1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Elizabeth Warren for President thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Jan 1, 2019.

1. biff17

biff17 Member

Dude.

Why must you always being throwing shade at somebody?

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Also, what does "highly older" mean. I highly resent that phrase! :D

Overall, I think your comment in another thread makes a lot of sense: we're going to watch the left / us eat its own for the next six months in particular.

biff17 likes this.
  3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I vote for the candidate most likely to leave me alone and take the least amount of my wealth.

That would not be Warren.

cml750 likes this.
  4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If one geriatric is going to pick another geriatric as the running mate, they might want to consider putting a third person on the ticket, just in case!

Probably Biden for you, I'd think.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  5. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

RIP Houston

Os Trigonum likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ehh... I don't know what energy sources she expects us to use to sustain grid demand?

Natural gas is a stop gap untill we find other means but currently that's what we have. It's much better than coal. This is a promise that won't be made. She's making a "Mexico will pay for it" level mistake here. God damnit.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Liz that's just silly.

biff17 likes this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

*Texans*

[​IMG]

I've had these conversations with friends. Houstonians are going to be pissed, no matter how much we need to curb oil for green energy, no matter how bad climate change gets, no matter how many plants burn toxic fires over the city, people will always put our local economy first... and it's hard to blame people, if big oil dies so does Houston.

The Real Shady and B-Bob like this.
  9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

That would be living in Afghanistan. Bon yoyage.

10. Major

Major Member

This is the problem when all the candidates try to "out-left" each other to gain traction. This is how she ended up with her ridiculous college debt plan as well. She's extremely smart and thoughtful, but I'm not sure how she expects to win a general election taking all these positions.

baller4life315, Nook and B-Bob like this.
  11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yeah, these deviations will cause voters to defer their decision based mostly upon their "hunch" of the person's character, which is why Hillary's comprehensive platforms went unnoticed or distrusted. Warren struck a vein in liberal resentment that has served her well so far, but a lot of these policy ideas can fall flat with bad execution.

As for the filibuster bit, the republicans broke the system with judicial appointments. If they want to b**** about it, they'll bring out the gimp Roberts and overturn the big ones.

Started having flashbacks of McCain eating a **** sandwich and barfing out the creature that was Sarah Palin.

#611 Invisible Fan, Sep 8, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, the banning fracking is about as dumb an energy position as any candidate will have. "I will ban fracking, and we will have mandatory 8 p.m. lights off across America, taking us back to the pre-grid days where we can huddle with family around battery-operated radios!"

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

14. KingCheetah

Liz STFU.

B-Bob likes this.
  15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

They usually take 10-15 years to go from an idea to a full capacity plant. Combine that with how insanely expensive they are, how wind, hydro and solar are cheaper, and it becomes a difficult argument. That's leaving out the waste, and meltdown arguments, which are incredible arguments amongst themselves.

So this isn't a surprising take.

Oh and the nuclear power plants we currently have need to be closed out regardless if we build new ones or not, they are getting really old and it's just what has to happen with old nuclear power plants, they all have to get shut down before they break down.

16. KingCheetah

She's just chunking hail Marys up at this point.

17. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

No nuclear and no natural gas...that is basically ignoring science completely for power generation over the next 50 years and crippling the US economically for no basic reason.

The anti frackers are almost like anti vaxxers at this point.

18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

20. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง