1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Defending freedom of speech is important, but you should know what happened then give a speech.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Emanon, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You are a lunatic.

2. malakas

malakas Member

What you are basically saying is that HKers should accept their fate of having their rights destroyed and stop making such a fuss about it?

I don't know about you , but if my way of life , safety to be sent off to a gulag and basic freedom was under threat you bet I would incite violent protests and would burn the whole country into the ground.
    So yes it is reason good enough.

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  3. YallMean

YallMean Member

Have you visited China?

Gulag camps. What are you talking about?

Don't play with fires unless absolutely necessary. I don't know you either. I almost 100% sure you are not someone that will fight for a cause like that.

I go to HK and China regularly every year to meet my clients there by the way. I have seen many parts of China and as well as HK.

#203 YallMean, Oct 9, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    dlite316 and Lovemachine2000 like this.
  4. malakas

malakas Member

I am talking about all the people who have dissappeared without standing trials, about the organ harvesting committed against prisoners and about the concetration camps.

It IS absolutely necessary when freedom and democracy is at stake.
    You can believe what you want about me, but I tell you that you are wrong.

CHI likes this.
  5. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

Because I believe arsonists should eat bullets?

In USA people eat bullets from police for much lesser offense.

What did LAPD do during the '92 riot? Oh right....nothing! Only murdered some random black dude and caused the riot. HK police looks much finer in comparison

#205 thedopefiend, Oct 9, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  6. YallMean

YallMean Member

So now we are talking about China now?

What do you know about those? Have you seen them?
    Have you dealt with Chinese officials on the ground? The hard-nosed ones. I have. All kids play in HK right now.

You are not. You are an armchair warrior.

7. malakas

malakas Member

I know what the multiple Human Rights watchdogs have reported over decades.
    I have seen videos.

If you are more reliable than international organisations and media, why not give me your name so I can look up your reports and papers you have written on them?

In the beginning you seemed someone who wanted a discussion but here you are attacking my morals and ideas and advocating that HK should accept loss of democracy and freedom.:rolleyes:

LMAO

"Just because I don't have real morals, it must mean you also don't!"

8. YallMean

YallMean Member

Not attacking you. You are just terribly not informed as the conversation went on with a bunch of seemingly righteous slogans.

Yes, there are many things one would not be able to fanthom in many parts of the world not just China. But you are linking extradition bill to average HKer being exposed to a real risk of their organs being exploited in China? Sorry about the stuff above. But really?

9. malakas

malakas Member

You made an assumption about me that is actually insulting and implies I have no moral compass, but I am not going to mind.

Freedom of speech. If you believe that I am a sellout that will just be a doormat to any dictator coming here wanting to kill my rights, that's your prerogative. Wrong but you have the right to believe whatever you want.

It is a fact that prisoners in China have had their organs harvested.
    It's another fact that there is no fair trials.
    Another fact that hundreds of thousands civilians for political reasons are imprisoned and dissappear without even a fake trial.

So yes really. The average HKer would be exposed to the laws of an absolute and oppressive regime that has no problem operating even concetration camps.
    If that's not reason to take the streets I don't know what is.

And if it happened now here in Europe, we would indeed have violent riots and much worse than what HKers have done.

CHI likes this.
  10. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

And you'd be shot. Fair enough

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  11. malakas

malakas Member

better dead by a bullet than by having my organs harvested.

12. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

You never know. Maybe they aim at your head so the rest are still useful

malakas likes this.
  13. malakas

malakas Member

Maybe.

I wouldn't put anything past the CCP at this point.

CHI likes this.
  14. bongman

bongman Member

you maybe suffering from "I don't think that MY **** stinks" syndrome. You don't think that the US has its own problems with her citizens? We've never had concentration camps? Have u seen the border facilities? Sending our innocent kids to unwarranted wars for personal gains? We don't oppress certain demographic of folks? I am sure that there are plenty more other stuff but you stand there on your high horse like you're all that naming all the evil things they did. Look in the mirror as that might teach you some humility.

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Does the United State government use their economic leverage to force individual Chinese citizens to not criticize US policy?

If a Foxxcon employee in China tweets "The Iraq war was unjust" would the US government force US smartphone manufacturers such as Apple and Google to withdraw all their smartphone manufacturing in China?

16. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

HK courts have very limited authority in terms of examining whether the evidence provided by China is true. And China uses trumped up charges to prosecute political dissidents all the time.

You know **** is serious when court judges and lawyers protest against it.

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/component/k2/1461599-20190608.htm

17. Miracle

Miracle Member

I am not an expert in the area. But from my casual readings online, unlike Macau -- another HK-like special administrative region -- the HK bill for enacting the 'anti-government law' was not passed. This (translated) article suggested that there had been no official handover of suspects from HK to China up to 2016. So there seems to be no actual legal avenue to transport suspects from HK to mainland China.

18. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Being a wu mao is one of the most pathetic existences possible.

BamBam likes this.
  19. Lovemachine2000

On the other hand, being a presumptuous asshat is lauded as freedom-fighter in this forum, go figure.

20. YallMean

YallMean Member

Don't mean you don't have a moral compass. But you have been more informed before making the statements you made. Morey too.

Yes, there are many and many things happening in China ... this is a whole another topic.

But, onto what this should be about ... HK

So far, there has not been one HKer having been extradited to mainland for breaking China's antigovernment law. Beijing would not do that for many reasons. Practically they don't need to. Disapperance
    Ah, the extra-judicial stuff, let's not go there. If you are out on the street throwing tantrums because of China's legal system, I don't really know what to make of it. Pretense.

dlite316 likes this.