1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2019-20]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 5, 2019.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I don’t really have that option in a 14 team league. Usually these people don’t do trades until mid season.

Anyways look into case Keenum. Their schedules match perfectly. When josh Allen has his bye week and patriots x 2 matchups. Keenum has the dolphins and NY Giants x 2. I dropped Winston for him and couldn’t be happier haha

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Yes, this is a ten team standard league and also one where there are few if any trades made. Since its a ten team league I normally only carry one QB so I can maximize me RBs and WRs (my RBs: Cook, Fournette (groan), Michel, Devonte Freeman (argh) Miles Sanders, Singletary; my WRs Hopkins, Lockett, Ridley, Samuels).

Hopefully I can offer a RB or even a RB/WR package for a better QB. I may look at Keenum (good thinking!)... but the thought of dropping a Singletary or Samuels for a Keenum just seems so wrong... :eek:

UPDATE: I am guessing you are also "watching Haskins" since at some point WAS may look at switching to the QB of the future...

3. NewRoxFan

Unfortunately beat out for James Washington for my 16 team PPR league, so still have an empty slot. Here are the best remaining choices: Jalen Richard, Anthony Miller (available tomorrow) and Phillip Dorsett (he was dropped by the guy getting Washington, not available until Tuesday). Timing isn't important, just trying to improve talent at end of bench. Also would you drop either Trey Quinn or Tre'Quan Smith for any of those three (so add two)? also btw, my only backup RB is Jamaal Williams. Thanks!

4. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Dorsett or Richard. Miller is "supposed" to breakout but I don't see it unless Trubisky takes his passing up a notch. Dorsett has been looking pretty good.

5. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

My Lineup Week 1:

QB: J. Winston
    RB: A. Jones, T. Cohen (M. Gordon stashed on bench)
    WR: D. Adams, B. Cooks
    TE: T. Kelce
    Flex: D. Moore, L. Fitzgerald
    K: M. Crosby
    Def: Dallas

My Lineup Today:

QB: D. Watson
    RB: A. Jones, J. Conner (M. Gordon stashed on bench)
    WR: D. Hopkins, M. Wallace
    TE: V. McDonald (Hockenson on bench)
    Flex: P. Lindsey, Miles Sanders
    K: M. Crosby
    Def: Dallas

Lots of wheeling and dealing but I think I’m gonna slow down and let the dust settle. PPR league. Thoughts?

6. NewRoxFan

Thanks... did both (added Richard with my empty slot, put in claim for Dorsett). Dorsett call looks especially good today. Suspect there will be numerous clams Tuesday.

btw, the Jacoby Brissett might be pretty good.

BaselineFade likes this.
  7. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

12 team standard

I have been offered each of the following:

SEND: K. Johnson from DET

RECEIVE:. T. Boyd from CIN

I already have J. Mixon and J. Ross so I am kind of hesitant to take another Bengal. My receivers are E. Sanders, K. Golladay, S. Shephard, and J. Ross. My RBs are A. Eckeler, C. McCaffrey, J. Mixon, K. Johnson, P. Lindsay, J. Howard, and D. Thompson.

I feel good about my RB corp but I still think I get worse with this trade.

Same league but I was offered the following

SEND: D. Waller from OAK

RECEIVE:. D. Adams from GB

I am extremely high on Waller and have him in all my leagues. My WR corp is weak but I think I lose with this one as well.

Thoughts?

8. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't trade Johnson right now. Mixon is still a question mark week to week. Johnson's touches should increase with Anderson getting released. I think he had close to 20 carries last week. AJ Green may return in 2 or 3 weeks and I don't know if Boyd will keep his same value.

I LOVE Waller. I only have him on one team unfortunately. This is tough only because you are weak at receiver. GB has played Chicago, Minnesota, and Denver so far. That's tough for any #1 receiver. I think both he and Rodgers are due for much better production as everyone continues to get acclimated with the new offense.

