1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Capela for Thon Maker?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Jun 13, 2016.

?

Would you trade Capela for Thon Maker?

1. Yes

86 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. No

486 vote(s)
    85.0%
  1. topfive

topfive CF OG

FIFY

King1 likes this.
  2. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I can run down the list of the last 30 NBA championships and AT LEAST 12 would be "tainted" by your standard.

The Warriors have never faced a true HEALTHY threat/contender other than that Cavaliers team. That is fact.

vince, spark06 and topfive like this.
  3. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I can’t believe anyone thinks Draymond getting suspended for repeatedly kicking players in the balls was unjust. How that guy doesn’t get ejected or suspended every other game is beyond me.

D-rock and BigggReddd like this.
  4. spark06

spark06 Member

And by your logic, the Rockets championships are tainted by the fact that Michael Jordan retired, which they are not. Wrong again!

BigggReddd likes this.
  5. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Jordan was only retired for one of the Rockets’ two championships.

D-rock likes this.
  6. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I don't know what just happened in the last two pages here...

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

Let me help:

[​IMG]

King1, D-rock, kubli9 and 1 other person like this.
  8. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Everybody by now should know that it wasn't retirement, it was suspension. Besides the point, though.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You may not care but it's pretty critical for our offensive given it's one of the big ways to open up Harden's game.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t know if any of your proposed moves would work

On nba2k
    Like have you even won games on the easiest settings with these joke moves ?

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

Zubac and Harrell 3 point attempts tonight: ZERO. Clippers beat Warriors in OAKLAND. There's an error on someone's spreadsheet.

spark06, King1 and D-rock like this.
  12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Hmmmm as much as I would like to agree with u, we can't sht on holic statement yet b/c Clippers only got 1 game in the bag they still need 3 more. Holic likes to set his scenario really hard to accomplish. (less likely to be wrong).

topfive likes this.
  13. topfive

topfive CF OG

If it can be done once, it's not impossible to do again. Hell, we beat the Warriors 3 times this year without a 3-pt shooting center.

spark06, D-rock and fckbandwagons like this.
  14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

And since Michael Jordan never had to face Michael Jordan in the playoffs, all of those Bulls titles are tainted.

Os Trigonum, spark06 and Wooderson like this.
  15. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

16. basketballholic

Definitely agree on Irving/Love.

I could see the argument for Rockets/Paul too. Although I felt that we weren't deep enough anyways. But, if that series is tainted, it is tainted both ways, since they missed Iggy for the majority of that series. And no Iggy isn't as good as Paul. But his importance in their rotation at that time was way undervalued.

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Michael Jordan had it easy

J Sizzle likes this.
  18. basketballholic

Me too. I'll give you one off the top of my head. The Lakers/Kings 2002 series where Kobe got away with a brutal offensive foul on Bibby...and the Lakers got away with numerous things that whole series.

Remember, Donaghy was involved in a lot of these series. I think he was in this series if I'm not mistaken. So, there should be no question that there are several tainted championships. And 12 may even be low.

Thank you.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Are you kidding me? Paul was our 2nd best player and Iggy was off the bench. Also, we were missing Luc Mbah a Moute who was a key key rotational player for us but was completely ineffective after dislocating his shoulder.

So we were out two critical players to our 65 win success and the Warriors were without Iggy who was one rotational player.

20. basketballholic

I wouldn't call those tainted. MJ did retire. And he wasn't playing. And if I recall correctly, when he did come back the next season...they still lost in the playoffs. It took him a whole year to make it back to his normal self.

And I frankly believe that the Rockets could have very well prevailed against the Bulls anyway. We beat them consistently with MJ. And our offense with the shooters around Hakeem....was unbelievable. And we got the defense rolling late in the season. I think both of those teams were legit champions. Don't view them as tainted at all. That would be like saying the Lakers/Celtics championships are tainted because they didn't play this current Warriors championships.

Tainting, by my logic, has to do with what happens during games and series. I reject your definition that you assign to my logic.

Thank you.