1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

trump's nativist/racist tweets

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jul 14, 2019.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Keep in mind Mueller will be testifying to the House Committee in the near future.

Trump will say or do anything to keep us distracted.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

More fox & friends for trump... the racist-in-chief quoting trump defender jason chaffetz excusing trump's racist tweet as "defending himself"...

3. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

You seem to act like it's the worst thing in the world. It isn't. Which doesn't make it good, of course.

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

They really should leave. I would suggest certain posters here go abroad some too in order to gain a better understanding of the rich culture they express hate for on a daily basis.

mick fry and BruceAndre like this.
  5. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Fortunately, I have not had to undergo such thought policing and discrimination. In fact, I don't think I would work in a place that made it mandatory to attend such "classes."

6. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

7. havoc1

havoc1 Member

So logically Donald Trump should also have left since he was a loud complainer during the Obama years? Clearly he didn't appreciate the rich culture/country he lived in right? Surely you'll be consistent in your criticisms...

It's amazing to me that critiquing a culture is somehow a bad thing. Thank goodness civil rights activists didn't have your attitude towards change.

JayGoogle and FranchiseBlade like this.
  8. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

The solution to this is to move to places where there are jobs.

dachuda86 likes this.
  9. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

mick fry likes this.
  10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

There are two observations:

1- Trump said crazy things at a regularly and constant interval
    2- Crazy things are happening at a regular and constant interval under the Trump Admin

Put those two together and the two events regularly collides. That can lead to the impression that he purposely trying to distract, when in fact, it's unavoidable that the two will sometime distract from each other.

I would suggest that people notice but not insert extra meaning. The observations show that Trump lies, he doesn't understand much of anything, he believe in things he see on TV (and we all know what is his favorites shows), he's so crazy in love with himself that his ego want to go into hiding but can't, he is uncivil, he does not speak logically or coherently, so on.... the extra add-on is he's some master planner and knows exactly what he is doing - It's an illusion, one that the public and media is feeding into and his supporters love.

#330 Amiga, Jul 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  11. mick fry

mick fry Member

Like a fiddle.

BruceAndre and dachuda86 like this.
  12. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

He even puts Israel 1st in his tweets. SMH.

sirbaihu likes this.
  13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Most people - "If you don't like something about America, work within the system to change it. Become involved in your community. Run for office. Be the change."

President Trump - "If you don't like America, leave"

Deckard, mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Do you remember how loud the "love america or leave it" crowd was during the Bush years?

This is basically "Republicans' Greatest Hits" material.

15. bobrek

Oh...that crowd will always exist. This is the first time the leader has publicly led the charge

Deckard and Amiga like this.
  16. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

But for too many of our citizens, a different reality exists: Mothers and children trapped in poverty in our inner cities; rusted-out factories scattered like tombstones across the landscape of our nation; an education system, flush with cash, but which leaves our young and beautiful students deprived of knowledge; and the crime and gangs and drugs that have stolen too many lives and robbed our country of so much unrealized potential.

This American carnage stops right here and stops right now.

17. adoo

adoo Member

Trump is a Racist to the core

George Conway

I thought Trump was boorish, dim-witted, inarticulate, incoherent, narcissistic and insensitive. He’s a pathetic bully but an equal-opportunity bully — in his uniquely crass and crude manner, he’ll attack anyone he thinks is critical of him. No matter how much I found him ultimately unfit, I still gave him the benefit of the doubt about being a racist. No matter how much I came to dislike him, I didn’t want to think that the president of the United States is a racial bigot.

But Sunday left no doubt; he is a racial bigot to the core

Naivete, resentment and outright racism, roiled in a toxic mix, have given us a racist president. Trump could have used vile slurs, including the vilest of them all, and the intent and effect would have been no less clear. Telling four non-white members of Congress — American citizens all, three natural-born — to “go back” to the “countries” they “originally came from”? That’s racist to the core. It doesn’t matter what these representatives are for or against — and there’s plenty to criticize them for — it’s beyond the bounds of human decency. For anyone, not least a president.

What’s just as bad, though, is the virtual silence from Republican leaders and officeholders. They’re silent not because they agree with Trump. Surely they know better. They’re silent because, knowing that he’s incorrigible, they have inured themselves to his wild statements; because, knowing that he’s a fool, they don’t really take his words seriously and pretend that others shouldn’t, either; because, knowing how damaging Trump’s words are, the Republicans don’t want to give succor to their political enemies; because, knowing how vindictive, stubborn and obtusely self-destructive Trump is, they fear his wrath.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/opinions-george-conway-trump-is-a-racist-president/ar-AAEn2Sv

18. mick fry

mick fry Member

19. bobrek

Not sure what that has to do with my post or with the President saying if you don't like things, leave.

20. mick fry

mick fry Member

Pretty sure that’s what he did.

BruceAndre likes this.