1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Butler still Moreys MAIN target this summer/MDAs seat getting hot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 10, 2019.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It doesn't strike me that Harden isn't buds with anyone, other than Dwight. Media hate aside, he's a relatively liked player by other players. Remember he and Steph had a nice conversation at the all star game.

I have plenty of buds that live in different cities, lol

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

harden is extremely close to kieff. that still didn't stop him from choosing to go to okc and barely play

Hakeemtheking, RyanB and J Sizzle like this.
  3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Some of y’all are really going to be disappointed come July. Lmao.

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Sixers can offer the most money, but like Chris he can make more in the long run by opting in now, the next contract he signs is going to be his last big one.

Knicks are going after Durant and Irving. The Nets are ok, i guess an interesting organization but, if he wants to win i don't see how he would be able to do it there as today.

Clippers are going after Kawhi and apparently Thompson, wouldn't be shocked if Jimmy is their plan B, not sure Jimmy is thrilled about being a plan B though.

Lakers i don't know tbh, i actually think they'll strike out on other guys so i can see them go after him, i just hope he doesn't want to play with Lebron.

Overall i think i can see the Sixers and the Lakers as his main options, outside of Houston of course :cool:

RyanB likes this.
  5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

@cyberx any more info about the Messina possibility?

snowconeman22 likes this.
  6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

won't have to wait that long. With the Moratorium starting on June 30 at 6PM, I'm sure the opt in date will be pushed up to June 29. If we have any speckle of hope in landing a star it's got to be placed on Butler due to the extenuating circumstances, where he both A) can opt in and force a trade B) leave to many teams who will pay him the max. We don't have assets for any other known star and we don't have cap.

If there is a trade to be made, I'd say the most likely outcome of this off-season is that we end up getting a young guy who may become a valuable rotation player via trade whether it be via Capela or Gordon.

MDA is on television tomorrow discussing what's next with the team. I'm guessing he's staying. The only way we land Messina is when every other head coaching vacancy is filled. At that time it's possible he'll join the staff.

Rudyc281 and J Sizzle like this.
  7. KelvinCato13

KelvinCato13 Member

No more ISO ball!

whiskeyred and Rudyc281 like this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

June 28: LeBron James Jimmy Butler has opted out of his contract, will become free agent

Corrosion likes this.
  9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

No, oh no. It'll be another s*** show.

10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Maybe he “retires”

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Means nothing because the CP3/Fertitta/Morey is the here and now and not something with a past regime. So *hi* back.

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Any of them FAs, tall and able?

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LeBron did not make a basketball decision. It was always LA.

And maybe Butler will do the same. But *NONE* of us know the true *motivations* of these players. We all *assume* it is about the best winning basketball decision. Sometimes that is the case, other times it is about Money, Role, Family, Location, Management. So many things baked in.

Every situation is different.

14. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

you crazy if you think butler or any other marquee name ends up here this offseason. only conceivable way that happens is if we trade capela and gordon, and i don't see capela's contract being viewed all that favorably after his complete disappearing act against the warriors.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  15. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

It's hard for me to see Gordon not getting traded since it's his last year, and he allegedly wants a raise. Morey will not want to let EG walk without some sort of return. As you note, options for improving the team are so limited.

16. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

17. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

@cyberx have the Rockets made any calls to the Lakers about the #4?

18. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Is it me or should getting Durant be #1?

Get in his ear....mans they said they’re better without you. Mans they said they don’t need you. Mans, don’t you know you’re the one who made them unbeatable? We’re unbeatable with you. New York is where pro basketball dreams go to die. That’s where you’re at? Just retire then.

BigggReddd likes this.
  19. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Morey explores every avenue, every corner. No stone is left unturned when it comes to the big fish... especially those that are perfect for his system.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  20. Homey the Clown

Morey has big free agent targets every year and nobody signs lol. Another Rockets fantasy.