1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patriots’ Caserio likely headed to Texans next season

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ItsMyFault, Oct 20, 2019.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Calm down there bud. No need to comfort. Couple years don’t change an entire history.
    Bottom line is there’s less of a chance of getting impact starters outside the 1st and 2nd rounds.

Mr. Clutch and raining threes like this.
  2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Conley was a first rd talent, when he was drafted. As of now he’s one of the worst corners in the league.
    Change in scheme and he could be good, if that happens 3rd is cheap. If not it’s a hell of an over pay

3. raining threes

Which is why I dont have an issue on taking a chance on a talented guy like Conley and putting him in a scheme where he can succeed.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I guess I do and I don’t. 3rd could be good and could be bad. I hope he flourishes here. It benefits us if he does

raining threes likes this.
  5. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

6. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

You know what other QB is no longer in the league? The one that started for the Texans...

We likely won't change each other's opinions - but we need to at least agree to be intellectually honest and consistent. You can't dismiss a playoff victory because the opposing QB was bad while ignoring that the Texans' starting QB was just as bad.

No Worries and raining threes like this.
  7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Again with the preaching and whataboutism. He’s had other opportunities to show himself against starting level quarterbacks, with Watson in fact.
    I stated facts and you want to deny or play the what about game. The only one being intellectually dishonest or inconsistent is you.

I typically agree with a lot of what you say but your blind devotion to OBrien is on you. He has major warts, which most coaches do, but without the ability to self reflect and delegate out his weaknesses it’s most likely not going to get better.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

An impact starter is an impact starter whether he was drafted in the 1st round or brought in for a 1st round pick.

9. Hey Now!

I'm not preaching and this isn't whataboutism. Cook and Osweiler are both bad QBs who are out of the league; to mention one - and not the other - reveals your intellectual dishonesty and bias. The game was played on equal terms - both teams had bad QBs and BO'B won. You can't denigrate his win with, "yeah, but..."

Including playoffs, he's 18-12 with Watson as his starting QB, which is a 10-win pace. Unfortunately, his far and away worst game was the playoff game v. Colts.

BO'B has done pretty well with Watson.

Generally, those who claim to be dealing in only facts... are rarely dealing in only facts.

My blind devotion to O'Brien?... Is that another one of your "facts"....?

10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I agree completely. Specially if they’re young. Texans haven’t traded a 1 for an impact starter though. They have traded 2 1sts and a 2nd for one. Hopefully they can extend him. Seems to be making his way towards a top 5 LT in the game, if he can clean up the false starts

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

This makes me feel good inside

12. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

I was talking about Caserio firing O'Brien.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Let's not forget that whoever the GM is, he's not just got the draft to work with, but FA and trades as well.

15. Hey Now!

Not having draft picks isn't optimal... but you can't tell me at least *some* of the hand-wringing is people upset they won't have any vested interest in watching the next two drafts.......

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Except these same people don't care that the rockets don't have picks because Morey actually knows what he's doing

17. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

They should be happy that it saves them more embarrassment from horrible mock drafting.

raining threes and Hey Now! like this.
  18. raining threes

Why not watch next years draft?

They're only missing their 1st rd pick.

19. Hey Now!

Because all our armchair GMs won't be able to post their remarkably wrong mock drafts and YouTube scouting reports.

20. raining threes

I will do a mock draft without a first rd pick if that will make them happy. LOL