1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2019-20]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 5, 2019.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

So... dropping the Ryan for Trubisky (wasn't Murray) and a trade: Jones, Engram and Sutton (or his Gallup if needed) for my White, McDonald and Kirk sounds "fairer" enough to get approved?

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

it's brings down the difference. sutton and kirk is a wash. engram is a TE1 and plays pretty much every snap. giants receiving core is decimated, he's their best option by far. McDonald isn't an every down TE and the coaching staff acknowledged he won't be a full time TE in Pitts. Jones over White as explained above.

#42 YOLO, Aug 23, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    NewRoxFan likes this.
  3. NewRoxFan

McDonald won't be an every down TE? Jesse James is gone, and the backup TEs are Xavier Grimble and Christian Scotland-Williamson.

Would switching from Sutton to Gallup make it "more fair"?

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

nope.

McDonald played a career-high 564 snaps in 2018, splitting time almost equally with James. Even though James is gone, offensive coordinator Randy Fichtner doesn't see him logging too many more snaps than that.

"He still won't," Fichtner said of McDonald's playing time increasing substantially this season.

"He's never going to play the full game. That's never going to happen."

https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2019/08/22/steelers-vance-mcdonald-playing-time-fdl/

gallup/sutton doesn't really matter. that's still the same tier of wr's for fantasy and another wash.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

OK, thanks. If a 3:3 trade don't work, is Jones enough of an upgrade over White to make a Jones and Gallup for White and Kirk worth the trade for me?

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

I would be in favor of being the person receiving jones/gallup. especially if you're trying to shore up your RB's as your first priority

NewRoxFan likes this.
  7. NewRoxFan

Again, thanks. btw,, I guess I am more optimistic about Kirk than you...

"5. Christian Kirk Will Catch More Passes Than Kenny Golladay
    Why This Is Bold: Christian Kirk is typically picked more than two rounds after Kenny Golladay.
    Why This Will Happen: The Cardinals are going to run a lot of plays this year. Or, at least, that's the hope.

Kliff Kingsbury's air-raid offense is fast-paced and pass-heavy. During his six years as Texas Tech's head coach, his offenses ranked no lower than ninth in pass-to-rush ratio, and they ranked outside the top-10 in plays run just once.

That favors all of the playmakers in the Arizona offense, including Kirk, who was low-key awesome last year in a horrific situation. Before a season-ending injury that left him out of the team's final four games, Kirk had seen 18.4% of Arizona's pass attempts go his way, and he was top-40 in the league in yards per route run, per Pro Football Focus. He ranked highest on the Cardinals in yards per route run last year...as a rookie.

Golladay -- I'm sorry, I mean Babytron -- is a hell of a talent, but the Lions want to run the football. During his seven years with the Seahawks, new Detroit offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell saw his offenses rank 24th or lower in neutral script pass-to-run ratio five times. So even though Golladay may project to see a higher share of targets in his offense versus Kirk, it's in an offense that should see fewer pass attempts."
    https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/news...m&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=dlvr.it_fi

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

not a fan of Arizona and their offense in fantasy. david johnson is the only player I'd consider for my teams at this point. They're still a prove it type thing for me. and with a rookie qb its a pretty easy choice for me. I tend to prefer the safer consistent ceilings route with my teams, while at the same time maximizing as much potential as I can.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  9. NewRoxFan

Ugh... he came back with Jordan Howard, Hines and Sutton for Kirk, Jamaal Williams and Trubisky. I rejected. While it slightly improves my bench RBs it weakens my starting Flex and takes away my backup QB insurance policy for Murray. He really wants Kirk and Trubisky but messaged me he doesn't want to rework previous trade with all the controversy that made him feel like an idiot.

