1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2019-20]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 5, 2019.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Funny... someone (Zeke owner) finally noticed Pollard was a free agent... I don't think'd start him over my RBs (Cook, Freeman, Fournette, Michel) and I'm hoping I am successful with my #2 waiver claim on Miles Sanders that someone was dumb enough to drop. If I not, I move up to #1 and wait for an injury or some FA to explode.

Another of my teams is hard up for a WR. Which rookie upside should I go for: Boykin, BAL, or Metcalf, SEA? Or go after a vet (Parker or Funchess)?

2. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

If Metcalf is healthy, i think he has the most upside.

BamBam and NewRoxFan like this.
  3. NewRoxFan

Thanks... was leaning that way, also seems he has a good situation. Now the other part... drop either Jamaal Williams or Ty Montgomery to add Metcalf?

4. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I just don't know how either will be used. That's close to a coin flip.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

BUF cut McCoy, grab your Singletary shares (only available in one of my leagues). McCoy is now an option in HOU.

BaselineFade likes this.
  6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

7. NewRoxFan

You don't own Dalvin Cooks, so either Mattison, or Hill, or Singletary (in that order).

peleincubus and BaselineFade like this.
  8. The Stig

The Stig Member

@peleincubus I drop John Brown since replacements for WRs are easier to find than RBs.
    ----------------------------------
    So I am regrettably now have a choice to start Golladay @ AZ or Woods @ CAR. Half point PPR.

Is Guice start worthy over James White?? Or even in the flex over the two guys mentioned above?

peleincubus likes this.
  9. NewRoxFan

Start White and Woods. And what a nice problem to have...

The Stig likes this.
  10. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

I need some advice guys on who to start this week - I'm in a 10 team league where we do the draft in person every year and we had to do this year's draft super early so I was fortunate to have grabbed Josh Gordon which added to my already stacked WRs. It's a half point PPR league with standard scoring...

I need to choose a WR (my other WR is Davante Adams) and a flex from the following: Josh Gordon (vs PIT), Amari Cooper (vs NYG), Tyler Lockett (vs CIN), Kenny Golladay (@ ARI), and Tevin Coleman (@ TB)

I'm leaning towards Golladay (Peterson is out and Arizona's defense is trash overall) and Josh Gordon (expecting a high scoring game) but it's hard for me to sit Cooper and Lockett is also intriguing as Cincy gave up the most yards in the air last year and he's the only guy Wilson has to throw to currently...

11. NewRoxFan

Id choose Golladay and Cooper. I'd have to see Gordon play in a game that counted first.

Htown Stros likes this.
  12. The Stig

The Stig Member

@Htown Stros I’d play Golladay and Coleman for the floor, Lockett for the ceiling. Cooper isn’t match fit and Josh Gordon still has a ? over his head.
    ————————
    So I want to add Allison but I think my WRs are pretty deep. Should I still drop one of Dion Lewis, Mattison, or Damien Harris for Allison? I'm tempted to drop Lewis even though I'm in a PPR scoring this year as I think the Titans are going to be terrible. Any ideas?

WRs: Adams, Diggs, Woods, Golladay
    RBs: Conner, J.White, Guice, Drake, Lewis, Mattison, Harris

Htown Stros likes this.
  13. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Agreed with your assessment...I think I've changed my mind completely and I'm rolling with Cooper and Lockett but I'll probably change my mind three other times before Sunday...

Do you start two WRs and a FLEX? I can't really see you ever using Allison unless Adams gets injured (obviously I see you are trying to handcuff him) but I think dropping Lewis is a safe choice...I don't even like Henry. I have Harris stashed on my bench as well and I'm a fan of using at least one bench spot on a huge upside guy (if Michel gets hurt or does anything to piss Bill off Harris has huge potential in that offense) and I think Harris has way more upside than Mattison even given Cook's injury history (Michel hasn't been the epitome of healthy either though).

14. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

A Rodgers vs Bears or L Jackson vs Dolphins?

15. NewRoxFan

I have Adams on two teams so my heart says Rodgers but my head advises Jackson.

BaselineFade likes this.
  16. NewRoxFan

So tempted to drop Brees and sign Darren Waller in my SleeperBot league...

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

man dude doesn't give af about football anymore. straight drama queen with no fcks given

BaselineFade likes this.
  18. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I drafted him in the 4th round on 2 different teams and thought I got a steal lol. AB about screw me over big time.

#98 BaselineFade, Sep 5, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Man fantasy football can be maddening. I'm glad I didn't draft him. Which I probably would feel like I had no choice if he were there in the 4th round especially in my 14 team league.

20. NewRoxFan

After all the OAK WRs have been gobbled up... I have one league where Darren Waller is sitting in waivers. Would I be crazy to drop Drew Brees for him? Brees is my backup QB (behind Mayfield). Its a 12 team league but only half have backup QBs so there are a decent number of QBs on waivers: Cousins, Josh Allen, Stafford, Brissett, Stafford, Darnold, and Foles. My current TE is Njoku.

So... drop Brees for Waller?