1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

America's New Concentration Camp System

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Amiga, Jun 23, 2019.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The Jewish community isn't a hive mind.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loc...acility-36-Arrested-New-Jersey-512066281.html

3. HTM

HTM Member

4. fchowd0311

So are these Jewish protestors who adamantly support AOC and have been vocal critics of members of the Jewish community who are offended treating Holocaust survivors with derision?

5. HTM

HTM Member

No, but you treat those survivors who are offended with derision.

What do you have to say to the survivors or members of the Jewish community who are offended by AOC's statement? "Well, others aren't so your opinions are worthless" :rolleyes:

jcf likes this.
  6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would think that is when it's okay to say different opinions are okay on the subject. So nobody on either side is doing something to lessen or not recognize the tragedy of the Holocaust.

7. HTM

HTM Member

I disagree in that, I think if you're going to offend a large percentage of a particular community, and draw criticism from many of it's prominent people and institutions, you should not make those remarks. Many people in the Jewish community believe making comparisons between those federal detention facilities and Holocaust concentration camps cheapens the severity and horror of the Holocaust.

It's an extremely sensitive subject that should be handled with great care and we have AOC just throwing things out there on live feeds with an IDGAF attitude which I think is lamentable and obviously hurtful to a lot of people.

8. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Yup, basically this. Like i said, it's extremely offensive and insulting that these comparisons are being made.

9. fchowd0311

What do you have to say to the Holocaust survivors who are offended at the survivors who try to own the term concentration camp and believe they are using their suffering to score political points?

10. HTM

HTM Member

So, you don't answer the question.

Big shocker.

11. fchowd0311

Dude, there is no way I'm going to believe that you not liking AOC before her comments doesn't effect your level of outrage here.

12. HTM

HTM Member

You really have some of the poorest logic I've found on here.

I'm not criticizing AOC because she is a Democrat. I'm criticizing her because she said an awful thing. Your whole, "All of this is just politically motivated spiel" is just plain dumb. That means nobody who doesn't hold that persons political views could ever criticize anyone because "It's just politically motivated criticism." Which, you know, is stupid.

BTW Many Democrats feel the exact same way as me.

Rep: Wow John Edwards fathering a child with his mistress is awful.
    Fchowd0311: This is all just politically motivated criticism!
    Rep: No, I think it's awful to cheat on your wife and do that.
    Fchowd0311: Nope! You're only saying that because he's a Democrat!

:rolleyes:

mick fry likes this.
  13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would agree except that a large percentage of the community and organizations specifically founded to look after that kind of thing see nothing wrong with what she said and many even agree with her.

14. NewRoxFan

kilmead of fox & friends: Hey, its like an house party with too many party goers, or an overcrowded luxury hotel...

15. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Toilet/fountain. Got to love politics.

[​IMG]

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Is that a real picture?

And is that really a fountain or is it a sink to wash your hands after?

17. Fantasma Negro

18. NewRoxFan

Wow, seems like the new president of El Salvador has more of a sense of moral responsibility and a desire to improve the situation than our current president. He was elected as an anti-corruption and outsider, but seems to be trying also to create a more hopeful country. Seems our government should focus on working with leaders like Bukele to make improvements to reduce the number of people leaving there for here.

19. NewRoxFan

20. Fantasma Negro

I hope that's the approach you take in your daily life, solve everyone's problems for them. If that's what you got from that then maybe you should watch the interview again, I don't think you got the main point of what Bukele was saying. But it sounds like you want to bash Trump and condemn the "camps". So buy a t shirt for your Trump hate because you're wasting it on me