1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Woke Left, Do they even know they’re racist?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by crash5179, Jul 6, 2019.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

@crash5179 has been reading alt right blogs this morning.

conquistador#11 and Nook like this.
  3. crash5179

LOL, no not at all. I don’t follow any alt-rights that I know of.

I’m kind of surprised your not on board with calling out racism when it raises its ugly head. (Sarcasm)

But thanks for following typical left wing strategy of crying racism every time you see something that exposes you’re radical left wing ideology.

#3 crash5179, Jul 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

It's always the same thing. Find some stupid college student that said a mean thing, a random facebook post, etc to ThE LeFTz Is BuRD GuIS.

Must be hard being triggered by the stupidity of the 100s of millions of people in this country on a daily basis.

Next he's going to call me a leftist, not knowing that I'm anything but--and probably doesn't even know that I started a racist left thread myself a couple of months back. For actual reasons of course.

5. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

its a stupid thing for them to do, but the thread title is weird. do you really believe that the promoters of the afro-future fest = "the left". i think that says a lot more about you than the festival promoters.

as for the festival, seems pretty sketchy. its only a month away and they dont have any acts announced yet. website said lineup would be announced 7/3, but theres still nothing there.

after reading the link below about their mission statement i wouldnt go even if there were a bunch of bands i wanted to see. seems like it wont be a very welcoming environment for white people.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/afrofuture-fest-tickets-64562699773?aff=eand

one rapper already pulled out of the festival...
    http://www.deadlinedetroit.com/arti...music_festival_over_race-based_ticket_pricing

"I was immediately enraged just because I am biracial," Graham tells Metro Times. "I have family members that would have, under those circumstances, been subjected to something that I would not ever want them to be in ... especially not because of anything that I have going on."

"It’s non-progressive and it’s not solution-focused in my eyes," she says. "It seems almost like it has spite, and unfortunately with spite comes hate, and that’s just not obviously going to be a good direction for us to go if we’re looking for positive change."

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

White people have to worry about higher ticket prices to a fringe festival no one has heard about. Black people just have to worry about law enforcement disproportionately targeting them due to preconceived biases, a court system full of judges that give harsher sentences to poor black people for the same crimes along with the 400 years of prior history that has force funneled them into having a higher probability of being born into a poor neighborhood.

@crash5179 definitely has his priorities straight...

If he's a white supremacist.

finalsbound and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. mick fry

mick fry Member

Cmon man it can’t be racist.
    btw Zuby is aight.

8. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In some circles, "the left" is code for anybody you wouldn't allow into your clubhouse if the Supreme Court would just mind their own damn business.

In the 1930s, most of the far right literally didn't differentiate between Communists and Jews. Communists were always Jews and Jews were always Communists.

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

What did Thomas Sowell have to say about this? Can we get a YouTube video? :confused:

FranchiseBlade and Nook like this.
  10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

The answer is no to them because in their minds racism cannot exist against white people (oppressors).

Essentially, it's not racist if it is tilting the balance of power back to equilibrium.

It's a weird moral prism to look through.

11. crash5179

So you don’t think that charging admittance to people according to their race is.... racist? That’s odd. Are you saying I have to be triggered to point out racism? Once again that is odd considering you just admitted to doing the same thing yourself. Were you triggered?

Perhaps I’m not following what your trying to say in your post.

12. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

To marginalize the racist views of the promoter is fine.

To actually try to rationalize the action is pathetic.

13. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

This is problematic as it's a somewhat cynical version of minority "empowerment" that is both purported by and for the approval of a very narrow subset of affluent non-minorities.

As to the left, all black rights and prosperity have stemmed from federal action; and postwar liberalism is fundamentally federal curtailment over state and county bullshit, so we have no choice but to keep voting for them.

FranchiseBlade and Nook like this.
  14. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I just feel sorry for the white people who actually pay more to go to this festival. They must really hate themselves.

biff17 likes this.
  15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Or maybe they love people o'color even more.

Uncle Tyrones.

vlaurelio likes this.
  16. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Do conservatives even know they support pedophiles? Why does our president support pedophiles?

“I’ve known Jeff (Epstein) for fifteen years. Terrific guy. He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side.” - Donald Trump

You know, the guy arrested this weekend?

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sadly, your post mocking this is in some ways more accurate because at least yours involves political power players.

The original post talks about a small number of unrepresentative festival organizes and assigns the policy to the left in general.

18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

@crash5179 made the racist assumption that because they're black and believe in equity, they definitely couldn't be a right wing hate group. :cool:

In all seriousness, these young people have learned the racist lessons of the GOP but they need to upgrade to a PHD. Instead of listing prices by race, they needed to select secondary characteristics that are closely tied to the blacks and the browns just like Republicans do when they're trying to screw them. So instead of listing prices by race, you select prices by zip code, by high school, by names, etc. If your name is Brad and you live in the suburbs, price is $40.

#18 CometsWin, Jul 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
  19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Part of the problem is the division attempt here. I can understand if the poster said that he didn't think the pricing was fair and wondered if anyone else thought they were being fair.

Instead he applies the pricing scheme to all on the left and uses it as an attack on them.

vlaurelio and CometsWin like this.
  20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

From the event page, fwiw.

FranchiseBlade and Amiga like this.