1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ocasio-Cortez tweets and other news

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Aug 26, 2018.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

How did Trump win?

2. Fantasma Negro

I didn't say anything about Trump. Homeland security has been begging Congress for funds to expand the "camps" She voted against bills that would improve the conditions and the gets on tv and complains about the conditions. Defend that without mentioning Trump

3. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Good to see the conservatives in the thread have not gotten over their AOC derangement syndrome.

4. fchowd0311

I don't think you understand the root cause of the problem here. It's three fold.

Trump purposefully clogging our immigration court system by refusing to hire more judges so the appearance of a crisis is more apparent.

Trump unlike previous administrations, GOP or Democrat, chose to treat every family unit crossing the border as a criminal offense, instead of a civil matter and therefore detaining and seperating all non violent family units. Previous administrations would issue a court order and let them go. If they miss their court date, then they committed a criminal offense. Obama created a pilot program that had case workers keep tabs on the families. The program cost 36 dollars a day and 99% of the migrants who recieved court orders showed up to their court preceding on time under this program.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/i...lum-seeking-migrant-families-together-n885896

And last, Trump is painting all these migrants as illegally crossing the border when most of them voluntarily gave them selves up for asylum requests. Trump is fabricating a story to make an argument for increased border security. How is a wall going to prevent people from voluntarily giving themselves up at checkpoints?

Again, we don't need to separate these families and detain them in the first places.

5. Fantasma Negro

Don’t put your stupid labels on me. And I actually love AOC, she is gorgeous and smart. She just needs to chill on the sound bite attention whoring and she needs to devote more attention to actual citizens. Like there are homeless citizens living on the streets and kids in schools that don’t teach them anything but she’s focused on appealing to potential voters. I love her though, you guys really need to stop taking politics so seriously, you’re starting to sound like wrestling fans lol

6. fchowd0311

Ironically the policies she has pushed for such as removing corporate money from our elections, removing the unnecessary middleman that is our private health insurance networks, ramping up our public k-12 education are more beneficial to the average American citizen than whatever politician you savy.

7. Fantasma Negro

I don’t savy any politicians. They’re all poisonous fruit of the same tree, but they’re entertaining as all hell

8. fchowd0311

An enlightened centrist I see.

9. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

AOC is a piece of ****

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

This is the don't-feel-safe-ism that I'm talking about:

11. fchowd0311

I would not feel safe also if I went to a place of work where 9000 employees are a a part of a private Facebook group that massively liked memes of me being raped.

https://static.theintercept.com/amp/border-patrol-facebook-group.html

Would you call your white whiny female students that you discuss so often "whiny" if they complained about rape jokes about them?

#2011 fchowd0311, Jul 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
  12. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Well your comments are misguided if you care about the homeless etc. Ocasio-Cortez being a nice cautious back bencher for twenty years therebye going along with the status quo Dems who have been very ineffective in combating growing inequality for 40 years is a loser.
    The Right will do their number on her, no matter how cautious or careful she is,

13. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Not an AOC tweet, but fitting....

upload_2019-7-10_18-25-21.png

Cohete Rojo likes this.
  14. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Just wait til her congressional career is over. Then, she ventures into a certain genre of videos....:D

15. dmoneybangbang

Now do one with "religious freedom"!!

16. TheresTheDagger

How lefty and obnoxious do you have to be to get pissed off at Nancy Pelosi?

BruceAndre and Cohete Rojo like this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"But the persistent singling out . . . it got to a point where it was just outright disrespectful . . . the explicit singling out of newly elected women of color.”

that's it . . . Pelosi's a racist

J Sizzle and jcf like this.
  18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You guys are really crushing hard on AOC

19. HTM

HTM Member

That’s where civil discourse has gotten. Disagree with me? You’re a racist. Like, seriously? Accusing the Democratic speaker of the house of being a racist... good grief.

jcf likes this.
  20. King1

King1 Contributing Member

You're garbage. Plain and simple.