10. NewRoxFan

I gotta get out of this league... the guy I was trading with just made this trade and it will be approved:
    Team 1
    Robert Woods LAR - WR

Christian McCaffrey Car - RB

Evan Engram NYG - TE

Team 2:
    Chris Godwin TB - WR

David Johnson Ari - RB

Hunter Henry LAC - TE

11. NewRoxFan

The reason my trade was vetoed was every player coming to me was supposedly better than the one I traded to the other player (though not even true (Kirk going to other team better than Sutton). Yet in this trade approved CMC > DJ, Robert Wood > Godwin, Engram > Henry. :mad:

12. NewRoxFan

New/different league and team (12 team, 1/2 pt)... Starters: Mayfield, CMC, Kerryon Johnson, Thielen, Landry, Njoku, Flex: Sony Michel, Flex: Philip Lindsey, Gostkowski, LAC. Bench: Brees, Guise, Ty Montgomery, Jamaal Williams, Stills.

Another team offered Calvin Ridley for Sony Michel. Is Guise enough of a backup in case of injury or bye to make this trade? Scoring wise I think Ridley is better than Michel but always worry about RBs.

13. The Stig

The Stig Member

Jeesh I like your team. Think you can eventually dump off some RBs for WRs like the one you mention but don't trade away Sony so early.

Kerryon's value took a hit after one his starting lineman went down yesterday or the day before. I'd keep an eye out on that.

Only thing I'm a bit concerned about is the over reliance of Cleveland. They have a growing issue in their OL and I think it's getting worse by the week.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

Thanks... yea, as much as I'd like Ridley I am thinking Sony is just too valuable.

btw, I didn't draft the team... it was an orphan team that I took over. The original owner must have been a CLE fan. I am OK with it but I am not a Baker fan (way overrated). And was hoping the Fournette owner might be tempted in a swap for Kerryon. ;)

15. NewRoxFan

16. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Does anyone think Josh Jacobs could end the year with rb1 level production?

17. NewRoxFan

He should get lots of volume if they can stay in games this season. I don't know if he would be in the top 12 of RBs though.

BaselineFade likes this.
  18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

This is my draft today in a 14 team league from the 4 spot. If at least one of these rookie running backs doesn't pan out i'll cry. I wanted Lamar Jackson but ended up with my WR1's quarterback.

RB - CAR
    Christian
    McCaffrey

(7)
    WR - TB
    Mike
    Evans

(7)
    RB - OAK
    Josh
    Jacobs

(6)
    WR - DET
    Kenny
    Golladay

(5)
    RB - PHI
    Miles
    Sanders

(10)
    WR - NE
    Josh
    Gordon

(10)
    DEF - CHI
    Chicago
    Bears

(6)
    RB - BAL
    Justice
    Hill

(8)
    QB - TB
    Jameis
    Winston

(7)
    RB - BUF
    Devin
    Singletary

(6)
    TE - BAL
    Mark
    Andrews

(8)
    TE - CHI
    Trey
    Burton

(6)
    QB - BUF
    Josh
    Allen

(6)
    WR - CHI
    Anthony
    Miller

(6)
    WR - BUF
    John
    Brown

BaselineFade likes this.
  19. NewRoxFan

Drafted a 10 team standard draft today: Cam Newton, Dalvin Cook, Devonte Freeman, DeAndre Hopkins, Tyler Lockett, Evan Engram, Flex Leonard Fournette, Butker, LAC and BEN: Michel, Ripley, Curtis Samuels, Barber and Jaylen Samuels. In this league everyone rosters a QB2, but since its a ten man league I usually avoid that to add another skill player.

Here's my question... since Cam is questionable for Game 1 (mild mid foot sprain) I am tempted to add a QB, just in case, even though everyone else already have two. The best QBs available are Cousins, Brady, and Josh Allen. MIN plays at home vs ATL so expect it to be a shoot out. I'd probably drop Cousins if (1) its clear Cam is playing or (2) after the game 1 and its clear Cam is 100%. I'd drop Jaylen Samuels to add Cousins. Is this a good move?

20. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I picked up Jacobs and Montgomery (Chicago). I'm hoping that Oakland has upgraded the offense enough that Jacobs has multiple goal line opportunities per game. I think he gets at least 20 touches per game as well. I've never watched Montgomery. I'm just hoping that the hype is real.

If Winston shows up this year you could have a very strong squad. Hopefully Jacobs pans out for both of us.