could be on 2nd or 3rd.

Springer is amazing as a ball-player and as a human, or so it seems from a distance. But please dude: leave the ridiculous bunny hop with Sammy Sosa. Unless you know for a fact that the ball's leaving the whole damned stadium, run your ass off immediately from contact.

Dude could've scored on Tuve's fly ball, and we would have a tied game. Dammit, George.

lw17 and Commodore like this.
  12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

msn likes this.
  13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

That was a real tough loss. Obviously we’re still in it. Need Verlander to come in and shut the door.

desihooper likes this.
  14. msn

msn Member

That makes sense. So, I guess the bunny hop is an acceptable solution for "dude are you going to run or not? While you decide, I'll bunny hop and watch my fly ball."

15. msn

msn Member

...of course, it's easy for an old Gen-Xer who never played above high school to talk smack like that. George Springer is an incredible professional baseball player.

lw17 likes this.
  16. phasors28

phasors28 Member

What's funny is on his homerun, he was pretty much was running out from home. Ill give him a painful pass this time

17. Big Uns

Big Uns Member

Ok Springs. This makes no sense. You could of been standing on second while Tucker was just off. He catches it, Tucker retreats. He doesnt Tucker scores just as he did.

Brantley and you cost us two runs.....by NOT hustling....in a game you lost by one run.

Looked pretty pathetic on both your ends.

everyday eddie and jcee15 like this.
  18. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

I’m just thankful Springer woke up - hopefully Correa and Bregman can now do the same. Feeling better about Yordan but with the bases juiced - that was a bad at bat (3 pitch K?)

It’s a new day!!!!!

19. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

this team will choke. juan soto has our number.

if cole didn't show up, i don't think verlander has much to offer either. i think the nationals win game 2: 3-1

20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

When logic fails hard you get posts like this.

everyday eddie and lw17 like this.