1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook to Miami talks intensifying.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockets13champs, Jul 10, 2019.

1. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

Not going to lie I like good dialogue so I'm not offended. You have to remember the front office are the ones that were talking about fireworks and being aggressive. Talking about they are going to upgrade the roster. I follow the rockets 24/7 it's no Texans football for me. You have to upgrade your roster every year if you are trying to win. This team is not good enough to run it back again. I'm the 10 percent that would of traded Paul for westbrook. I also wouldn't trade a first round pick every year just to save money. All of these people like me on clutchfans are pissed cause the rockets are the ones running their mouths and now that it's time to put up they aren't doing ****.

Roxfan4lyfe likes this.
  2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Why do some remote quotes infuriate you so much?

Like legit, if you never read the article or seen the quote you wouldn't give 2 shiits about "fireworks".

But it's become a hive mentality talking point and this phrase has become some type of martyr.

The offseason isn't over. We dont know who we may or may not sign.

The season hasnt started. We dont know who we may sign or trade for.

The playoffs arent here. We dont know what team we are going to war with yet.

It's all arbitrary nonsense bickering over words said, by 2 guys who are supposed to promote interest and positivity towards the new season.

Something of this effect is said every damn year.

But this year we are angry because we "hyoed" ourselves up on butler and faltered.

NotInMyHouse and jordnnnn like this.
  3. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Westbrook to Miami seems to be the most popular/likely destination at this point.

But just curious what everyone thought about Westbrook to Toronto? Westbrook (38mil) for Gasol (25mil) & Powell (9mil). Toronto adds 2 or 3 future firsts.

OKC incentive will be for the first round picks & saves 5 million in salary. Powell contract runs for 3 years at a reasonable price.

Raptors retool with a starting lineup of

Lowry
    Westbrook
    OG
    Siakam
    Ibaka

with FVF, Meeks on the bench, but will need to acquire front court depth. IMO this team looks savage defensive, especially if Westbrook buys in. Prob not a top 2 team but could compete for home court and be entertaining.

4. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

You act like I'm over here punching holes in my wall. As a fan I'm not happy with them just sitting on their ass and not improving the team. No the offseason isnt over but the "great morey" said it best.. this is an arms race. I feel as a fan that the aren't aggressive or creative enough. Your not going to change my mind that's my opinion. I'm not tripping on butler he didn't want to come here so you move on. You also cant offer every player league minimum contracts and hope they will sign because you want flexibility.

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

JB goes to Miami to be "the guy", shortly after WB arrives and JB will demand a trade. Haha

steddinotayto likes this.
  6. BigMaloe

Wait... are you implying that Morey, of all people, is not creative or aggressive enough?

The guy introduced poison pill contracts. He was the first to implement double sided pick protections. He found the loophole of grandfathered non guaranteed contracts from the old cba having value in the new cba in order to obtain cp3 for like 6 random scrubs to make the salary work. Hes probably the most creative GM in the league.

He goes after every single star available. Hes made a trade every trade deadline hes been a gm except 1. We are literally rumored with damn near every decent player available in trade or free agency, regardless of cap space. The guy is as aggressive as they come.

You can say he isnt nearly as successful. Hes made plenty of mistakes. But to say our front office isnt creative or aggressive enough is fuucking bonkers imo.

You know why we are only offering minimum contracts right now? Because that's probably all that's left on the market. We retained house using our mle. We probably offered the entirety left of it to a slew of players who likely chose elsewhere.

I can think of 2 players I'd give more than the minimum right now and that's Justin Holiday and a maybe to trey lyles. If anyone is worth more than the minimum in your opinion that is left on the market, please let me know, because I dont see it.

The Knicks, Lakers and a few other teams with some cap space sucked up allllll the quality role players by offering inflated 2 year deals in order to preserve cap space for that year.

7. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

I checked out after the first paragraph. Let's just agree to disagree

8. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

By the way it wasnt just 6 random scrubs if the clippers offered you bev Lou trez snd a 1st round pick to take back cp3 would you do it? Ofcourse you would dm is overrated

9. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

I agree, and have posted as such in other threads, but it was a risk worth taking. We came oh so close, but yes the Clippers in hindsight won that deal now.

ballsohard likes this.
  10. BigMaloe

"i LiKe DiAlOgUe"
    Your right, it took bev, Lou and a 1st to acquire cp3. But guess fuucking what, it's not enough salary via the cba.

So morey found a way, to acquire about 6 scrubs that were nonguarenteed contracts from the previous cba, that were "grandfathered" into the new cba which allowed their salary to count towards a trade; which only guaranteed money counts towards trades now.

Harrell got added because the league office said the salary was a couple thousand short of complying the cba, and there was minutes left until the deadline for cp3 to opt in, so Harrell got added to make it work.

I would not want bev, lou and a 1st for cp3. If I trade cp3 it's for an actual upgrade not 2 nickels equalling my dime.

I'm out this convo, your lacking in actual intelligent conversating skills.

11. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

I still think HOU won the trade...but lost the extension negotiation with CP3.

Fyreball likes this.
  12. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

LOL the irony. It's "you're", not your. And "conversating" is not a word.

13. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

Your an ****ing idiot are you an intern for morey or is that you Tillman

14. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

You must be in your mom's basement with all the time in the world to type 20 paragraphs for every rebuttal. I don't have time to read a James Dickens novel bro. I do like dialogue but I dont like wasting my time. So I'm going to play like mutombo and block your dumb ass

15. lionaire

lionaire Member

Damn @BigMaloe went in whewwww. Nothing but facts.

BigMaloe likes this.
  16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It's called hindsight for a reason, dude. At the time of the trade, the Rockets won the deal. CP3 is a once-in-a-generation talent, and you had to roll the dice. It can be argued that the Rockets won the deal simply by how close they came to taking down the best team ever assembled. But looking back on it NOW, after 2 years of the trade, yes, the Clippers won the trade. But to claim that Daryl Morey is OVERRATED because he maximized our chance at winning a title is kind of asinine.

17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I wonder if Pat Riley would decline to trade for a point guard making $38 million next year for another point guard making $38 million next year but the latter one requires fewer assets....?

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

This is a fair, and reasonable take. The TRADE is not what people are upset about, nor is it the reason for all this disdain. Like BigMaloe said, we traded away a bunch of nickels for a full quarter. You don't trade that quarter to get back nickels....you trade the quarter for a dollar. The EXTENSION on the other hand, that's where you can argue that had the Rockets offered a 3 year deal instead of 4, or some other way to mitigate having to pay CP3 $40+M when he's 36, they would have come out of the deal as the clear-cut winners. Instead, we're stuck having to navigate 3 more years owing a breaking down version of CP3 $120+M.

PlayBall likes this.
  19. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

How is trading every first round pick because you signed a player to a bad contract for another player that wont play maximizing our chances of winning

20. BigMaloe

It's fair to say, both teams came out ahead after the trade.

Rockets were going all in for the next few years and the clippers were trying to retool. Both got exactly what they wanted.

Rockets were fuucking close to winning everything 2 years ago and had a pretty good shot last year. We will see what this year and next brings us. We won that trade for us.

Clippers got young talent and built a culture. They gained flexibility for the the future and Hope's for a retool. They just acquired pg13 and Kawhi. They won for them.

Both teams won the trade. That's how it is sometimes. Not every trade is a Harden, "big3" to Brooklyn type of robbery.