1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ocasio-Cortez tweets and other news

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Aug 26, 2018.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

They also support silencing opposition because no one likes their policies and an actual debate is all it takes to discredit them and expose them. If they can't silence them, they'll label them so most of their core supporters will automatically ignore them and possibly even act out violence against them.

BruceAndre likes this.
  2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

The difference is there's only like 4 AOCs. There's a bajillion tea party lunatics.

#2042 DonnyMost, Jul 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    FranchiseBlade and Deckard like this.
  3. HTM

HTM Member

I guess Democratic Rep. Lacy Clay of Missouri is "garbage" too.

"Clay, a member of the Congressional Black Caucus, fumed at Ocasio-Cortez and the group of progressive lawmakers that includes Reps. Rashida Tlaib(Mich.), Ilhan Omar (Minn.) and Ayanna Pressley (Mass.).

“What a weak argument, because you can’t get your way and because you’re getting pushback you resort to using the race card? Unbelievable.
    "

https://www.theroot.com/missouri-rep-lacy-clay-blasts-aoc-for-using-the-race-1836297417

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

biff17 likes this.
  4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

As Donny pointed out, there aren't remotely as many AOC's as there are right-wing extremists. I wouldn't call AOC a "left-wing extremist," but that's my opinion. I'm making the comparison, as Donny did, for your benefit.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's ironic that you call AOC stupid but you don't know what a false dichotomy is.

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I don't think you realize the threat of the far left and I think you have become hoodwinked like many in the us.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The only ones hoodwinked are those that talk about "the threat of the far left" with a straight face.

I guess brainwashing does work.

8. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Puerto Rico is a worthless island. Time to cut them off.

dachuda86 likes this.
  9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Everything looks far right when you've gone out to left field, out of the fair zone, into the audience, out of the stadium, and into the parking lot.

10. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

No matter how far left I am, I won't be talking about the threat from people who have different political viewpoints who happen to still care enough about the United States to be involved in doing what they think is right and will help America.

They just have different ideas on how to do that.

jcf likes this.
  11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Good to see you looking out for your fellow Americans.

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

But muh imperialism bad.

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. The preachy far left have essentially adopted a new religion and want to shape America in its image, and essentially destroy key elements. Sorry, but when you have a group, and maybe not you, but the far left these days, who want to destroy our border, flood the country with cheap labor to the detriment of the American dream of U.S. citizens, erode free speech, erode gun rights, erode press rights, and grand stand on hypocritical notions in the name of their various SJW pet causes, you have a group of people who fundamentally hate the United States, what is stands for, and the key reasons it is the greatest country in the world today. People who claim to love it, actually want to install a utopian vision.This happens on the far right too, believe me. Anyone who is comfortable with the far left and far right are fooling themselves. None of this takes us to utopia or a better place.

We've seen a drastic uptick in political violence in the modern climate and much of it, whether you want to admit it or not, is coming from the left. If you're not hep to this, I can't help you.

BruceAndre likes this.
  14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Please point to the stats that show how much political violence comes from the left verses the right.

You support and defend the leader of the party who has repeatedly called for and supported political violence against his political opponents. So it seems hard to believe that you have a genuine concern about the political violence, but are instead searching for a way to bash those who have a different vision of America and its history and what it means to uphold the nation's ideals.

15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

That has little to do with supporting our fellow Americans.

16. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Eh, deflection is not just a river in Egypt. :D

King1 likes this.
  17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Well done. Throw this one on Trump... lol

As for violence, you need to read the news across a variety of sources to understand what is happening. It's not but every week you see these little antifa weirdos assaulting people across the western world. And no, the far right are no angels but you're in denial if you don't see it or you don't read enough.

King1 likes this.
  18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

That seems to be part of the problem. I understand that political violence does happen from the left. I have read the stories.

But for either you or I to look at individual stories and apply them to the whole or even a majority is where there is a problem. To then make statements like the left is equal in their political violence without actual studies to back that up is also a mistake and isn't sound. That statement isn't backed up by individual stories.

So let's talk about the political violence of Antifa. They almost all happen in Berkley or Portland. That isn't a wide swath of America. Then if you read about it and dig a little deeper, you see that the protests of thousands are almost all peaceful with only a tiny percentage of the people there who are from Antifa or the anarchists causing the problems. So even there it isn't a majority that engages in political violence.

If you have stories that are actually researched that show the equivalence that the left engages in political violence equally, then I will be happy to take a look at it.

As I said, I doubt you are actually concerned about it for any other reason than to use it as a weapon against those with whom you disagree. It seems that you have an opinion read singular anecdotal stories that reinforce that opinion and then act like it's backed up and factual because of those anecdotal stories.

I'll be happy to admit that I'm wrong about that if you produce studies that back up your claims and start condemning leaders and presidents who advocate and support using violence against political opponents.

19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

We all remember that the Communist revolutions were leftist/progressive revolutions. "The worker" and "the farmer" took over.

Russia: Aristocracy and wealth were systematically and totally destroyed as wealth was redistributed to the government.

China: Attacked the landlord class; promised equality for women; college students ran BUCK wild like you can't imagine: universities were consumed with student protests and demonstrations every single day, teachers and elders were publicly humiliated and even beaten for "old thought," "old culture" such as statues were destroyed with hammers all over the country, wealth was redistributed to the government.

Russia and China were anti-capitalist revolutions by the "worker"/"farmer." They pumped up the intelligence "community" until it was virtually running the country. The Russian and Chinese leftist revolutions didn't turn out so well. Just a reminder what the best intentions can lead to.

dachuda86 likes this.
  20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

https://www.theblaze.com/news/terro...ington-is-killed-in-confrontation-with-police

News outlets are largely silent about this because they love giving terror group antifa a free pass. Here you go. This is what happens when you drum up hyperbolic politic rhetoric. You get terror attacks.