1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2019-20]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 5, 2019.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

Fantasy Football is coming up. We're about a month away til kickoff for the 19-20 NFL season!

Any advice or information from anyone will be very much appreciated here. Every year we've gotten good thoughts/insights here.

Good luck to everyone in their leagues!

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

pretty strange feeling to see Tom Brady not considered a clear cut QB1 anymore

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I am in a 16 team ppr league. Here's my team: QB: Kyler Murray, RB1: Fournette, RB2: James White, WR1: Hopkins, WR2: Cooks, TE: Vance McDonald, Flex 1: Christian Kirk, Flex 2: John Brown: Bench: Trequan Smith, Trubisky, Gerald Everett, Jamaal Williams, Rygand Amrstead, Brian Hill.

Just got this trade offer: my James White, Christian Kirk, Vance McDonald, and Trubisky for his Aaron Jones, Evan Engram, Courtland Sutton, and Andy Dalton. I get stronger at RB2 and TE, weaker at Flex WR and backup QB. Also avoids a bye week prob of both starting RBs on bye week 10 (though that issue is weeks away).

Hoping I can get some eyes on this trade offer... seems good to me, is there anything I am missing?

UPDATE: Owner canceled his offer and improved it very slightly: my James White, Christian Kirk, Vance McDonald, and Trubisky for his Aaron Jones, Evan Engram, Robby Anderson, and Andy Dalton. I'd have to be all-in on Kyler Murray since Dalton minus AJ Green is even worst than normal Dalton.

Any advice appreciated!

#3 NewRoxFan, Aug 18, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Kyle Murray as your season QB1?

5. NewRoxFan

With that question I am guessing you think trading away Trubisky would be a bad idea? :oops:

This guy is persistent if nothing else. He has sent about 5 different versions of a similar trade offer... basically all trying to get one of my QBs to be his backup (he has Matt Ryan as QB1), and getting Christian Kirk. So feedback?

While I'd love to upgrade my RB2 from James White to Aason Jones, and my TE from McDonald to Engram, I don't know if its worth trading Kirk (and the possible ARI stack) and going from Trubisky to Dalton.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah, I don't think you should be comfortable with him being your main qb every week. I would honestly try to upgrade your qb's to someone with higher weekly ceilings if possible, unless youre just planning to flip bw the two based on matchups as the season goes on. I'd rather have Trubisky than dalton

7. NewRoxFan

LOL, the owner must really want Trubisky and Kirk. He is now offering Jones, Engram, Taylor Gabriel or Mo Sanu, and MATT RYAN for my James White, Christian Kirk, Vance McDonald, and Trubisky. I want to get a bit more as WR (ask for Robby Anderson, settle for Courtland Sutton).

Thoughts now?

8. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

About to do an auction league for the first time in years. Should I go Studs and Duds route or try to get a bunch of 2/3 round picks?

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

I'd do it now. Matt Ryan is a huge upgrade to what you had. you're also upgrading your TE, though I do like mcdonald for value to where hes being drafted. aaron jones is a better play over james white. pretty much a win in all areas. i don't think the owner knows what hes doing lol

Astrodome and NewRoxFan like this.
  10. NewRoxFan

I countered with Sutton in place of Mo Sanu. He accepted. Now just have to hope the Commissioner doesn't reject it. But despite what it seems maybe Kirk is the next Julio Jones, and Trubisky plays as well or better than he did the last part of 2018. And McDonald could have the huge jump and be Gronk 2.

My new lineup: Matt Ryan, DeAndre Hopkins, Brandin Cooks, Leonard Fournette, Aaron Jones, Evan Engram, Courtney Sutton, John Brown and my bench: Tre'quan Smith, Jamaal Williams (Jones cuff), Ryquan Armstead (Fournette cuff), Brian Hill (maybe Freeman's cuff), Gerald Everett, and Kyler Murray.

I can compete in a 16 team league with that lineup.

YOLO likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

League commissioner vetoed the trade. Said it was so one sided it bordered on collusion. Said he was getting complaints from other owners saying he should veto. Said it was ridiculous sorry I was upset and I should just keep playing. It was clear other owner in trade was also upset with the veto.

Shaking my head...

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol of course it was one sided.

13. NewRoxFan

So... one sided trades should all get vetoed? And who is to know if McDonald outscored Engrams since he has a better QB and offense, and no Jesse James to split time with and no Antonio Brown in the offense? And who is to say James White doesn't have 12 TDs again in a PPR league? And who is to say Trubisky doesn't make the next jump in a loaded offense?

I took 20 messages and 10 trade offers from the other coach over the past day. Huge waste of time and yea... I am grumpy. And to suggest collusion...

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

from a fantasy perspective yes they should. haha. it was a pretty big discrepancy and why i mentioned that owner didn't know what he was doing :)

15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Tweak it and make him veto it again. I hate vetos but i have never had one vetoed. Throw in one of your handcuffs and make him drop one of his scrubs.

16. NewRoxFan

People make bad trades all the time. One year I traded Legarrette Blount for Larry Fitzgerald. Blount went on to score 1,000 TDs that year and Larry went into a second half doldrum.

But worst, now I won't be making any trades in that league. Either owners won't trade since I "collude" or I will be too gun-shy to even offer a trade. Because it "might favor me".

I think no trade should be vetoed unless its a clear act of collusion. And no, a trade favoring one side isn't collusion.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

youre talking about a single player. that trade above literally was one side downgrading in every single facet from the beginning and its clear cut lol

and that's part of fantasy. fitz still had a good half of the year when nobody thought he would. the owner may have needed wr help and had a ton of rbs to expend. it all depends on what the owner needs. your example had every position matched up and to an upgraded player. completely unrelated. gotta disagree with the no trade should be vetoed. if i was in that league i surely would of done the same, but since you asked for advice, and it changed to such a landslide I said do it, knowing that owner was clueless lol

#17 YOLO, Aug 19, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  18. NewRoxFan

Actually, the one player he included in every one of the 20 different trade offers was Christian Kirk. Who is better than Courtland Sutton who was the WR I got in return.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

the upgrade from getting matt ryan and aaron jones was a joke man. theres just no milking that. kirk and sutton are like both wr4's or lower with very limited ceilings. not exactly a big part of the deal and neither can clearly separate themselves from each other

20. Pete the Cheat

going into a 12 team keeper league draft tomorrow. would be interested to hear everyone's short list for deep sleepers.
    Been targetting Jaylen Samuels as a hand-cuff for Conner in Pittsburgh. Maybe not a "deep" one, as he put up great production when Conner was injured last season RB 50 right now on yahoo