1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2019-20]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 5, 2019.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Samuels is probably not too deep a sleeper.

RBs:
    Justice Hill - BAL (not really deep sleeper, will compete with the Bus for Ingram backup)
    Dontrell Hilliard - CLE (will back up Chubb until Hunt)
    Brian Hill - ATL (great preseason, may replace Smith as Freeman backup)

WRs:
    Trey Quinn - WAS (WR1 for Redskins even if WAS struggles)
    Andy Isabella - ARI (ARI is the buzz offense)
    Randall Cobb - DAL (may get lots of slot looks, especially near goal line)

Pete the Cheat likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

rookie rb's should have some solid value. we all know rb's go down throughout the year all of the time or timeshares happen often. keep an eye for the rams, bears, kc back's. all in fantasy rb friendly systems and if given the opportunity to be the clear cut back due to whatever reason, can be every week starters

Pete the Cheat likes this.
  3. HTM

HTM Member

Too bad your trade didn't work out. I'm hoping Matt Ryan flies a bit under the radar in my league and I can grab him mid-to-late (maybe like 7/8 QB off the board). I think he is going to do great this year. If not I'll probably wait until the end and roll out a Philip Rivers or something. QB is stacked.

4. NewRoxFan

That's a good strategy. Since this was a 16 team league I drafted a QB early when a run started and ended up with Kyler Murray (and since I knew he was volatile I also drafted Trubisky). But most smaller leagues I'd bet waiting until 11th or later round you'd still get Rivers/Big Ben/Brady/Prescott and be in good shape.

5. HTM

HTM Member

Yea it's a 10 team league. I just looked and Matt Ryan went in the 8th last year in my league. I'd be comfortable with that. 13 games inside this year or something crazy. NFC south shoot outs. I think he is going to do excellent, like you said, if not, I'll just grab Rivers/Big Ben very late.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  6. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Just got done drafting. 12 team 1 pt PPR league:

QB: Deshaun Watson
    RB: Alvin Kamara
    RB2: James Conner
    WR1: AJ Green
    WR 2: Christian Kirk
    TE: George Kittle
    Flex: Damien Williams
    K: Justin Tucker
    Def: Colts
    B: Marques Valdes-Scantling
    B: Josh Gordon
    B: Trey Burton
    B Kalen Ballage
    B: Jerick McKinnon
    B: James Winston
    B Mike Badgley

Obviously the bench sucks but i have full confidence in finding talent on the waiver wire during the season.

7. NewRoxFan

Can you add the draft position and which picks went where?

8. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Sorry about that. It was an auction league draft

9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I would be happy with that draft. I have an auction this weekend and will likely end up with rivers and Stafford for $1 or $2 each unless i see a big value. Ryan, mayfield, or luck at extreme steals would also be ideal. How much was watson?

10. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

I got him for just $7

Astrodome likes this.
  11. Pete the Cheat

Your starters look strong, but isn't AJ Green out 6-8 weeks?

12. NewRoxFan

I'm guessing he is planning on starting MVS the first week or two until Josh Gordon is fully up to speed.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

Zeke still isn't satisfied who wants to be the highest. Is this going to be Bell 2.0 and ruin a lot of fantasy owners o_O

14. NewRoxFan

I suspect they will get a contract signed. If I had a top 4 pick I would draft him for sure. Unfortunately I always end up at the end of drafts... :(

15. NewRoxFan

So... the vetoed trade continues to be a discussion topic in my league, as a few other owners posted comments saying it wasn't collusion and a few even said the trade wasn't that one-sided. So the commissioner just posted the following:

So... any guesses what he might be suggesting as a way to make the trade go through? Again, the final agreed upon trade was:

Other team sends me:
    Matt Ryan
    Aaron Jones
    Evan Engram
    Courtland Sutton

I send to other team:
    James White
    Vance McDonald
    Christian Kirk
    Mitchell Trubisky

Would me removing the TE part (me keeping McDonald)? I'd be OK with that change. Or removing the QB part (me keeping Trubisky)? Seems the other owner was very focused on getting Trubisky (and laser-focused on getting Kirk).

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

my drafts are this weekend and im staying away from him personally as of now. I'll let him be someone else's problem the way things are going haha.

did the same with bell last year and stayed away

Melvin gordon isn't looking great either and is likely going to extend into the season

17. NewRoxFan

Agree on Gordon. I had him on two teams last year and had him on a team the year before, but agree he is a much bigger risk of sitting out (bad blood developing with team).

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

why are they considering it 1 sided? Its not like any superstars are changing teams. Looks fine to me

19. NewRoxFan

The commissioner said one team (mine) was getting getting the better of each of the four players in the trade, Ryan > Trubisky, Jones > White, Engram > McDonald, Sutton > Kirk (he was wrong on the WRs getting exchanged... Kirk is better than Sutton). IMO you can argue how much better each is (Trubisky second year leading an improving offense, last year he ended strong; White scored 12 TDs and Gronk is now gone; McDonald should score with James and Brown gone; ARI is seen as an ascending offense and Kirk is clear #1 receiver there). Commissioner wouldn't accept that argument, and said it bordered on collusion. :rolleyes:

That said, would removing either the QB or TE part of the trade make it "more fair"? Which would be better for me? And is it even worth proposing (my current roster: starters: Kyle Murray, Fournette, White, Hopkins, Cooks, McDomald, Kirk, John Brown and bench: Trubisky, Trequan Smith, Jamaal Williams, Ryquand Armstrong, Brian Hill, Trey Quinn)?
    @YOLO

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

the qb and rb are the biggest discrepancy. Matt Ryan is a every week top 5-10 QB1. murray a rookie is not and will struggle more times than not.

Aaron Jones is the lead back in a good offense, giving him a legit shot at RB1 value. James white is a backup or in a best case scenario in a timeshare with sony michel, limited both's ceiling in fantasy to maybe a RB2 or flex.

adjust one or both and the trade should go through easily

#40 YOLO, Aug 23, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2019