1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Trump now involved "Kerr was scared"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Oct 9, 2019.

1. malakas

malakas Member

:rolleyes:
    It IS about his own country.
    Whose rights were at risk? His own countryman and collegue not some foreigners' from across the globe.

TIL you need a PHD diploma in chinese history to know about freedom of speech in america.

Mazulis and clutchdabear like this.
  2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

He was asked about Morey's tweet. All this discussion about Hong Kong and a more free China was brought up by Morey. I get the frustration if you don't want to talk about politics, but all this stuff effects the Rockets. Morey is the headline. Tilman was a headline. Harden apologizing then siding with Silver was a headline. It's all Rockets at its core. Sure, the debates get off topic, but since when have they not?

malakas likes this.
  3. malakas

malakas Member

No I mean a video of Popovic himself and his statements.

AroundTheWorld and topfive like this.
  4. Mr. Space City

Or maybe, just maybe, athletes and nba coaches are just not educated enough on the situation in China, and don't want to give an opinion on something that they know nothing about?

It makes perfect sense that people are more knowledgeable about politics that are going on in their home country that they live in day in and day out, vs a foreign country that they don't even speak the language.

Morey is the one who brought it up. Im sure guys like Kerr, or LeBron, or Harden are not qualified to speak on Chinese politics, and it's fine to not be educated on that matter.

Easy, B-Bob, foh and 3 others like this.
  5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

D-rock likes this.
  6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Still not a valid point. Again, I’m not taking sides, but if Kerr chooses not to give his opinion about something because he feels people from another country will be hurt, and it doesn’t hit close to home for him, but chooses to voice his opinion about Trump, the president of his country, what’s so wrong about that?

It’s not like he said Morey was wrong or we need to back off. He just chose not to comment. Freedom of speech doesn’t mean you have to say something.

D-rock and BaselineFade like this.
  7. TilmanFinancialWindfall

You're right, he loves this, now Tilmam can sell more books

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Like clockwork. As I said this morning of course he won’t be able to resist getting in the middle of this.

Keep in mind, he’s most likely the one responsible since he instigated a trade war with China and gave incentive to the Chinese govt to extort US businesses like that NBA.

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

@heypartner could you stop spamming that crap? The rockets are larger than just basketball right now, that’s why it’s in the GARM. I too detest politics though, but it’s our team

don grahamleone likes this.
  10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

He blasted Kerr and Pop- that's A-ok for me!!

D-rock and slothy420 like this.
  11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Morey was not mentioned in that press conference. The question was about the NBA.

I get why all the threads were created...literally 100+. No problems here.

But at some point, to continue saying "all this stuffs affects the Rockets," well...this NBA/China stuff does not affect the Rockets nearly as much as NBA trades and free agent signing do, Opponent Success/Failures, NBA regulation changes, and coaching moves ... but we don't put all that stuff in the GARM...

...now, do we? :p

...at some point, let's please return to sanity have how people use the various forums on this bbs. It's not that hard.

D-rock likes this.
  12. don grahamleone

I wonder when these lawmakers will decide that publicly supporting free speech for NFL football players is in the same bucket as supporting Daryl Morey and the NBA's position on pro-free speech?

I welcome anyone that wants to show me that it's different. I know it is, I just don't know how to justify it in my mind yet.

D-rock and BaselineFade like this.
  13. Rocketsfan3422

Ive been gone for a long while, but im back! Trump is correct, POP and Keer are sellouts,

14. heypartner

Sounds like a comment the CCP or Trump would make to suppress dissent.

#74 heypartner, Oct 9, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    Easy, Texanasiafan and Os Trigonum like this.
  15. bizzy045

bizzy045 Member

Trump is the biggest f’ing pos this country has ever seen. If you’re worried about this Morey **** and support trump, you should seriously go f yourself to hell. Ban me. I dgaf. You trump supporters are worse than anything I’ve ever seen. He’s a f’ing joke. Luckily in this country I can say our president is a joke from ****ing hell without getting arrested. Not so much in gyna.

to all the Chinese threads in this forum. Gtfo. Yao is a joke if he’s pissed. We don’t want or need this China trash. It’s a brutal regime that should be ashamed of every single f’ing thing they are doing.

16. don grahamleone

I looked again. He mentions "Daryl Morey's tweet".

Trump responds to the reaction of Steve Kerr.

I have a hard time saying this isn't Rocket related.

If Clutch deems it D&D only worthy, I'll respect that. However, I see this as being in the bucket. It's spilling over all over the GARM but every thread is catalyzed by one tweet. Morey is one powerful man if you ask me.

That being said, I respect your opinion. I can see where you're coming from. At some point we have to get back to basketball. It's the reason we're all here.

D-rock and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I wonder what took him so long.

D-rock likes this.
  18. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

LOL. This is pure gold.

D-rock likes this.
  19. heypartner

I just posted in the NBA Dish Curry's response to Trump calling out Kerr about his comments on a China issue that Morey started ... while only Kerr was asked about Morey.

How many degrees of separation is still about Morey :eek:

The media is actually downplaying Morey and Rockets, saying they aren't important...yahoo sports did on first day. (NPR just went out of their way *not* to mention Morey by name as the source.) Maybe someone should start a thread about how Morey is no longer getting credit for starting all this. :D

Most forthcoming news will just be about the NBA as a whole.

NBA Dish is fine with me.

20. bmd

bmd Member

I don't think Trump is afraid to call out China and put his money where his mouth is. I mean, after all, whether you agree with it or not, he started a multi-billion dollar trade war with them because he said he's tired of China taking advantage of the United States. He's tried to encourage companies to leave China. Other presidential candidates over the years talked tough but didn't do anything about China when they got into office.

Say what you want about Trump, but he's done plenty to call out China since he's been in office.

slothy420 likes this.