If you have Waller on all of your teams you may want to gamble on Adams, but not if don't have a competent back up TE.

9. NewRoxFan

Thoughts on Baker Mayfield rest of season? I have Mayfield and Winston as my QBs on a SleeperBot 1 QB team, wondering if I should drop Mayfield for a QB with a better matchup this week (Stafford vs KC, Brissett vs OAK, Dalton vs PIT) to start this week. Any advice? tw, Brissett plays KC week 5 with Stafford is on bye.

10. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Don’t need advice, I’m just pissed off. I was offered a crappy trade for Melvin Gordon, I declined and requested Josh Jacobs in return. This was at 7 AM yesterday. I checked my phone at 10:00, and saw that the trade was accepted, great deal! Then I click Gordon’s name, and see some news broke around 9:00. He’s returning next week! WTF!

11. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I hope Baker improves because i have on 2 teams, but trading away their best guard over the off season really hurt the pass blocking. Njoku is gone, so his stock has definitely dropped. I picked up Stafford just to start this week vs KC, but Brissett may be your best bet bet over the next 2 weeks. I don't want to give up on Baker this early, but their overall play in the passing game is concerning.

12. mulletman

mulletman Member

Please help me pick 2 players to drop from these:
    Tevin Coleman
    Mecole Hardman
    Demarcus Robinson
    Royce Freeman
    Curtis Samuel

I need to drop 2 in order to pick up a defense and kicker

Other RBs: Fournette, Mixon, Montgomery
    Other WRs: Hopkins, Cook, Emmanuel Sanders

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

coleman and ty montgomery

edit: if that's david montgomery, then nvm. coleman/hardman or robinson

#193 YOLO, Sep 26, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    NewRoxFan and mulletman like this.
  14. NewRoxFan

@YOLO and everyone else who can wade in... should I drop either Winston or Mayfield to add Dalton or Brissett (if Hilton plays, doesn't look like he will). Don't like either Winston's nor Mayfield's matchups, and not really confident in either going forward (honestly, more confident in Winston).

15. NewRoxFan

Thanks, and unfortunately Stafford is now gone, so choice is between Brissett (good start to season, but TY Hilton appears out) and Dalton (usually struggles at PIT, but knew coach/scheme and PIT allows lots of passing). Bigger gambles on waivers... Keenum and Kyle Allen.

Not sure rostering two QBs is good anyway, just unsure which to keep between Winston and Mayfield long term?

16. NewRoxFan

One more complex series of moves for my standard 10 team league team. I just made a trade that finalizes Sunday getting Matt Ryan. My current QB is Josh Allen.

Here's the twist... AJ Green on waivers and league doesn't allow moving a FA direct to IR spot (though we have the IR spot). I'd like to drop Allen, add Green, move Green to IR spot, then add another FA (best available: Manny Sanders, MVS, or Penny).

Good series of moves? Plus which of Sanders, MVS, or Penny would you add?

The slight exposure would be if the trade doesn't finalize in time and I have to add a Dalton or Brissett, but should finalize in time.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

dalton/brissett will always be on waivers pretty much in any league that's not starting 2 qb's. its really a crapshoot for better or worse being winston/mayfield owners. way too volatile but still tend of have fantasy numbers somewhat worth the risk to start. they have extremely low floors bc they can turn the ball over a lot. i'd just pick bw winston and baker and hope for the best. the implied total for over/under gives winston the edge

NewRoxFan likes this.
  18. NewRoxFan

If you have Gostkowski as your kicker, time to look for a replacement... he was just placed on IR.

19. NewRoxFan

My team's TE is Howard. I have Goodwin on bench, would you drop Goodwin, add Eifert for ARI game, then replace Eifert with another WR next week (best WRs on waivers include Conley, Snead, Humphreys, Stills, Ginn, Parker, Miller, etc)? Or just go with OJ Howard?

20. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

trying to decide between Melvin Gordon or Austin Ekeler