1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump considering executive order to add Census citizenship question

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Andre0087, Jul 5, 2019.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He backtracked because he knew his words about banning all Muslim immigration would backfire in the courts when his lawyers try to justify the ban of Muslims in certain countries.

This example not only shows his bigotedness but also his lack of foresight because he's a dumb bigoted person.

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

He wasn’t President in 2015. And the fact stands that no US Citizen has lost a single right under Trump, regardless of all the “Trump is Hitler” and “Democracy Dies in the Darkness” reports that mainstream media would have you believe.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

4. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

Trump doesn’t respect the constitution. He does and will demand whatever he feels is right. No body, no law, no god will get in his way. If he’s stopped at one corner, he’ll find another one. A creative endless fighter. This is a main attraction to him by his core and even secondary supporters.

The rationalization of him being law abiding and god sent is ridiculous and laughable. But I guess you have to in order to support such a man and it’s an indication of his supporters knowing exactly what’s very wrong but so seductive about this man.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

He wasn't, but it was part of his campaign platform.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

Imagine being shocked and chagrined that people were worried about Donald Trump being an authorization fascist when he makes campaign promises of banning an entire religious group from immigrating to the US.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  7. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

How about my business's right to boycott Israel?

8. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

Your pivot to not yet lack or ignore an understanding of why.

The court has stopped him numerous times. This is his first attempt at ignoring the court. Once he has succeeded past that point, you are really stupid to think he would stop there.

and btw, yes he has removed rights from the LGBTQ community.

https://transequality.org/the-discrimination-administration

9. fchowd0311

I'm pretty sure @crash5179 has put me on an ignore list.

However I'll give a large glaring example.

If anyone wants to convey to him who hasn't irked his sensibilities enough to have you ignored:

Trump pardoned a sheriff before he even was sentenced which is unprecedented when the sheriff was convicted of refusing to obey court orders to cease and desist the violation of the 4th amendment on citizens. Trump proudly pardoned a man who violated the basic right of Americans because he loves "tough law enforcement" when it it comes to poor people and people of color. He hates tough law enforcement on the wealthy and privileged.

Another example is Trump telling law enforcement personnel to slam the heads of detained citizens on squad cars to show "toughness" which is another violation of our bill of rights.

#69 fchowd0311, Jul 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Your claim is no American citizen has had their rights violated. I told you why I don't agree and listed examples.

The law Trump had to revise and eventually pass didn't mention Muslims. Trump's own words were that wanted to ban Muslims.

11. crash5179

I guess my first question is why in the world would you want to boycott Israel of all places? They are literally the only country in the Middle East that does not oppress women, LGBTQs or people of different religions. Muslims have more rights in Israel than they have in Muslim run countries.

Having said that, if you have a problem with the Israel Anti-Boycotting Act then you should start your complaint be taking it up with Jimmy Carter and the Democratic Party since this is nothing more than an extension of the Export Administration Act of 1979 .

I’ll take it a step further, personally I consider this a matter of international commerce and Geo-Politics and not an infringement of the 1st amendment. But I’m sure the SCOTUS will get involved at some point and make a ruling.

12. crash5179

You didn’t really giver an example.

Banning Jim Acosta from a press conference for bad behavior is not a violation of someone’s 1st amendment rights. Even if you claim it is (like so many others), Trump did not remove that right he impaired one individual from exercising that right much in the same manner that YouTube or Twitter does when they blocks certain video or post.

The fact that the SCOTUS made a ruling against the POTUS on that issue based on the 1st amendment is further proof that POTUS did not take that right away, for in the absence of that particular 1st amendment right, SCOTUS would have had nothing to rule on.

As stated, Trump did not ban Muslims from the country. Do you realize that Obama enacted 19 separate travel bans while he was president? Probably not since it was never an issue. Like Trump, they both enacted travel bans in the name of national security. So Trump didn’t exactly set a new precedence with his travel ban.

Since Trump has been POTUS, no US Citizen has lost any of their rights.

13. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

It was hypothetical, I have no intention of boycotting Israel even if I had my own business.

14. Major

Major Member

LOL. You might need a refresher course on the 1st Amendment and who it applies to. (hint: it doesn't apply to Youtube or Twitter. It does apply to government)

It's really weird that you'd get into a conversation about any of this without knowing even the basic principles of the bill of rights.

15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

We just disagree on Jim. He had his pass suspended. It wasn't just that he was out of one conference.

Trump himself stated he wanted to put a halt to Muslims. I never said that he changed the constitution and removed the first amendment entirely.

His words and actions show there is reason for people to be concerned with losing their rights.

16. crash5179

I would be far more worried about the Democratic Party. They are literally trying to take away completely or infringe significantly on both your 1st and 2nd amendment rights.

17. crash5179

That’s ok, I always find it weird when you chime in to anything.

So which one of your rights were violated by Trump? Inquiring minds want to know.

18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I don't doubt that you would be.

Yet as a gun owner, I don't feel they are trying to infringe on my second amendment right. Much of their proposed legislation is overly broad and ignorant because they don't understand what they are talking about with their gun laws. Other pieces of their gun legislation, I am completely in agreement with.

There are some PC restrictions from people who probably vote Dem that I disagree with, but don't feel like they are any real threat to the first amendment.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This dog whistle sucks. You need a new one.

20. crash5179

I don’t know, it successfully called you didn’t it?