1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gubernatorial Candidate refuses to allow female reporter to interview him alone

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Riz, Jul 11, 2019.

?

[Read post BEFORE voting] CF dudes, Where do you stand?

1. Completely Agree with Him

2. Partially Agree with Him

3. Completely Disagree with Him

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Buck Turgidson

"Every accusation a confession."

Ottomaton and London'sBurning like this.
  2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How is it that they would be the only ones on the bus? I mean doesn't he travel with his staff?

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You really don't like women do you?

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Every single woman is out to get him

5. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Yes, and vaccinations will turn kids autistic, gay, and transgender.

6. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Aaron Schock says, "¡Hola! novia", and Ted Haggard would love to say hi but he's busy cleaning his kitchen for the 13th time today.

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Smart man knows how to sleep well. Don't put yourself in a risky position.

8. likestohypeguy

Just keep a body cam rolling, you're good.

biff17 likes this.
  9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Islamists were right.

Wait wut...

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

This is far from that. "Journalists" have become far too politically active these days and with false accusations going around, and a believe all wamen attitude becoming pervasive as a tool to ruin people and get them cancelled from culture, I'd say it is far more different than some brands of Islamic dogma. One accusation to some people is enough to ruin their life, true or not. It's his choice and you should respect his freedom to make it.

11. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I understand his reasoning and empathize with him. As a healthcare provider, I'll leave the door cracked open any time I'm with a minor alone to protect myself from liability. I've had colleagues get burned by trying to provide privacy. It's damaging to your reputation and livelihood by being falsely accused.

David Schwimmer was praised by everyone for offering a third party witness to a female interviewer for her and his safety. Yet now this guy is wrong because of his faith and politics.

dachuda86 likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah that is what I am getting at. I don't care the reason why, but the fact that he wants to be a public figure but refuses to be alone in a room with a woman is absurd. He points to Reverend Billy Graham was born over 100 years ago. This isn't the same world that existed a century ago.

Deckard likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

A healthcare provider is different than someone that is running for public office. Not to mention a minor is different than a grown woman.

He isn't wrong because of his faith and politics. If a Democrat did the same people would have issues. If he wants to misconstrue Christianity that is on him.

14. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I don't think the situations with you are similar. As a Scout Leader, we have 2 deep leadership and no one on one contact, but that is because they are children.

And he isn't offering a witness. He's requiring her to provide one just in case they end up alone. But if it is a man, he doesn't need a witness. He could have a camera or audio recorder if he was actually concerned.

Nook likes this.
  15. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

With the whole #metoo movement, people are actually criticizing this guy?

cml750 likes this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

Yes and rightfully so.

He should not hold state wide office if he is afraid to be alone in a room with 50% of the population.... and he has multiple reasons for feeling the way he does.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  17. biff17

biff17 Member

No your view is not clear, maybe I misconstrued it.

Can you elaborate on you view.

18. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I've had friends keep doors open for adult women, too. One has had many women make passes at him and get accused of sexual misconduct. I don't have that problem since I'm not attractive enough, but same thing applies.

He's not saying he will never interview with a woman. That's different than the Middle East where they view women as inferior.

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Wait what? Seems to me the undercurrent of this story is that males can't be trusted alone in a room with a woman (in this case, a woman reporter).

But why would women be the only people that may have "malicious intent"? Couldn't a male reporter come out and accuse the governor (or the vice president, in the case of pence) and make up a story that a pass or even sexual move was made? Or a male reporter with "malicious intent" make any other kind of false accusation?

After all, its not like the reporter was part of Project Veritas setting up the governor with a video sting...

This reporter (who happened to be a woman) is being prevented to doing her job simply because she is a she. And likely because pence (or pence's wife), or in this case, the governor doesn't trust his own behavior around a woman?

Deckard likes this.
  20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

My significant other, early in her career, was a counselor at a methadone clinic. I asked her about the door thingy. She said she always closed the door, of course, as she should have. It never occurred to her to leave it open. She was discussing very private things with an individual. If that person happened to be a guy, so what? This is getting ridiculous, in my opinion. Both Pence and this governor are setting a bad example for others.