1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WOJ: BREAKING Westbrook to Houston for CP3 & Picks!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Xerobull, Jul 11, 2019.

1. likestohypeguy

Haha that's why it stuck in my mind. That sign and that smile, for how close he is... that dude has more balzak than I.

hakeem94 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

its not wrong. i posted this already that this leads to part of his horrible decision making and inefficiency. he'll try to take it vs multiple defenders and something along the lines of a turnover or bad shot transpires. every once and awhile you can sprinkle in his dunk but that;s nothing but a wow factor exaggerated. its 2 pts. relax lol

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You stickin’ with the line under Williamson, Williamson? Something tells me that DEYONTA ONLY FAN may have a short shelf life after this deal. I don’t know what you’ll come up with, but I’m guessing it’ll be something. ;-)

jcf and D-rock like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Woj:

Did not want this to linger. Aggressive this week, searching for partners. Houston/Miami derby, Detroit with some interest. Houston/OKC came to terms today & this was done as soon as this auction started.

More to come with CP3?

I believe so. Thunder will talk with his agent, try to get a sense of what he'd like to have happen here. 3 years, $124M left on his contract. They're headed toward a rebuild. It'll be a short list of teams, starting & ending with Miami. There could be a conversation had, otherwise OKC will start the season with Chris Paul. At this point, he wants to win. He doesn't have that with the Thunder.

raining threes, ROXTXIA and Vivi like this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

is clint a guard? what in the world does clint have to do with this? if anything that makes the fit even worse. now you have 2 guys in the line up who cant spread the floor for a team that prioritizes spacing.

look at your post. like @Deckard said you really are as dense as a backboard.

AroundTheWorld and Deckard like this.
  6. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

So we top 3 seed again?

7. jowman

jowman Member

If anything this guy hates the jazz as much as us rockets fans

8. Mr. Space City

Rockets get an MVP!!!!

Triple Doubles!!!!

Kim likes this.
  9. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Capela you better Fn work right now.

10. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Lmao exactly

Sajan and HoustonCRT like this.
  11. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Damn never thought of this.

Welcome home, Russ.

AroundTheWorld, Kim and Bids9 like this.
  12. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

When will Kevin Durant be available for a trade?

likestohypeguy likes this.
  13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Hope he is

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Stephen A.:

I love it. Puts Houston right back in the mix. Relationship wasn't ideal at the end (CP3/Harden). Chris clearly wanted out even though he didn't say so publicly. Reuniting with Westbrook makes them formidable. ... Houston is in the mix. This move had to be made. No problem with Houston making it. They're right back in title contention. My only question is can Mike D'Antoni coach them? Can he coach them in the manner they need to be coached to get over the hump? I see no other questions.

How do they coexist?

This is Harden's team. He's a better perimeter shooter. You take that into consideration. Westbrook is coming to Harden's team but that won't be a challenge. They're boys. They're tight. This comes down to D'Antoni. ... Fertitta won't tolerate much. He has expectations & wants to win. That's why Chris is gone & Russell is there. No question about their offense & talent. Question is whether D'Antoni can get them over the hump, which he hasn't done in Phoenix, NY, LA or Houston. Can he pull it off?

JW86, BigMaloe, Hakeemtheking and 3 others like this.
  15. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol it was a point that not every player has to be able to shot. I just said gainnis u gonna ignore that fact..or Simmons who team got to the west finals n lost a game 7. Harden is a shooter, tucker is a shooter, Gordon is a shooter. So 2 guys arent in your line up. Point is he can drive n kick on this team. U know to tucker not grant lol...to harden not Schroder lol, to Gordon..

16. likestohypeguy

Oh it's a lateral move in many respects, but I'd rather go down with our new set of problems than old.

OmegaSupreme likes this.
  17. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

edit: bah, nm. I don't like this trade bc i think even an old CP3 is better than WB...but ultimately if CP3 accepted this trade bc he knew his skills were decreasing and thought WB was still better than him, then I'll tip my hat to him.

likestohypeguy likes this.
  18. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Again russ ability to run in transition is elite.....I missed fast break points. Seems like we been last for 2 3 years in the league...not anymore I promise u that

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

you said giannis and what do they surround him with. shooters? simmons, what do they surround him with, take a guess, shooters. my god, how slow can you be. none of these are even helping your so called case. they actually dispel them. i really didnt know being dense could be this bad

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Why people want Capela traded for Love now? I don't understand this...there are no centers left to replace him and if you add Love to Harden and Westbrook your defense is going to be trash.

I hope the Rockets move Shumpert and the minimum guys to get a good defender at the 3 or 4 able to play the 5 in a small lineup.