1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

trump's nativist/racist tweets

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jul 14, 2019.

1. mick fry

mick fry Member

Who hate America.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So..what country are they supposed to go back to?

Eric Riley likes this.
  3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

bigotexx wouldn't call them "racist". And now begins the twisted explanation.

Eric Riley likes this.
  4. mick fry

mick fry Member

Well I haven’t really done a lot of research on these women but AOC would be PR and the MN rep your former homeland Somalia I believe.

5. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Trump's actions as President have led to good results. Hard to deny that. Strong stock market, tax relief, prison reform, focus on opioid crisis, putting China in their place regarding their technology transfer abuse, etc. I care about ACTIONS, not words or outward appearances. Bill Clinton is a rapist, but he's a "nice guy", therefore acceptable to you?

BleedsRocketRed likes this.
  6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

PR is part of the United States. So that isn't a different country.

7. bobrek

AOC was born in NY. Two of the others were born in the USA and Omar came here when she was 10. So...what countries should they go back to?

Eric Riley likes this.
  8. mick fry

mick fry Member

I understand but we are talking about origins. Btw I was referring to you being from MN not Somalia. Trumps tweets need to stop but the Libs love making a mountain out of a mole hill.

9. bobrek

I'm from Houston and if we are taking about origins then I would need to go to Poland to fix their problems before I can complain about America's problems. And again...I have voted conservative in every single electon since 1976.

10. mick fry

mick fry Member

Should have said former residence didn’t know you were originally from Houston. You aren't a rep that’s helping to guide the direction of a lost party against everything Trump no matter how well he’s done.
    I know you claim to be a conservative but always seem to defend the left and their views.

#50 mick fry, Jul 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

No. Because this is where the republican party is right now...

A reminder that Rubin is a republican...

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He is essentially saying these people should leave the country because he doesn't like their politics and because they are the children or descendants of immigrants. This is racist. What he said about those other countries is a separate matter.

13. durvasa

They are Americans. They are elected officials of this country. Why should they travel to their ancestral country of origin before tackling the problems they were elected to deal with here? Their business is here, not there.

joshuaao and Eric Riley like this.
  14. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I didn't read anything after this, because after this is your logic leap, connecting dots in your head to fit your own desired narrative. Sorry, just being honest...

15. mick fry

mick fry Member

Then why make it about race as everything you all do? If a radical member was from say the Ukraine would that destroy your narrative?

16. durvasa

Considering you didn't read my post, that's quite a leap you are making.

joshuaao likes this.
  17. bobrek

Here is the problem...for the past many years we have had a great divide in this country. Also, each side has to win. It has gotten worse through Bush Jr and Obama and now Trump. What we need is a leader who says "we have a great divide in this country and congress. I challenge Nancy Pelosi to fix it in the house and McConnell in the Senate. I challenge them to meet with me so we can all work together to determine how best to fix the divide."

Instead we have the self acclaimed world's greatest deal maker, constantly making fun of those who oppose him. We have him attacking 4 minority women, all US citizens and three of the them born in this country. There are white males who have "attacked" him and the country as well, yet he doesn't tell them to go back to their country. We do not want either party walking in lockstep to oppose or agree with Trump. We want them doing what's best for our country. Sometime you win, sometimes you lose and sometimes you compromise. There is no shame in that, yet the President seems to take it personal if he "loses".

I take the time to understand the other side's argument. I don't have to agree with it, but I need to understand it. I will defend whichever side I think is right and works to improve my family's situation or the country's situation. Sometimes one is more important to me than the other. I take great pride when someone questions if I am a liberal or a conservative. I think that's a win and one which we should all be proud to win.

18. durvasa

Are you asking me would him telling a Ukranian-American with radical politics to go back to the Ukraine destroy my "narrative" of the type of person he is? No, it would not. That would be consistent with the type of person I think he is.

19. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why would someone who hates America seek office in its government? Aren’t there easier ways to hate America than to submit oneself to the nightmare that is political campaigning?

Eric Riley and Deckard like this.
  20. WNBA

WNBA Member

Trump twitted they should go back to "the worst, most corrupt and inept” countries..... all of the target countries turned out to be USA.
    to me Trump hates America more than anyone

Eric Riley and Deckard like this.