1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2019-20]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 5, 2019.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I like DK Metcalf (have him on two teams), and I know normally people say RBs and WRs have much more value than QBs, but... Good QBs are so scarce (moreso with Ben and Brees out) and WRs are plentiful. And Dak is having a career season (though he will soon start facing tougher defenses). So I see where you'd like to void it. That said, its not *so* one-sided and I hate trade voids.

Here's one that was accepted in my SleeperBot league:

Team A: Antonio Brown and James Conner
    Team B: Julio Jones and Leonard Fournette

Seriously.

rhino17 likes this.
  2. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

i think this is lopsided as well. I would consider voiding it, but I would hate to punish a savvy GM who can execute a good trade for his team. I’m trying to trade for Dak too. I’d be pissed if I could get Dak for Metcalf, and it got voided.

That being said you have to do what’s best for your league. Not an easy choice.

rhino17 likes this.
  3. NewRoxFan

I'm trying to trade for Dak as well. I'm willing to offer one if my backup RBs, Sanders, Singletary, even Freeman or Michel. Or a combo of Singletary and Curtis Samuel. If you were a Dak owner would you take any of my offers?

What are you offering?

BaselineFade and rhino17 like this.
  4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

No way you can't void that. Dad has played two awful teams they could both be bottom 5 in the league. Didn't they also just lose Gallup? It may be somewhat lopsided but Metcalf could be really good this season, Lockett is not a high volume receiver either.

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Sorry my above post was meant for you. Apologize

6. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

D Freeman in one league. Philip Lyndsey and J Cook in the other.

Luck retiring and Cam sucking made me a little desperate for a qb in the league that I'm offering Freeman. Carson is my RB3 and Montgomery is my RB4. QB is my biggest weakness so offering up Freeman doesn't bother me.

I'm loaded at rb, and I have Waller at TE in the other league, so I feel comfortable enough with this one. I hate to lose Lyndsey but again I lost Luck in this league and I don't trust Kyler Murray enough to feel comfortable starting him each week.

7. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

If I'm deep at QB, I would take Singletary and Samuel. Those 2 have serious upside.

8. NewRoxFan

Thanks, funny how similar our situations are. I also have Cam and while I don't want to outright cut him (he started slow last year and had at least 2TDs through the second half of the year), I want to get a better option now. As you saw giving up a RB (Freeman) I drafted high but who is also struggling is an option. I also have Murray on another team and oddly I have confidence in him versus most of my other QBs (Cam, Jameis).

Unfortunately, the league rarely has trades.

The Goff owner already said he doesn't want to move Goff, despite having Watson and despite having no back up RBs. The Dak owner has Wilson but his backup RBs are Guice and James White and his only backup WR is Davis. So hopefully the package interests him.

The Mahomes owner also has Matt Ryan, and only has Hunt and Lindsey as backup RBs, so hoping Freeman or Michel might interest him.
    The Jackson owner also has Rodgers and a weak bench but he is horrible to try to trade with (always unreasonable trade demands/offers). Won't even bother.

BaselineFade likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

The Daniel Jones era has begun. Eli benched

10. NewRoxFan

I drafted Jones in a SuperFlex (2QB) league and patiently held him knowing he'd start soon. Also just got a trade offer: his Hyde and Jared Cook for Jones. My roster: Winston, Zeke, Conner, Jones Jr, Smokey, OJ Howard, Garroppolo, Royce Freeman, Trequan Smith (getting dropped), and Marquise Goodwin.

I think I want to keep Jones, but... should I take the trade?

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

he might be a bit slow for the time being. remember shepard is out with a concussion and tate is still suspended. should be better once both of them get back. its a dice roll haha.

12. NewRoxFan

@YOLO @BaselineFade and others. A bigger problem facing me:

Currently on waivers: Allen, Dalton, Brissett, Stafford, Trubisky, Darnold. Suspect Ben and Brees owners will put in waiver claims (no FAAB).

1. I can drop Cam and put in claim on QB? hate giving up on Cam so soon, but...
    2. I can cut worst player on bench (Devonte Freeman, Calvin Rdley, Curtis Samuel, Miles Sanders, Devin Singletary). Hate cutting a talented RB or WR.
    3. I have been messaging other owners on possible trades, only response was Goff owner (no RBs on bench) who didn't want to move Goff (starts Watson). I can step up and send trade offers eg Sanders and Samuel for Dak, or same for Matt Ryan, or others from bench). Owners in this league rarely make trades.
    Any advice, suggestions?

13. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I would want to see just how bad the foot is before I cut him. If it’s a serious long term issue, then I would look at Dalton from waivers. You have very solid bench players. I wouldn’t cut anyone from your bench. Unless Cam is out for several weeks, you may want to cut Samuel at that point.

Sanders and Samuel may be enough to get Dak even in a league that doesn’t make trades often. But If Cam is down for an extended period Samuel’s value will take a hit. Now could be the perfect time to try to unload Samuel in a package deal if Cam is out for a while.

14. NewRoxFan

Wow, Daniel Jones is a hot commodity... my second trade offer for him, this one his Raheem Mostert for Jones.

15. NewRoxFan

Appears I am going to lose my TE, Njoku. Best on waivers include Dissly, Eifert, Burton, Witten. Which should I add?

16. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Dissly or Burton. They should both continue to get healthier as the season progresses and are capable of having huge games from time to time.

#176 BaselineFade, Sep 18, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    NewRoxFan likes this.
  17. NewRoxFan

This may seem like a weird move, but thoughts on dropping Jarvis Landry and adding Chris Herndon? This team lost Njoku, picked up Witten for this week (vs MIA) and would like a stronger TE for rest of season if possible. btw, I already have Golden Tate on my bench for week 5, so waiting on a player isn't that big a deal.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

He won’t be playing til week 6 so there’s still plenty of time for him

NewRoxFan likes this.
  19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Does anyone here have Josh Allen as their main QB??

20. NewRoxFan

I do, dropped Cam Newton for him a few days ago. I may work a trade to improve on him but this week looks like a good matchup.