1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Game 6 Podcast

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 11, 2019.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. Mr. Space City

Good podcast guys! Agreed with a lot of points, especially Capela.

Clutch likes this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Thanks clutch.

Clutch likes this.
  4. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Thanks, guys.

Many questions going into the offseason. Have to find ways to get better and agree it’s going to be tough to do it. I just don’t know.

Of course I’d be willing to move Capela, but not sure what he even nets you at this point.

This may have to be Morey’s best offseason in the sense that he will probably have to work real magic in order to upgrade the team.

Why did Harden seem so sure that he knows what to do this offseason? It was strange.

Tilman talked about being aggressive. We will see.

It’s going to be a long off season.

whiskeyred and Clutch like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Even though you guys said it was a depressing podcast, you were significantly more upbeat than I was last night. I wouldn't say I'm upset. More just numb and dumbfounded.

Hakeemtheking, Vivi, Deuce and 2 others like this.
  7. xaos

xaos Member

This feels like the toughest offseason we've had in a while. No draft picks, no cap space, no rights to the guys coming off the books except Shump (I believe?).

You kind of just focus on keeping House at the smallest deal possible, resign Shump so we can aggregate his salary in a future trade, sign Rivers using a portion of the MLE and spend your main attention at making a big move. But that's essentially "running it back", which doesn't seem very wise.

It's hard seeing us not try to get something nice for Clint after this series. He was by far my biggest disappointment of the series.

Can't wait for the @BimaThug breakdown of what are options are moving forward.

Thanks for the podcast guys

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Thanks Clutch. This was kind of therapeutic to listen to.

BigShasta, saleem and Vienna Calling like this.
  9. KelvinCato13

KelvinCato13 Member

Agreed with all your points especially your thoughts on Capela, Harden and MDA, great podcast.

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

A non knee jerk reaction.

I can’t recall really disagreeing with anything.

This was a joy to listen to after a day of reading all the garbage nonsense posts.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I would be interested in Beal. I'm kinda hoping he has a A mentality. Gordon plus Clint and a 1st for Beal and fillers seems somewhat realistic.

@ApacheWarrior @Deckard

I would appreciate feedback from anyone too.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I’ll have to get back to you later, @saleem. I really appreciate you asking my opinion, and I’ll bookmark this so I can get back to you later, but I’m taking a hiatus from the GARM. Losing this series the way we did, both how our team played, the coaching, and the clearly biased officiating, added on top of how we lost to Oakland last year (CP3’s injury when we had it in our grasp and, again, obviously biased officiating), was a real blow I took personally. I need a rest from the NBA. I’ll be back here in a couple of weeks, no doubt, because I’m clearly addicted to this place, so I’ll talk to you then. I’ll still be visiting a couple of the other forums that have nothing to do with basketball. Again, thanks, and I’ll get back to you eventually. :)

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

We definitely need new blood. I love Gordon, at times he has been my favorite player on the Rockets, but this entire team carries the mental burden of two excruciating playoff exits in a row. Beal would be a great start towards something fresh. We would still also need to find a new rotation PF/C either to replace Clint or play along with him and Tucker.

saleem likes this.
  15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Thanks.

Deckard likes this.
  16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

So does no one listen to these?

This is the most objective, non hot take, non knee jerk reaction to what happened this season and there’s almost zero discussion about it.

Sad that it’s right here on the same front page as all the garbage and the garbage is getting the attention and the quality discussion seems to be ignored.

Jake Tower likes this.
  17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Excellent podcast, @Clutch. You raise some good points with regards to Capela and resources. Will be interesting to see Morey's next move.

18. HP3

HP3 Member

I should listen to this, Im seeing incredibly dumb takes from a lot of people on here, its really sickening. , its not surprising though.

19. amaru

amaru Member

Solid podcast. I agree with the points about Paul, Harden, Capela and Morey's offseason. Don't agree with the Mike D'Antoni points except for the fact that there aren't a lot of coach options available. I think he needs to be fired but we'll see what Tilman does. This off-season will be tough but very interesting at the same time.

20. Zergling

Zergling Member

Doesn't seem wise but I expect the Rockets to have a much better regular season record since our core rotation is already intact. No more experimenting lineups with Melo, MCW, and Ennis. I expect we'll get off to a much better start and I really hope House, Clark, and Hartenstein are integrated into the everyday rotation. I don't expect D'Antoni to be willing to do that, which is why I hope he is replaced.